Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 3348
September 27th, 2016 at 2:26:46 PM permalink
Can't wait t get the real details of this move
http://macaunews.com.mo/four-macau-residents-cheat-vip-room-hk24-million-tampered-cards/
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 1891
September 27th, 2016 at 2:41:30 PM permalink
The balls...

You win 3 million in a half an hour with tampered decks betting 125k per hand (24m hkd/1m hkd per hand). At big table baccarat, you can't have more than a hand a minute, right? So these guys basically prepared the ultimate win streak. Greed is always the downfall.

Edit: I made the probably faulty assumption that they were flat betting.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1768
September 27th, 2016 at 3:27:37 PM permalink
Just proves the point that two Wongs don't make a right!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 4603
September 27th, 2016 at 3:29:37 PM permalink
Quote:

Ho said that initial investigations showed the other people there engaged in parallel betting, which is illegal.

Ho said that the four suspects were unco-operative during questioning and that the police were still trying to recover the money the suspects cheated the VIP room of out, and to find out how the cards were tampered with.

Ho did not explain how the cards had been tampered with.(Macau News / The Macau Post Daily)

Not really sure what parallel betting is, but assuming it means all betting the same. A law that says you can't make a choice, because someone else already made it seems unfair anyways. Not fair either if something is recognizable to a person and blaming them for seeing it. Is it cheating a grocery store by buying ripe fruit and not buying bruised?

Quote:

Ho did not say whether the two Wongs are related

Will anyone take the bait?
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 4603
September 27th, 2016 at 3:30:28 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Just proves the point that two Wongs don't make a right!

Ding ding, winner winner, chicken dinner.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 205
  • Posts: 5296
September 27th, 2016 at 4:20:36 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

The balls...

You win 3 million in a half an hour with tampered decks betting 125k per hand (24m hkd/1m hkd per hand). At big table baccarat, you can't have more than a hand a minute, right? So these guys basically prepared the ultimate win streak. Greed is always the downfall.

Edit: I made the probably faulty assumption that they were flat betting.



Is it that unusual a swing to be 24 base bets up after 30 mins.?

Slipping in a "slug" of cards with a known sequence is a known cheat. Perhaps they were caught by surveillance.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed. - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 1891
September 27th, 2016 at 5:10:47 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Is it that unusual a swing to be 24 base bets up after 30 mins.?

Slipping in a "slug" of cards with a known sequence is a known cheat. Perhaps they were caught by surveillance.



I guess it is possible, we don't have all the details so it's pointless to get deep into calculations. I was under the impression they would have had, at a maximum, 30 hands in a half an hour. Making this 27/30 hands at best, 24/24 at worst. Can you play big table baccarat faster than this? I have no real experience.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
andysif
andysif
Joined: Aug 8, 2011
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 423
September 27th, 2016 at 7:20:54 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Quote:

Ho said that initial investigations showed the other people there engaged in parallel betting, which is illegal.

Ho said that the four suspects were unco-operative during questioning and that the police were still trying to recover the money the suspects cheated the VIP room of out, and to find out how the cards were tampered with.

Ho did not explain how the cards had been tampered with.(Macau News / The Macau Post Daily)

Not really sure what parallel betting is, but assuming it means all betting the same. A law that says you can't make a choice, because someone else already made it seems unfair anyways. Not fair either if something is recognizable to a person and blaming them for seeing it. Is it cheating a grocery store by buying ripe fruit and not buying bruised?

Quote:

Ho did not say whether the two Wongs are related

Will anyone take the bait?


Parallel betting is betting under the table with outside parties.

In the article:
"Ho pointed out there were other people in the private room where they were taking notes on the game.
Ho said that initial investigations showed the other people there engaged in parallel betting, which is illegal."

Because the casino had to pay tax to the government, and the fact that you can bet on credit under the table, there is an active market for under the table betting. You would bet 1 mil on the table, and under the table you maybe talking about up to 5 mil (??). "People in the private room where they were taking notes" is a typical sign, relating the result to the big boss.
andysif
andysif
Joined: Aug 8, 2011
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 423
September 27th, 2016 at 7:23:15 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

I guess it is possible, we don't have all the details so it's pointless to get deep into calculations. I was under the impression they would have had, at a maximum, 30 hands in a half an hour. Making this 27/30 hands at best, 24/24 at worst. Can you play big table baccarat faster than this? I have no real experience.



If they are betting more than 1 unit then of course anything is possible. But if they are flat betting 1 unit per hand then winning 24 in 30 minutes is basically winning EVERY HAND, plus you have to have a fast game.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 4603
September 27th, 2016 at 7:28:27 PM permalink
Quote: andysif

Quote: onenickelmiracle

Quote:

Ho said that initial investigations showed the other people there engaged in parallel betting, which is illegal.

Ho said that the four suspects were unco-operative during questioning and that the police were still trying to recover the money the suspects cheated the VIP room of out, and to find out how the cards were tampered with.

Ho did not explain how the cards had been tampered with.(Macau News / The Macau Post Daily)

Not really sure what parallel betting is, but assuming it means all betting the same. A law that says you can't make a choice, because someone else already made it seems unfair anyways. Not fair either if something is recognizable to a person and blaming them for seeing it. Is it cheating a grocery store by buying ripe fruit and not buying bruised?

Quote:

Ho did not say whether the two Wongs are related

Will anyone take the bait?


Parallel betting is betting under the table with outside parties.

In the article:
"Ho pointed out there were other people in the private room where they were taking notes on the game.
Ho said that initial investigations showed the other people there engaged in parallel betting, which is illegal."

Because the casino had to pay tax to the government, and the fact that you can bet on credit under the table, there is an active market for under the table betting. You would bet 1 mil on the table, and under the table you maybe talking about up to 5 mil (??). "People in the private room where they were taking notes" is a typical sign, relating the result to the big boss.

Interesting. I would have never figured that out.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!

  • Jump to: