Hexaplus
Hexaplus
  • Threads: 2
May 24th, 2013 at 6:51:46 PM permalink
I'm planning my youngest brothers 21st bday and paying for 6 rooms and all food for 8 people for 4 days and 3 nights. Can I put all this on one mlife account, assuming I charge it all the food to the rooms?
7 11 4 4 11 7 out
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
May 24th, 2013 at 8:12:30 PM permalink
Quote: Hexaplus

I'm planning my youngest brothers 21st bday and paying for 6 rooms and all food for 8 people for 4 days and 3 nights. Can I put all this on one mlife account, assuming I charge it all the food to the rooms?

Wouldn't it be better to ask MGM? I don't want to come across as a smartass but you're going to be spending a lot of money there. You should give them a call and ask them what they are going to do for you.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Hexaplus
Hexaplus
May 24th, 2013 at 10:08:59 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Wouldn't it be better to ask MGM? I don't want to come across as a smartass but you're going to be spending a lot of money there. You should give them a call and ask them what they are going to do for you.

Fair.
7 11 4 4 11 7 out
Hexaplus
Hexaplus
February 15th, 2014 at 7:55:53 PM permalink

So the first person I talked to said I couldn't but she seemed eager to be unhelpful, so I called back a day later and the next guy said it was taken care of, both Aria reps. A quick follow up question however I think deposits came to somewhere south of 1k and I booked 10 seats to Love (again about 1k) both using promos. I'd like to know that the tier credits actually came through how long will it take for them to show up on mlife?

And if the answer on the rooms is when I check-in; can I get a gold/platinum card right away or do I have to wait 7-10 business weeks?

I mean in my mind I'll have gold before I walk in the door, and platinum is a nice dinner away. So I'd like to actually enjoy the benefits (yes I'm spending 8 grand to get a buffet and taxi line pass) for probably the biggest vegas trip I'll make.
7 11 4 4 11 7 out
Hexaplus
Hexaplus
June 10th, 2014 at 1:34:37 PM permalink
So I finished my trip a couple weeks ago. Indeed about 80,000 teir credits in rooms were credited to my mlife account according to the website the night we checked in. Went to the mlife desk the next day with 1k charged to the rooms and about $1600 coin-in the only thing that showed up at the mlife desk was the slot play. Lady said "the system might be down". checked back next that again the only thing that showed up was slot play. Any way when I left ends up with about 120,000 tier credits. Would have been nice to use but oh well.

As a side note the mlife points for shows etc were credited as soon as the show was over not when I booked, payed or picked up my ticket.
So to answer my own question it does take several days AFTER YOU check-in to get the credits.
7 11 4 4 11 7 out
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
June 10th, 2014 at 1:42:49 PM permalink

So I finished my trip a couple weeks ago. Indeed about 80,000 teir credits in rooms were credited to my mlife account according to the website the night we checked in. Went to the mlife desk the next day with 1k charged to the rooms and about $1600 coin-in the only thing that showed up at the mlife desk was the slot play. Lady said "the system might be down". checked back next that again the only thing that showed up was slot play. Any way when I left ends up with about 120,000 tier credits. Would have been nice to use but oh well.

As a side note the mlife points for shows etc were credited as soon as the show was over not when I booked, payed or picked up my ticket.
So to answer my own question it does take several days AFTER YOU check-in to get the credits.

Note that the tier credits can't really be "used" for anything. At some properties they can take a very long time to update. It has taken weeks for me before (more so at some properties than others)

However, I find that the express comps and slot points usually update right away so you can use those with no problems. So, this should not affect you at all.

Note that you get 25 tier credits per dollar spent (and not comped) so that might be why you got a huge jump in tier credits as soon as you left. But, the point is, tier credits are essentially worthless (particularly once you have platinum status)
mds
mds
  • Threads: 50
June 10th, 2014 at 4:58:40 PM permalink
I have 1.5m. Means nothing...
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
June 10th, 2014 at 5:18:33 PM permalink
Quote: mds

I have 1.5m. Means nothing...

Yes, exactly.

At 200k you get platinum, which has some nice benefits. After that, it's irrelevant. Your offers and comps are based on your gambling, not on your tier credits.

It used to me that at 1M you got noir, but now noir is invite-only, and is presumably based on ADT (or some similar measure), not total tier credits. I have heard that a minimum of 2M tier credits is required to even be considered for noir, though.
flyingnite
flyingnite
  • Threads: 1
June 10th, 2014 at 6:00:51 PM permalink
My tier credits showed up immediately upon checking in using the mlife website.

Skipping the buffet line is kinda nice, but I don`t think it is worth spending 1k$ since any food comp lets you skip the line as well.
the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
June 10th, 2014 at 6:15:04 PM permalink
Quote: flyingnite

My tier credits showed up immediately upon checking in using the mlife website.

Skipping the buffet line is kinda nice, but I don`t think it is worth spending 1k$ since any food comp lets you skip the line as well.

How do food comps let you skip the line? My comps are either always resort credit (up-front) or just looked at by my host before I leave. In other words, I just charge everything to the room.

Platinum lets you skip the taxi line, which can be a really big deal sometimes (I have skipped lines that looked to be 1/2 hour long or more, after major events). It also gets you into certain venues for free, where you would otherwise have to pay a (sometimes hefty) cover.
flyingnite
flyingnite
  • Threads: 1
July 24th, 2014 at 5:45:53 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

How do food comps let you skip the line? My comps are either always resort credit (up-front) or just looked at by my host before I leave. In other words, I just charge everything to the room.

I don't know the exact terminology, but the food vouchers signed by the floor managers or hosts can be used to skip lines. ie. if you have $200 in food comps, go get a host to give you a bunch of smaller vouchers so you can bypass the line at multiple venues. Even a few dollars is enough.

---

Buying a platinum card off ebay for < $10 also lets you skip taxi lines :).
the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
  • Jump to: