gts4ever
gts4ever
  • Threads: 10
May 26th, 2014 at 3:54:07 PM permalink
Thinking of trying one of these out this summer. Anyone have any first hand experience? Don't know if I should expect it to be more like what I'm hoping for, or fearing.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 26th, 2014 at 4:44:51 PM permalink
I for one have no idea what you're talking about. You explain it and you teach yourself you know.
I am a robot.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
May 26th, 2014 at 5:01:05 PM permalink
Quote: gts4ever

Thinking of trying one of these out this summer. Anyone have any first hand experience? Don't know if I should expect it to be more like what I'm hoping for, or fearing.

This is the first google image result for European style pool:

Looks good to me.

European style pool just means a topless pool for adults only. Like with any activity involving nudity, what you hope or fear will be largely dependent on the types of people who frequent the topless pool.

Here is a list of such pools in Las Vegas:

http://govegas.about.com/od/lasvegashotels/tp/toplesstop.htm
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 26th, 2014 at 5:04:34 PM permalink
Is touching allowed or just gawking?
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
gts4ever
gts4ever
May 26th, 2014 at 5:15:44 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

This is the first google image result for European style pool:

Looks good to me.

European style pool just means a topless pool for adults only. Like with any activity involving nudity, what you hope or fear will be largely dependent on the types of people who frequent the topless pool.

Here is a list of such pools in Las Vegas:

http://govegas.about.com/od/lasvegashotels/tp/toplesstop.htm

hoping it will be like that. fearing it will be like this:

sodawater
sodawater
May 26th, 2014 at 5:21:50 PM permalink

At least they've got the boards oriented correctly.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 26th, 2014 at 5:27:42 PM permalink
Perfect time for photoshop of "What people think European pools are" with the first pic and "What they are really like" in the second.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 26th, 2014 at 5:40:26 PM permalink
Nothing like the one at Rio a few years ago when a strip club ran it and Metro arrested 11 girls for "working" at the pool.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jul/29/metro-prostitution-activity-found-topless-rio-pool/
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
May 26th, 2014 at 5:40:59 PM permalink
I don't think it matters really. If you have decided to go and you are not comfortable then you leave, it really is that simple.

As for the naked pool at Mandalay Bay, there are some absolute CRACKERS lying around sunnig themselves. I cannot believe you would be disappointed........

Being in Surveillance does have its advantages even though we had been specifically warned not to use those cameras......bah humbug :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 26th, 2014 at 5:44:24 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Nothing like the one at Rio a few years ago when a strip club ran it and Metro arrested 11 girls for "working" at the pool.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jul/29/metro-prostitution-activity-found-topless-rio-pool/

Just about my first thought about what to expect there.
I am a robot.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 26th, 2014 at 6:17:42 PM permalink

Anyone have any first hand experience?

Snookers?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 26th, 2014 at 6:25:53 PM permalink

My understanding is "European pool" is a euphemism for Topless pool... and that Sausage Fest is a euphemism for guys being in the vast majority.

I think there is ONE small pool in Vegas that is discreetly topless and women only.

I heard that one of the beaches at Mandalay is mandatory nude but I can't image the Gambling board letting them do that.

Please note; Many nudist resorts are not for "swinging" and many such resorts expel those who even speak of swinging.
gts4ever
gts4ever
May 26th, 2014 at 6:52:24 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

My understanding is "European pool" is a euphemism for Topless pool

I thought about naming the thread " Topless Pools". Probably would get 5x more clicks...

Quote: FleaStiff

.. and that Sausage Fest is a euphemism for guys being in the vast majority.

So you are saying you don't think it will be a bunch of naked 9/10s walking around waiting to throw themselves at me and my crew of out of shape average/below average dudes?
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
May 26th, 2014 at 9:15:30 PM permalink
Damn, thought this was a snooker thread. Need to tune up my cue and SWITCH games !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 26th, 2014 at 10:43:16 PM permalink

So you are saying you don't think it will be a bunch of naked 9/10s walking around waiting to throw themselves at me and my crew of out of shape average/below average dudes?

Now you know at a beach girls lie in the sun and get looked at; they don't stroll around whether topless or not. (This ain't Australia).
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 26th, 2014 at 11:59:47 PM permalink
Just shows how you change one thing and everything changes. You want the girls in the bikinis topless then they don't show up and the ones you don't want to see do. The waitresses must be nice though. In essence, this beach idea was the same way Revel was thought up thinking they could skip steps and fall on top.
I am a robot.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
May 27th, 2014 at 10:47:55 AM permalink

Moorea is amazing. Also free entry for you and a guest with a gold or higher m-life card (normally $50 for men on fri-sun, $30 on mon-thurs. Ladies are always free)

Bare is also excellent, although I think I am starting to prefer Moorea.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 28th, 2014 at 10:34:25 AM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

I don't think it matters really. If you have decided to go and you are not comfortable then you leave, it really is that simple.

As for the naked pool at Mandalay Bay, there are some absolute CRACKERS lying around sunnig themselves. I cannot believe you would be disappointed........

Being in Surveillance does have its advantages even though we had been specifically warned not to use those cameras......bah humbug :)

Crackers? Is that South African slang for a hot chick? I only know it as a racial slur for white people...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
AceTwo
AceTwo
  • Threads: 5
May 28th, 2014 at 12:15:49 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Damn, thought this was a snooker thread. Need to tune up my cue and SWITCH games !

A snooker player would never call snooker 'European Pool'.
Actually when I saw the thread I also thought that he is talking about Pool as played in England as opposed to the US (because I thing there are difference in the way that is played in England).

As for the way 'European Pool' as meant in the thread, try Europe.
In the 1980s and 1990s if you went to a summer resort in Europe with say English, Scandinavians, Germans etc about 75% of the women aged 18-30 would be topless. These days the figure is below 50%, probably around 25%.
I do not think 'morals' or whatever you call it changed to being more prudish in Europe since then.
The fact though that everyone has a mobile with a camera and everyone in that age group posts everything in facebook etc, I think has made a lot of women not going topless in a public beach or pool.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 28th, 2014 at 12:23:41 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I don't think the other comments have aything to do with actual pool ;)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 40
May 28th, 2014 at 1:48:46 PM permalink
Ah, sweet puritan Americans...

How many generations more until you get rid of your irrational fear of nudity? Take a trip to Germany and enjoy a naked stroll through a downtown pedestrian area. It is very relaxing. (Bring something to cover your genitals though, and put it on if requested to do so by other people.)

So in the "European style pool" you can go topless but not bottomless? Oh well.

That means, in the "regular pool", men can go topless and women can't? That is sexist. Has anybody ever taken this to the Supreme Court? (Let's assume it were a public beach, not a private business.)
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 28th, 2014 at 2:12:57 PM permalink
Quote: Canyonero

That means, in the "regular pool", men can go topless and women can't? That is sexist. Has anybody ever taken this to the Supreme Court? (Let's assume it were a public beach, not a private business.)

"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
sodawater
sodawater
May 28th, 2014 at 2:13:34 PM permalink

How many generations more until you get rid of your irrational fear of nudity? Take a trip to Germany and enjoy a naked stroll through a downtown pedestrian area. It is very relaxing. (Bring something to cover your genitals though, and put it on if requested to do so by other people.)

In NYC, women are allowed to walk around topless everywhere in public. I suspect it is the same in many other jurisdictions.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
May 28th, 2014 at 2:16:33 PM permalink

In NYC, women are allowed to walk around topless everywhere in public. I suspect it is the same in many other jurisdictions.

I remember when I was in high school, some feminists organized a topless rally to protest the fact that women weren't allowed to go topless in public. Many, many, many more men than women showed up. They "won"; it's now allowed.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 28th, 2014 at 3:55:41 PM permalink
Breasts are not genitals. Before NYC changed the laws for what was allowable in public there had already been quite a change for what was done on private property. The Museum of Modern Art had long been a place where women removed their blouses upon entry.
sodawater
sodawater
May 29th, 2014 at 11:54:51 AM permalink
Bruce Willis's daughter "Scout" walking topless in NYC:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/scout-willis-walks-topless-new-york-article-1.1808910
Swanson234
Swanson234
  • Threads: 13
June 19th, 2014 at 8:39:02 AM permalink

If women aren't afraid of going full nude than they should also accept the fact that lots of men undesirable to them will make advances (not necessarily ugly men, but men of low means). Usually women who dress like sluts don't accept this and report undesirable mates as sexual harassers. A style of gaining a decent mate for women - repeatedly going out dressed like a hooker and have guys arrested until "the one"(guy with money usually) finally shows up at her door.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 19th, 2014 at 11:08:48 PM permalink
Quote: AceTwo

A snooker player would never call snooker 'European Pool'.
Actually when I saw the thread I also thought that he is talking about Pool as played in England as opposed to the US (because I thing there are difference in the way that is played in England).

As for the way 'European Pool' as meant in the thread, try Europe.
In the 1980s and 1990s if you went to a summer resort in Europe with say English, Scandinavians, Germans etc about 75% of the women aged 18-30 would be topless. These days the figure is below 50%, probably around 25%.
I do not think 'morals' or whatever you call it changed to being more prudish in Europe since then.
The fact though that everyone has a mobile with a camera and everyone in that age group posts everything in facebook etc, I think has made a lot of women not going topless in a public beach or pool.

I would guess it has a lot to do with the cameras as well, and add in how ugly things got for people like Princess Diana or Princess Caroline when they were photographed topless. Says more about what goes on in the brain than the actual practice, if you consider that most of the men in "photo 2" (the chess players) have bigger breasts than most women on topless beaches, but who wants to look at them? lol....
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
June 19th, 2014 at 11:16:29 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Quote: Tomspur

Crackers? Is that South African slang for a hot chick? I only know it as a racial slur for white people...

It is actually an English (the country) term for a hot chick, also similar to belter or ripper (which is Aussie).

The way some Englishmen speak the Queen's language is very entertaining :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
June 29th, 2014 at 2:26:04 AM permalink

Bruce Willis's daughter "Scout" walking topless in NYC:

She's obviously desperate for publicity.

Real sidewalk beauties don't need to go topless.

Sidewalk Beauties
  • Jump to: