PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 15
March 15th, 2016 at 4:29:22 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Glad you like it.

If interested, I created a Google Map that shows all these tour stops.

I'd like those that are planning on participating to respond to this point. Is 3:00 good? If so, how many people are you? Bottom line, if there are enough people, I'm gonna contact them about a group rate.

I am in for 3:00. I am one person although I eat for two :)
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
BlueEagle
BlueEagle
  • Threads: 5
March 15th, 2016 at 7:37:55 PM permalink
Sounds like fun! I've been wanting to visit more places and this sounds like a perfect opportunity. The only place on the list that I've been to is Gambler's General Store. I've been wanting to go back for a craps stick, but wouldn't want to carry it around the rest of the day.

The Burlesque HoF opens at noon, but I anticipate it being at least 12:30 by the time we leave Gold & Silver Pawn Store. It'll probably be after 2 PM before we get over to Downtown Container Park, and there are several eateries to choose from. With a quick bite to eat, timing should be good for a 3:30 PM tour at the Neon Museum. (3 PM is not a listed option.)

I noticed that the Mob Museum also wants you to select a date & time when purchasing tickets, but doesn't give much info on the combo tickets. The Neon Museum lets you purchase a combo ticket for your selected Neon Museum tour time and says the Mob Museum ticket must be used within 7 days prior or after. If selecting a Mob Museum tour time isn't included in the purchase, I'm concerned you might encounter an issue with tours being full.

The Mob Museum website says groups of 10 or more qualify for group pricing at $16. I did not see anything that indicated you could purchase group rate combo tickets, nor did I see anything about group pricing on the Neon Museum website. The combo ticket provides an $8 discount. Also, the Nevada resident adult ticket prices are $14 at the Mob Museum and $12 at the Neon Museum. (Therefore, exclude me from the possible group rate purchase.)

The slot race sounds fun. I liked to play Quick Hits and have seen $20 disappear pretty quickly. Even though they are typically "1¢ machines", that is 1¢ per line. I think the minimum bet is 30¢
Konbu
Konbu
  • Threads: 2
March 16th, 2016 at 6:00:34 PM permalink
I would like to join in on Sunday but I cannot commit at this time. I want to keep Sunday early afternoon free for now. As we get closer (about a week out) then I can make a decision. If by then it is too late to get a spot on the tours then I will just drop in to whatever it is you guys are doing (meals, gambling).
I CD-ROM.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 162
April 5th, 2016 at 8:35:40 AM permalink
I got a feeling there's only 3 of us. And that's fine by me. Fact is, I'm gonna take this walk, even if I gotta do it alone.

From the sound of it, I think the 3:30 slot at Neon Museum works best. Unless I hear comments to the contrary, I'm gonna buy my Neon/Mob Museums combo ticket tomorrow.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
April 5th, 2016 at 8:52:32 AM permalink
Are you buying the combo ticket online?
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
April 5th, 2016 at 10:15:01 AM permalink
That's the plan. Why?
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
April 5th, 2016 at 12:20:32 PM permalink
Just was wondering if that was a possibility. Do I need to buy my tickets for a certain time?
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
April 5th, 2016 at 1:23:27 PM permalink
Yes, for the Neon Museum, because it's a guided tour with limited space. I gotta read the fine print tonight, but I think the Mob part of the combo is open for the next 7 days after pick up.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
April 5th, 2016 at 2:47:03 PM permalink
Ok so what time would you like me to buy my ticket for the neon museum
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
April 5th, 2016 at 6:16:55 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Ok so what time would you like me to buy my ticket for the neon museum

2:00 or 3:30, doesn't matter to me. But in the second post on this page, BlueEagle said he thinks 3:30 is better. So unless there's a contrary comment, I'm getting the 3:30 ticket.

• Jump to: