JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
January 7th, 2017 at 5:56:15 AM permalink
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-ski-2016-story.html
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
January 7th, 2017 at 7:21:05 AM permalink
I've skied there lots of times. All three of my kids learned to ski there. It isn't as good as the they skiing in Utah, but you can't beat the convenience if you live in Vegas. Tip -- Try to catch it on a weekday after it snows. Lines will be short and the snow nice and soft. Otherwise, on weekends the lines for the lifts cans be long and on many days the snow is hard and icy.

If any locals ski, let me know. Maybe we'll go sometime. I could use company for mid-week skiing.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 7th, 2017 at 9:24:10 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've skied there lots of times. All three of my kids learned to ski there. It isn't as good as the they skiing in Utah, but you can't beat the convenience if you live in Vegas. Tip -- Try to catch it on a weekday after it snows. Lines will be short and the snow nice and soft. Otherwise, on weekends the lines for the lifts cans be long and on many days the snow is hard and icy.

If any locals ski, let me know. Maybe we'll go sometime. I could use company for mid-week skiing.

They're saying 3-5 FEET of new snow in the Sierra Nevada range in the next 3 days. Sounds like you should try and plan for this mid-week.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 7th, 2017 at 9:59:42 AM permalink
For Attractions Near Las Vegas and General Attractions In Nevada, a good source is the 2013 articles written by Mary Caperton Morton, professional house sitter, hiker, science writer. Camping sites, state parks, geologically interesting sites, roadside sights, etc. She writes for Earth Magazine and The Blond Coyote. She recently joined the Big Sky Ski Patrol after meeting Mr. Right on the Vegas Strip but I don't recall if she has ever reviewed any Nevada ski resorts.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 7th, 2017 at 11:13:51 AM permalink
Time to add a "Ski Vegas" bumper sticker to the "Ski Hawaii" one.
"What, me worry?"
  • Jump to: