Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 21
April 1st, 2016 at 4:53:48 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Update: My attorney found some case law and says I have a good argument in court.

Go get 'em, Wiz!

Quote: boymimbo

Geez, Wizard, who is your lawyer, Jackie Chiles?

Lol! "Your honor, a 4.7% Concession Fee is lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!"
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 14
April 1st, 2016 at 6:13:06 AM permalink
This is the most public yet of my many humiliations
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 14
April 1st, 2016 at 6:23:59 AM permalink
Wizard, I, for one, wold love to hear the rationale your lawyer found, but obviously I understand if you can't comment on it, due to it being an ongoing legal matter
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 16
April 1st, 2016 at 12:15:29 PM permalink
What restaurants are doing when they charge the CRF in Nevada is violating NRS 598.0915 - Deceptive trade practices:

Quote: Nevada Statutes

NRS 598.0915  “Deceptive trade practice” defined.  A person engages in a “deceptive trade practice” if, in the course of his or her business or occupation, he or she:
13.  Makes false or misleading statements of fact concerning the price of goods or services for sale or lease, or the reasons for, existence of or amounts of price reductions.
15.  Knowingly makes any other false representation in a transaction.

NRS 598.0971 deals with the penalties and procedures in dealing with those who have deceptive trade practices.

I would think that the establishment would have to advertise the fact that they have these fees in fairly large print on their menus.

Planet Hollywood has an establishment that does the same thing. The Cabo Wabo shows it in small print on their menu. Whether the font is large enough to be counter to deceptive trade is unknown.

The 4.7% fee is also printed in small print on the menu for Beer Park in the section called "sides" (beerpark.com/menu).
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 965
April 6th, 2016 at 9:32:37 PM permalink
TeddyS and I had dinner and drinks at the Beer Park yesterday. Other than the dreaded 4.7% franchise fee, it was a nice place. Perfect view of strip and bellagio fountains. Young cute waitresses in tight fitting t-shirts (like at any Hooters).

To get to the point, when I asked/complained about the concession fee the manager took it off the bill with little argument.

I'd still like to fight this, but am not sure how.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 65
April 7th, 2016 at 7:14:16 AM permalink

TeddyS and I had dinner and drinks at the Beer Park yesterday. Other than the dreaded 4.7% franchise fee, it was a nice place. Perfect view of strip and bellagio fountains. Young cute waitresses in tight fitting t-shirts (like at any Hooters).

To get to the point, when I asked/complained about the concession fee the manager took it off the bill with little argument.

I'd still like to fight this, but am not sure how.

Nice, way to fight the man!

Unfortunately, hard to file suit if they took the charge off :p
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 965
April 9th, 2016 at 3:17:43 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Nice, way to fight the man!

Unfortunately, hard to file suit if they took the charge off :p

Thanks. There still may be ways. I'm supposed to meet with my attorney next week to talk about it.

Here are some pictures from the occasion. Click on any of them for a larger version.

Here is the menu, along with a ruler I took along. Note the paragraph in the bottom right.

Here is a close up of the lower right paragraph. The blurriness is not the fault of my camera or hands. It really is that blurry. You can ask TeddyS.

Here is the receipt before complaining.

And after.
Last edited by: Wizard on Apr 14, 2016
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 76
April 14th, 2016 at 9:15:16 PM permalink

Thanks. There still may be ways. I'm supposed to meet with my attorney next week to talk about it.

Here are some pictures from the occasion. Click on any of them for a larger version.

Here is the menu, along with a ruler I took along. Note the paragraph in the bottom right.

Here is a close up of the lower right paragraph. The blurriness is not the fault of my camera or hands. It really is that blurry. You can ask TeddyS.

Here is the receipt before complaining.

And after.

FWIW, the image of the "before" receipt, when clicked on, links to the menu and ruler, not to a receipt picture.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."

• Jump to: