JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
August 6th, 2014 at 5:12:08 PM permalink
From the opening chords of “Because”( Abbey Road, 1969) to the show’s closing songs, “Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band” (1967) and the “All You Need is Love” single (1967), Cirque du Soleil has nailed it with this multi-media production at the Mirage.

I’ve seen many of the Cirque shows in Vegas, and this is the one I wanted to see a second time (ditto for Mrs. Q).

While it may not have the biggest and most thrill-seeking acts that you will see at other Cirque productions, it more than makes up for that in artistic beauty and interpretation. My favorite is the aerialist segment, with women dressed in flowing white outfits flying through the air, combining a bungie cord routine with what I can best describe as modern ballet. And of course you can never go wrong with a Beatles soundtrack (sampling 120 different songs per Wikipedia, so who am I to argue with that statistic ?).

Mirage also has a unique theatre with seating 360 degrees around the stage, so all of the seats are pretty good.

If the show has a weakness, I would say it is the Rollerbladers, who are quite good but don’t do the somersaults and flips that I have seen at X-Game type shows. Add something along those lines and this show would move up to a rating of a 10 from a solid 9 in my book.

According the the website, tickets range from $ 79 to $ 180, plus tax and service fee. So that’s another reason why I “Love” myVegas, this is one of the shows they have offered for the past year.

Show Link
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
August 6th, 2014 at 5:47:04 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

From the opening chords of “Because”( Abbey Road, 1969) to the show’s closing songs, “Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band” (1967) and the “All You Need is Love” single (1967), Cirque du Soleil has nailed it with this multi-media production at the Mirage.

I’ve seen many of the Cirque shows in Vegas, and this is the one I wanted to see a second time (ditto for Mrs. Q).

While it may not have the biggest and most thrill-seeking acts that you will see at other Cirque productions, it more than makes up for that in artistic beauty and interpretation. My favorite is the aerialist segment, with women dressed in flowing white outfits flying through the air, combining a bungie cord routine with what I can best describe as modern ballet. And of course you can never go wrong with a Beatles soundtrack (sampling 120 different songs per Wikipedia, so who am I to argue with that statistic ?).

Mirage also has a unique theatre with seating 360 degrees around the stage, so all of the seats are pretty good.

If the show has a weakness, I would say it is the Rollerbladers, who are quite good but don’t do the somersaults and flips that I have seen at X-Game type shows. Add something along those lines and this show would move up to a rating of a 10 from a solid 9 in my book.

According the the website, tickets range from $ 79 to $ 180, plus tax and service fee. So that’s another reason why I “Love” myVegas, this is one of the shows they have offered for the past year.

Show Link

Thanks for the review JohnnyQ. Can you list the other Cirque shows you have seen for comparison? e.g., How does it compare to the Elvis or Michael Jackson shows (which are also based on the music of one artist/group)?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
August 7th, 2014 at 4:06:10 AM permalink
I haven't seen either of the MJ shows, Cirque or otherwise.

I have seen:

KA (twice)
ZARKANA (twice)
MYSTERE
"O" at Bellagio (also very good by the way)

Other non-Cirque shows I have seen:

JUBILEE
MAC KING (several times !)
RECYCLED PERCUSSION

If anyone is trying to decide which CIRQUE show to see, I wanted to let them know that I really enjoyed Beatles LOVE.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 7th, 2014 at 5:11:19 AM permalink
I saw it in July (also free via MyVegas), and I also loved it. I will definitely see it again. I was tempted to get another ticket already for my next trip on Labor Day, but I decided to try Zarkana instead just to get in some variety.

The only other show I've seen was O, and they're hard to compare because they're so different. But I think Love is more of a crowd pleaser.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
August 7th, 2014 at 9:54:38 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

I haven't seen either of the MJ shows, Cirque or otherwise.

I have seen:

KA (twice)
ZARKANA (twice)
MYSTERE
"O" at Bellagio (also very good by the way)

Other non-Cirque shows I have seen:

JUBILEE
MAC KING (several times !)
RECYCLED PERCUSSION

If anyone is trying to decide which CIRQUE show to see, I wanted to let them know that I really enjoyed Beatles LOVE.

Thanks JohnnyQ! I don't spend much money on tickets, so if I have to pick one show, that is the one I will choose. I note the range in the pricing. Are the cheap seats as good as the expensive ones, (which is the case at the Wynn's 360 theater)?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 82
August 7th, 2014 at 11:37:27 AM permalink
I have only seen mystere, but i really liked the show! Im more into the acrobatics and they definitely took care of that.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
August 7th, 2014 at 2:59:42 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

I note the range in the pricing. Are the cheap seats as good as the expensive ones, (which is the case at the Wynn's 360 theater)?

Well the theatre is laid out nicely and I think all the seats are pretty decent. So for sure I would not consider a super-premium ticket to be ~2.5 times as good as one of the cheaper seats. I assume you are a Vegas resident and therefore can't use myVegas ?
  • Jump to: