1 vote (4.34%)
16 votes (69.56%)

23 members have voted

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 65
May 24th, 2017 at 4:44:04 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Don't most funeral homes post a listing showing times for services for each client, etc.?

Most funeral homes these days are online.
An old friend of mine passed away last year
The funeral home had a remembrance page where people could post stories.
You could also light an online candle
Great for those out of town but still want to participate in some kind of remembrance
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 957
May 24th, 2017 at 6:27:26 PM permalink
I have heard second hand that Dan's family is planning a Buddhist/Catholic service within 10 days. I would still like to go on with this second service but am open to discussion about it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
May 24th, 2017 at 6:35:20 PM permalink
Can we go to both services?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 24th, 2017 at 7:16:33 PM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

Can we go to both services?

I think the other one will be open to Dan's friends so I assume so.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 161
May 24th, 2017 at 8:20:56 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I have heard second hand that Dan's family is planning a Buddhist/Catholic service within 10 days. I would still like to go on with this second service but am open to discussion about it.

I think the only reason to cancel your plans is if the family requests it.

The only reason to change your plans is if it conflicts with their plans. However, "within 10 days" makes it seem unlikely there's a conflict with your event, 4 days from now, 6 days after his death.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
May 25th, 2017 at 4:43:47 AM permalink
Hopefully Dan's family is able to reach out to Wiz or someone else here and let us know those family service plans...I will likely drive in to town to attend one of the two gatherings and with no details on the other service, a round trip from So Cal on Sunday to attend is my current plan.
Attempting to add value one post at a time
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 25th, 2017 at 6:00:06 AM permalink
I'm going to stick with the current plan to do separate services. I have a good connection to someone in contact with the family and will relay what I know when I know it.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 161
May 28th, 2017 at 5:42:59 AM permalink
Thread bump.

I'm in Newark, waiting to take off so I can do some final adjustments to my service.

If you're in Vegas, it's not too late to contact Mike to get his info so you can join us.

See you later.

DJ Teddy Bear / Reverend Dave Miller
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
May 29th, 2017 at 9:51:29 AM permalink
Thank you again to Wiz for hosting and for DJ doing an excellent job with opening remarks and closing of the service yesterday...it was clear from the words spoken by DJ and others that shared during the service that Dan was a special man, passionate about the table games world, kind and generous with both his time and wisdom and full of joy for life & people. He will be missed by the many lives that were enriched because he cared enough to be involved and make a difference. Rest In Peace Dan.
Attempting to add value one post at a time
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
May 29th, 2017 at 11:35:25 AM permalink
On the obit, check again over the next month or two. Sometimes the family doesn't run them right away. Had a neighbor who had his posted almost 3 months out from when he died.

EDIT

And it might be posted in his hometown if it is not Vegas,
If artificial intelligence can tell semi-humorous stories, answer in-depth questions, and write on a chalkboard, why is college still so expensive?

• Jump to: