RS
RS
  • Threads: 49
March 20th, 2017 at 2:47:10 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Thanks for the thoughts.
It is weird, we took our kids there in Oct 2015 so they would have been 3.5 and 1.5. We also took them to Disney for a day in Jan 2016. Both of them still talk about swimming under the big tower (pool at Paris), tournament of kings and circus circus. Neither one of them remember a thing about disney.

Glad to see someone say 3.5 and 1.5 instead of this "42 month and 18 month" nonsense.

Wait, you let your 1.5 year old swim in the pool at Paris?

Your kids seem smart. They're what, one's five, the other three, and already talking?
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
GWAE
GWAE 
  • Threads: 67
March 20th, 2017 at 3:46:56 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Glad to see someone say 3.5 and 1.5 instead of this "42 month and 18 month" nonsense.

Wait, you let your 1.5 year old swim in the pool at Paris?

Your kids seem smart. They're what, one's five, the other three, and already talking?

I actually typed 1 and 3 but they were closer to 2 and 4 so I threw in the half. A half year is much different at that age than our ages.

Well he didn't swim, he floated while I held him.

They both talk well, the younger turns 3 in 3 weeks. The 3 year old was saying his ABCs at 1.5 which is pretty young but as I read not all uncommon for a 2nd child.
GWAE
GWAE 
  • Threads: 67
March 20th, 2017 at 3:49:15 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

That's funny. But not unusual. Do you have pictures around the house of kids at these attractions? They may be subconsciously reinforcing the experiences, keeping them fresh in their minds (especially the younger one).

You might pull out the video camera, and ask the kids what is the very earliest thing they can remember. Do they remember the ride home from the hospital as a newborn? They might. When they are ~13, if you ask them again about the first trip to Vegas, typically, their brains will have moved these files from "active sense" to "a vague impression".

There is a chance your kids possess perfect recall, have immediate, complete access to their memories, and are able to play them forward and backward in their minds like scanning through a DVD. I have met a few individuals with this ability. It is a fascinating gift (and a bit of a curse),

No matter what, I hope you enjoy your family vacation. Sounds like it it going to be a fun adventure!

There are indeed pictures of both adventures in the house but I would bet the Vegas trip is discussed more often. The older has been to AC 5 times and each time we go to wildwood. He talks about the balls at wildwood often too. Forget the monster truck he rode in or the beach, it is all about the wildwood balls. Google it if you don't know what I am talking about.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
March 20th, 2017 at 4:17:29 PM permalink
CCSD first graders do Anderson Dairy as a field trip, or at least did several years ago. I was a chaperone for the field trip. It is just a processing plant. They will show you the process, run a couple of movies and give everyone free ice cream at the end.

There is no actual dairy farm on the property. The cows are in Utah and have been for decades. The milk comes in on trucks.

The place is in an awful neighborhood. You definitely do not want to walk there from anywhere.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 206
March 20th, 2017 at 4:19:23 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

There are indeed pictures of both adventures in the house but I would bet the Vegas trip is discussed more often. The older has been to AC 5 times and each time we go to wildwood. He talks about the balls at wildwood often too. Forget the monster truck he rode in or the beach, it is all about the wildwood balls. Google it if you don't know what I am talking about.

Hehe.. that's funny. When you can't see out of the window of the monster truck, you might as well be in the family van. The view is the same.

Who doesn't love beach balls? They're colorful and fun... especially when you can balance on them, play hide and seek, and jump off them. Maybe there's a career in Cirque somewhere down the road??
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed. - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

• Jump to: