DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 161
March 15th, 2016 at 8:00:22 AM permalink
As mentioned in the other thread, I'm arriving around noon on Saturday, and will participate in whatever is planned for Saturday.

Since there hasn't been much said about it, I'm taking the lead for Sunday, and am suggesting the following downtown walking tour agenda. In other words, I plan on doing all this, and invite others to join, unless someone can come up with a better plan.

The start time will be decided and announced on Saturday, but I'm shooting for 9:00.

I realize that some of you (myself included) might have a hard time starting early, particularly after the festivities the prior night. As such, items 1-5 might be scratched or moved to Monday.

1 - Golden Gate craps. More of a place to gather as we groggily stumble out of our hotel room.

2 - DuPars for breakfast. (Mmmmm, Pancakes!)

3 - Gamblers General Store.

4 - Gold & Silver Pawn (Pawn Stars). I've been there, done that, no real interest. But GGS to ElC can take this route, or up Main St to Fremont. Same distance. Plus, there may be something of interest on LV Blvd that I'm missing.

5 - Burlesque Hall Of Fame. I've never been there, nor did I even know it existed. I just noticed it on Google Maps, next to El Cortez. burlesquehall.com - $5 admission.

6 - El Cortez for BlackJack. See if any of us can get backed off, or at least flat betted.

7 - Container Park for lunch. Note that I've never been there but keep hearing good things about it on Five Hundy.

8 - Neon Museum. Because of limited space, this MUST be booked ahead of time, for a specific time slot. It lasts an hour, and they have slots every half hour. I'm thinking 3:00. neonmuseum.org - $18 OR $30 for a combo Mob Museum ticket.

9 - Downtown Grand. Slot Race. See description below. Perhaps additional group gambling.

10 - Mob Museum. themobmuseum.org - $20 or $30 for the Neon Museum combo. Buying tickets online is recommended.

Is it a lot of walking? Depends on what you think is a lot. Using the Google Maps measurement tool, I've come up with 3 miles of walking point to point, not including the walking within each stop. The longest single walking segment of the waling is .7 mile. As a point of reference, the Plaza to El Cortez is .45 mile. Wynn to Mandalay Bay is 2.5 miles.

If anyone wants to join us midway, we can exchange phone numbers on Saturday so you can get our location status update. Or I may post status updates in this thread.

Slot Race:

I'm not a big slot player. I suspect most WoV members are the same way. At any rate, make a stupid competition out of it, and it can be a lot of fun.

The winner is the first player to get to zero.

While there is an incentive to lose, the weasel and hand-pay clauses also provide incentives to win.

We all play at a bank of similar priced machines (I.E., the same number of lines, number of max credits per line and price per credit). No video poker. This is strictly a luck thing. And a stupid luck thing at that.

No need for all players to be on the same machine title. Just the same denomination and min/max per spin, and in relative close proximity.

For a specific buy-in ($20?) we play for a specified time (15 minutes?).

Players can play using any strategy they want. I.E. Play max credits or single credit per spin, or anything in-between, and at any speed they wish.

The game ends when any player gets to zero, or any player triggers a hand-pay. Otherwise, it ends at the specified time limit.

If no player gets to zero by the end of the time limit, or there is a hand-pay, the game ends there, and all players keep whatever cash they have left in the machine (and can continue playing on their own, if they wish).

If the game ends with a player getting to zero, all other players complete the spin they are on, and complete any bonus round they may be involved in, then hit the cash out button.

If a player gets to zero, all other players give that player their tito ticket.

Weasel clause: If a player had a winning session (but had not gotten a hand pay), they may opt-out by paying an amount equal to double the buy-in plus 10% of what's on their tito ticket.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 115
March 15th, 2016 at 8:22:49 AM permalink
When is this again?
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
March 15th, 2016 at 8:29:16 AM permalink
Sorry about that.

These Sunday events are 4/17.

The main event is 4/16 with some pre-event stuff on 4/15. Details: http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/las-vegas-attractions/other/25036-wov-2016-spring-fling-where-and-what/
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Romes
Romes 
  • Threads: 23
March 15th, 2016 at 8:37:19 AM permalink
What if you get down to something like 7 cents and you don't technically have 0, but you don't technically have enough to bet?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 115
March 15th, 2016 at 8:38:14 AM permalink
Damn coming out for ufc wish there wasn't such a gap in between.
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
MarkJacobs
MarkJacobs
  • Threads: 0
March 15th, 2016 at 8:47:03 AM permalink
Wow, thanks for sharing
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
March 15th, 2016 at 9:38:50 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

What if you get down to something like 7 cents and you don't technically have 0, but you don't technically have enough to bet?

I'd say that qualifies. But I thought machines will allow you to bet a single line, one credit, so this shouldn't be a issue. Am I wrong?
Romes
Romes 
  • Threads: 23
March 15th, 2016 at 9:49:21 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

I'd say that qualifies. But I thought machines will allow you to bet a single line, one credit, so this shouldn't be a issue. Am I wrong?

I'm not a big slot guy, I think some machines indeed go down to single line 1 credit, but I've definitely seen others where you can't bet anymore once you're down so low.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 12
March 15th, 2016 at 1:58:51 PM permalink

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm arriving around noon on Saturday, and will participate in whatever is planned for Saturday.

Since there hasn't been much said about it, I'm taking the lead for Sunday, and am suggesting the following downtown walking tour agenda. In other words, I plan on doing all this, and invite others to join, unless someone can come up with a better plan.

The start time will be decided and announced on Saturday, but I'm shooting for 9:00.

I realize that some of you (myself included) might have a hard time starting early, particularly after the festivities the prior night. As such, items 1-5 might be scratched or moved to Monday.

1 - Golden Gate craps. More of a place to gather as we groggily stumble out of our hotel room.

2 - DuPars for breakfast. (Mmmmm, Pancakes!)

3 - Gamblers General Store.

4 - Gold & Silver Pawn (Pawn Stars). I've been there, done that, no real interest. But GGS to ElC can take this route, or up Main St to Fremont. Same distance. Plus, there may be something of interest on LV Blvd that I'm missing.

5 - Burlesque Hall Of Fame. I've never been there, nor did I even know it existed. I just noticed it on Google Maps, next to El Cortez. burlesquehall.com - $5 admission.

6 - El Cortez for BlackJack. See if any of us can get backed off, or at least flat betted.

7 - Container Park for lunch. Note that I've never been there but keep hearing good things about it on Five Hundy.

8 - Neon Museum. Because of limited space, this MUST be booked ahead of time, for a specific time slot. It lasts an hour, and they have slots every half hour. I'm thinking 3:00. neonmuseum.org - $18 OR $30 for a combo Mob Museum ticket.

9 - Downtown Grand. Slot Race. See description below. Perhaps additional group gambling.

10 - Mob Museum. themobmuseum.org - $20 or $30 for the Neon Museum combo. Buying tickets online is recommended.

Is it a lot of walking? Depends on what you think is a lot. Using the Google Maps measurement tool, I've come up with 3 miles of walking point to point, not including the walking within each stop. The longest single walking segment of the waling is .7 mile. As a point of reference, the Plaza to El Cortez is .45 mile. Wynn to Mandalay Bay is 2.5 miles.

If anyone wants to join us midway, we can exchange phone numbers on Saturday so you can get our location status update. Or I may post status updates in this thread.

Slot Race:

I'm not a big slot player. I suspect most WoV members are the same way. At any rate, make a stupid competition out of it, and it can be a lot of fun.

The winner is the first player to get to zero.

While there is an incentive to lose, the weasel and hand-pay clauses also provide incentives to win.

We all play at a bank of similar priced machines (I.E., the same number of lines, number of max credits per line and price per credit). No video poker. This is strictly a luck thing. And a stupid luck thing at that.

No need for all players to be on the same machine title. Just the same denomination and min/max per spin, and in relative close proximity.

For a specific buy-in ($20?) we play for a specified time (15 minutes?).

Players can play using any strategy they want. I.E. Play max credits or single credit per spin, or anything in-between, and at any speed they wish.

The game ends when any player gets to zero, or any player triggers a hand-pay. Otherwise, it ends at the specified time limit.

If no player gets to zero by the end of the time limit, or there is a hand-pay, the game ends there, and all players keep whatever cash they have left in the machine (and can continue playing on their own, if they wish).

If the game ends with a player getting to zero, all other players complete the spin they are on, and complete any bonus round they may be involved in, then hit the cash out button.

If a player gets to zero, all other players give that player their tito ticket.

Weasel clause: If a player had a winning session (but had not gotten a hand pay), they may opt-out by paying an amount equal to double the buy-in plus 10% of what's on their tito ticket.

Excellent plan DJTB, I love the whole itinerary! Count me in even if it starts at 9 am :)
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
March 15th, 2016 at 3:18:36 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Excellent plan DJTB, I love the whole itinerary! Count me in even if it starts at 9 am :)

Glad you like it.

If interested, I created a Google Map that shows all these tour stops.

I'd like those that are planning on participating to respond to this point. Is 3:00 good? If so, how many people are you? Bottom line, if there are enough people, I'm gonna contact them about a group rate.

• Jump to: