helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 47
January 18th, 2017 at 4:33:56 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Two walking trails you might like.
1) The wetlands preserve off Boulder Highway. It's a couple acres unlike any landscape in Vegas, with lots of birds and wildlife.
2) The old railroad path from the Lake Meade visitor center. It slopes down to the Lake and you pass throughout numerous railroad tunnels. It's not your typical walk. Double up with a visit to the park in Boulder that the Big Horn sheep frequent.

Thanks! I'll look up those hikes on the web.

--helpmespock
helpmespock
helpmespock
January 18th, 2017 at 4:40:04 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Mac King's afternoon show at Harrah's. It's a must see !

I did think about Mac King's show as a number of people have said it is very good, but we caught Matt Franco last year and David Copperfield in 2014. We'll probably save that show for a future trip. We've caught Penn & Teller's "Fool Us" on Netflix and saw Mac King's appearance and thought he was very good.

--helpmespock
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 21
January 18th, 2017 at 8:21:18 PM permalink
Mac King is unlike either of those shows. More comedy than magic, but the magic is amazing.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 262
January 18th, 2017 at 10:54:16 PM permalink
Hmmm, something exotic; you like ziplines, and ask for suggestions.

I've always wanted to do the Bootleg Canyon Zipline: looks like a lot of fun.

see: video
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 21
January 18th, 2017 at 11:54:47 PM permalink
It is. I took my friends there but was unable to do it myself as I'm not close to their weight limits.
Best bang for your money, as far as they were concerned.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 176
January 19th, 2017 at 2:41:05 PM permalink

Mac King is unlike either of those shows. More comedy than magic, but the magic is amazing.

I would describe it by saying he is hilarious and his slight of hand is hilarious and his audience interaction is hilarious. He doesn't take himself and his Vegas tenure too seriously. Inexpensive afternoon show, watch for / ask for discount coupons at Harrah's. There used to be something in the ACG, but I don't know about this year's edition.
The slyest rhymes, the sharpest suits; In miracles made real; Like a bird in flight on a hot sweet night; You know you're right just to hold her tight; He soothes it right, makes it out of sight; And every thing's good in the world tonight. Ladies and Gentlemen, he knows the ABC's of gaming inside and out and upside down, so please put your hands together for the Wizard of Vegas !
helpmespock
helpmespock
January 20th, 2017 at 5:41:27 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

I've always wanted to do the Bootleg Canyon Zipline: looks like a lot of fun.

That does look like a lot of fun. I'd go for sure but my wife might be intimidated by the 60-70mph top speed.

--helpmespock
helpmespock
helpmespock
January 20th, 2017 at 5:44:59 AM permalink

It is. I took my friends there but was unable to do it myself as I'm not close to their weight limits.
Best bang for your money, as far as they were concerned.

I know the setups are completely different, but I wonder how they would compare Bootleg Canyon zipline to the ones at the Rio and Freemont Street from an experience point of view.

I guess if I'm only going to do one and my wife isn't intimidated by Bootleg Canyon then which one should I do?

--helpmespock

• Jump to: