Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 31st, 2015 at 3:44:09 PM permalink
At what point do stocks get delisted? When thay happens, what happens? Investors lose all theor money and the company gets to keep it?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
December 31st, 2015 at 5:09:01 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

At what point do stocks get delisted? When thay happens, what happens? Investors lose all theor money and the company gets to keep it?

You can't be "delisted" for trading on an exchange when you were never listed. That is what "over the counter" means, and what these are.

If "the company" was to "keep" something, that means those with equity ownership of it are "keeping" whatever "it" is in question, as in those who are holders of shares of it, commonly referred to as shareholders. That is what the word means. If the company was to go out of business or into bankruptcy, which is something entirely different, ahead of "the company" in line to get paid are the debt/bond obligations, and "the company" in the form of the equity owners (shareholders) would generally be last in line for whatever is left, if anything. But that is not about being "listed" or "delisted" or never listed & trading outside of major stock exchanges on what is commonly known as the 'pink sheets' as these do.

Methinks you're confusing a lot of different unrelated things, like exchange listing & financial solvency & bankruptcy, equity owners & investors & debt or bondholders, and much else.

Please don't try to manage your own money. That's good for many, but not all. I'd guess most on this particular forum site really shouldn't. Especially among those who tend to pontificate most loudly and often on their trailer-park progresso-populist economics. Please don't end up like most of them. Please don't. Get help from a thoroughly well vetted licensed bonded and insured fee-for-service financial pro to do it for you or with you. Please.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Dec 31, 2015
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 31st, 2015 at 5:47:08 PM permalink
Mine dropped ninety-five percent since purchase.

But that's OK, as NTGL has taken off recently: it's on fire.
"What, me worry?"
GWAE
GWAE
December 31st, 2015 at 5:49:16 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

You can't be "delisted" for trading on an exchange when you were never listed. That is what "over the counter" means, and what these are.

If "the company" was to "keep" something, that means those with equity ownership of it are "keeping" whatever "it" is in question, as in those who are holders of shares of it, commonly referred to as shareholders. That is what the word means. If the company was to go out of business or into bankruptcy, which is something entirely different, ahead of "the company" in line to get paid are the debt/bond obligations, and "the company" in the form of the equity owners (shareholders) would generally be last in line for whatever is left, if anything. But that is not about being "listed" or "delisted" or never listed & trading outside of major stock exchanges on what is commonly known as the 'pink sheets' as these do.

Methinks you're confusing a lot of different unrelated things, like exchange listing & financial solvency & bankruptcy, equity owners & investors & debt or bondholders, and much else.

Please don't try to manage your own money. That's good for many, but not all. I'd guess most on this particular forum site really shouldn't. Especially among those who tend to pontificate most loudly and often on their trailer-park progresso-populist economics. Please don't end up like most of them. Please don't. Get help from a thoroughly well vetted licensed bonded and insured fee-for-service financial pro to do it for you or with you. Please.

DD I have no no idea what you are talking about. I don't think I was insulted but I wouldn't even know if I was. At any rate, I am a poor mofo with no financial future so you don't have to worry about me investing poorly.

I always thought when you were publicly traded then you were listed on the stock exchange. I guess that is not the case, at any rate I have no stock and no money to buy stock so that alone will keep me from making any bad decisions.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
December 31st, 2015 at 6:35:43 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

...At any rate, I am a poor mofo with no financial future...

Sure you have one, if you choose. It isn't necessary to have a high income at all (at least by American standards) in order to eventually do very well financially, given enough time and a bit of discipline consistently applied for long enough.

I'm glad you weren't insulted, or are at least unsure about getting that way, since it wasn't my intent. I was remembering that you're a family, with kids and all, and I've been told the little nippers do go on for a while and tend to be expensive & like to eat almost every day. I only intended to insult some unspecified others who regularly like to sprinkle some of their childish hair-brained little nuggets of totalitarian ideological crap around like rat turds. If you've ever been like that, I'm blissfully unaware of it.

No, you don't have to be accepted for listing in order to peddle stock. It might generally be considered a very good idea for a variety of reasons, but you don't have to. By far the majority of joint-stock company entities that theoretically exist are not listed, though they make up only a tiny proportion of the money, as many of them that trade 'over-the-counter' are essentially financial zombies, or empty shells without a real business, occasionally batted around up and down purely for trading/fleecing of lazy impulsive folks. But not all unlisted securities are like that. Some will eventually meet one of the exchanges listing requirements and choose to be traded there, and some of those will be companies that were previously listed and have recovered sufficient value or other requirements needed to return to listed status.

Quote: Investopedia

...<SNIP>...

...Listing requirements vary by exchange and include minimum stockholder's equity, a minimum share price and a minimum number of shareholders. Exchanges have listing requirements to ensure that only high quality securities are traded on them and to uphold the exchange's reputation among investors...

...<SNIP>...

...If a stock fails to comply with the exchange's listing requirements, it will be delisted. Delisted securities that can no longer be traded on an exchange will sometimes be traded over the counter. The over-the-counter market does not have listing requirements.

Read more: Listed Security Definition | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/listedsecurity.asp#ixzz3vxKFtiWg
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

EDIT to add: Sounds like you are probably a better bet to come out okay than some who "know" they are endowed with such magically brilliant minds that they understand everything in the financial universe worth knowing, with not much more background than surfing through what amounts to a few propaganda comic books. Seriously. In finance and investing, as with a lot of things, knowing what you don't know is often a very valuable asset. Some aren't capable of it. And they always tend to bellow the loudest.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Dec 31, 2015
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 31st, 2015 at 6:36:32 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Mine dropped ninety-five percent since purchase.
But that's OK, as NTGL has taken off recently: it's on fire.

What happened, did they finally apply for a
gaming license?

Yeah, no, I just checked. Don't you think that's odd?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
December 31st, 2015 at 6:58:01 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Don't you think that's odd?

Hmm. If I'm using the right time period for what is considered recently 'taking off' in this case, it appears that the amount of money involved in the rise (avg share price x volume of shares transacted) amounts to about five-thousand dollars. Total. I haven't invested much time looking at it, and don't plan to, but in a quick glance that's what I get. Unless I'm looking at the wrong time frame. I'm looking at about ten trading days, and total transactions amounting to somewhat less than a decent used car. Not that there's anything wrong with that. A decent used car, that is.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 31st, 2015 at 11:24:39 PM permalink

I agree with DD here, there are some real bottom feeding financial investment hucksters out there.

Even some of the thoroughly well vetted licensed bonded and insured fee-for service financial pros.

Most people remember Bernie Madoff, running a multi-billion dollar pyramid scheme right in front of everybody.

Or the licensed and bonded John Corzine, head of MF Global investors, stole money right out of customers accounts, against SEC rules. He is walking around free after "vaporizing" millions of client money. Corzine was even a US senator from New Jersey.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/04/03/mf-global-customers-to-be-paid-back-in-full/

Your investment pro should put all fee's in writing up front before you give them any money. They should also show you the last at least, two years investment performance and prove how after all fee's, their services are better than a CD at your local credit union.

Some of these cretins just use client accounts to trade with, making excessive trades, milking fees for every trade.
Last edited by: petroglyph on Dec 31, 2015
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 31st, 2015 at 11:46:52 PM permalink

....I only intended to insult some unspecified others who regularly like to sprinkle some of their childish hair-brained little nuggets of totalitarian ideological crap around like rat turds.

Or, you could just block them.

Quote:

EDIT to add: Sounds like you are probably a better bet to come out okay than some who "know" they are endowed with such magically brilliant minds that they understand everything in the financial universe worth knowing, with not much more background than surfing through what amounts to a few propaganda comic books. Seriously. In finance and investing, as with a lot of things, knowing what you don't know is often a very valuable asset. ...

I wouldn't consider them a "comic book", but I enjoyed reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Motley_Fool. There is a lot to be learned there free or on the cheap, without buying anything. There are certainly some complaints and compliments. DYODD

edit: I think he is doing fantastic already buying a home, getting the mortgage deduction and building "sweat equity", I would hate to see him helping finance a fee for service adviser at this time.
If someone is just dying to test their knowledge of the market, they could do a practice account while waiting to be able to afford an adviser . But this is a gambling website, probably not the best place for investment advice.
Last edited by: petroglyph on Jan 1, 2016
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
January 1st, 2016 at 9:48:16 AM permalink
Petro, you are extremely confused. But thoroughly confident, so I'm sure you'll continue to preach your religion.
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 1st, 2016 at 10:50:03 AM permalink

Petro, you are extremely confused. But thoroughly confident, so I'm sure you'll continue to preach your religion.

Feel free to block as mentioned, or disprove the message.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt" And then there is you:

Quote:

... I only intended to insult some unspecified others who regularly like to sprinkle some of their childish hair-brained little nuggets of totalitarian ideological crap around like rat turds....

Quote:

EDIT to add: Sounds like you are probably a better bet to come out okay than some who "know" they are endowed with such magically brilliant minds that they understand everything in the financial universe worth knowing, with not much more background than surfing through what amounts to a few propaganda comic books...

In your typical fashion you arrive to deride, demean and condescend.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-29/hedge-funds-dropping-flies-doug-hirschs-seneca-capital-closing-after-20-years

"Sab capital returns all outside money" http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-20/what-smart-money-hedge-funds-underperform-market-seventh-straight-year

There is another thing that thoroughly vetted bonded and insured service for fee based investment pros have, is integrity

If they see no opportunity's in the market [do to manipulation or QE, or for whatever reason don't feel being invested in the market is in their clients best interests] they return their money.

How have your average clients fared in '15 or '14? After fees and commissions of course?

I'm sure you will continue with your schtick as well.
Last edited by: petroglyph on Jan 1, 2016
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
January 1st, 2016 at 5:09:15 PM permalink
My "schtick" Petro, has nothing to do with whether I might agree or disagree with any part of the irrelevant political slogans you enjoy plastering throughout this forum. I would have exactly the same reaction to you doing so regardless of what political tribe or wing you chose for your inspiration, whether derived from Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, or my nice and quite devoutly Catholic next door neighbor lady. Doing that is simply douchebag behavior, which benefits nobody, least of all the political ideology you're trying to peddle.

Quote: petroglyph

Feel free to block as mentioned, or disprove the message.

Your 'message' is insufficiently coherent to address, as it conflates several different unconnected things.

How have your average clients fared in '15 or '14? After fees and commissions of course?

Lousy guess; don't try to play poker. I do not have clients, never have, never will, and I invest solely for my own account. Though my academic background is in Economics, I'm none of the things that I suggested someone should seek, and have no desire to ever be that. I think I've done okay enough in those years, thanks for asking, since about two years ago I chose to cash out of the securities I still held from a series of investments made mostly in 2009, paid the long term capital gain tax on the profits from them, have remained out of the market for stocks and bonds since then, and continue to do so until such time as I might once again find something I regard as an attractive entry price on something I believe I understand very well, have investigated so thoroughly that some might reasonably call it obsessive, and that I'm prepared to follow more closely than many of the principals working in the enterprise are likely to do. But that's me. Most people are not me that way, and probably wouldn't want to be.

But someone who is not prepared to do anything like that and/or is not well acquainted with financial markets should work with a pro for advice and education for anything large enough to be very important to them, and not one working on commission to sell anything. And yes, some representing themselves as pros are incompetent or crooked, probably just as much as people living in trailers and posting on gambling message boards, and one should still retain control over their transactions in their own accounts. That is also why I suggested one should want them to be bonded and insured, so one has the possibility of recovering from the bonding and insurance companies. I gather you'd prefer that one not vet any people you use for financial advice, and that they be uninsured for potential professional liability, and ineligible for a bond? To each his own then, and good luck.

I think you should study up on Corzine, since you bring him up as an example of.... something. Apart from the fact that where he worked and what he stole from has almost nothing in common with the sort of thing being discussed or anything that someone casually reading this here would ever be likely or even eligible to get involved with (esoteric trading in some exotic commodity and currency derivatives among high net worth individuals and institutions), you might actually have liked him more than you may think before he got himself in trouble. He shares a lot of the politics that you frequently spray paint around here, being quite the hard core lefty.

In your typical fashion you arrive to deride, demean and condescend.

Thank you.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Jan 1, 2016
petroglyph
petroglyph
January 2nd, 2016 at 12:29:39 PM permalink

... regardless of what political tribe or wing you chose for your inspiration, whether derived from Stalin, Mao, Mussolini,...

Since you choose to bring up tribes, those aren't mine. All being dictators with bodies piled high around them, seem closer allied with your moniker and your avatar, the outline of a corpse. Who does that?
Quote:

...or my nice and quite devoutly Catholic next door neighbor lady. Doing that is simply douchebag behavior, which benefits nobody, least of all the political ideology you're trying to peddle

You don't post for 8 days, and then you show up on New Year's Eve and your first post contains admittedly, intended insults which you have continued for 24 hours, post after post, directed at some anonymous member which you consider "Totalitarian". And now you associate what you consider my "lefty" views as choosing these communist murdering dictators as my inspiration. I don't consider myself a lefty, but if supporting equal rights for minority's, LGBT people, and workers and their earned pensions as well as Vet's, and against senseless wars for empire, than I guess I will have to endure the mudslinging. FWIW, I haven't voted Dem since BC's first campaign, and voted for one Bush, and RR once, Ron Paul 2 or 3 times, Ross Perot, and as much as I hate to admit it, I voted for McCain once. If you find a lefty in there somewhere, feel free to kiss his ass.

You continue to use the same tired meme of "living in a trailer park" as an insult, along with leaving "rat turds", rolling along venomously, with your intent to insult [admittedly], a member in good standing. Those didn't offend me, but seeing as how you continue to search for something that will, I will tell you.

I find the use of "douchebag" on a public G rated forum a bit offensive. I would never use that term, decent people from my gen don't think like that. But in the interest of the forum's generally good taste, I would appreciate you drop that terminology. But I doubt it. That appears to be the way you and "your tribe" wish to speak to each other. It disgusts me, but like any other poster ,I can breeze by subsequent posts, ignore, or block.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who would prefer you leave this "potty mouth" at home. I can't believe that is welcomed by any female members [ who are in short supply, and probably don't feel comfortable bringing to your attention] or any mature others.

Quote:

Your 'message' is insufficiently coherent to address, as it conflates several different unconnected things.

Ah, that's why you are following me with insults, because you are "confused but confident", that's cute but not original, even on this forum.

Quote:

... don't try to play poker.

I already knew that, but thanks anyway.

Quote:

I do not ..... wouldn't want to be.

Meh..note prodigiously toots own horn. Something set you off at year end and started this tirade, Somehow I seem to be your current target. I haven't posted in the election [which is a political thread, btw] for over a week, you didn't fire it up till NYE? You been saving it up for a special occasion?

Quote:

.... and not one working on commission to sell anything.

But, you recommend a fee for service adviser? Is it just me, or are your statements conflicting?
Quote:

And yes,

Quote:

some representing themselves as pros are incompetent or crooked, That is why I mentioned John Corzine, pointing out crooked, vetted, bonded professional, fee for service money men. Strange you don't see the correlation.

Quote:

probably just as much as people living in trailers and posting on gambling message boards,

You sure seem to have a bone of contention with folks that live in trailer parks? I generally support them as well, there are many good people that live in them, I don't currently, but will say I have considered moving to one, over 55 community. If that takes away the value of a persons opinions on finance, I missed the rules on that one. Please post link.
Quote:

... and one should still retain control over their transactions in their own accounts.

Is that some sort of shout out to those that live in adult parks? I agree, it would be great if everyone cared as much, or more than you do about others well being and finances.
Quote:

That is also why I suggested one should want them to be bonded and insured, so one has the possibility of recovering from the bonding and insurance companies. I gather you'd prefer that one not vet any people you use for financial advice,

Is that what you truly gather? Stick with what you know, gathering doesn't seem to be your strong suit. Somehow it just seems like another attempt at ridicule. I'm starting to wonder if you knew either one of your parents, you seem to have no decency or manners.

Quote:

He shares a lot of the politics that you frequently spray paint around here, being quite the hard core lefty.

I never liked him, he was the largest campaign "gatherer" for B. Clinton at one time. Many in Jersey think him a crook.

Quote:

Thank you

Di Nada
Last edited by: petroglyph on Jan 2, 2016
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
January 7th, 2016 at 12:00:50 AM permalink
Saw the pinball machine and some other games on CBS network news evening. Probably a 10 minute segment on new games for gambling. Mentioned the change in Nevada law. Talked about skilled games.

Not sure who the front men they were interviewing for this were.

edit, maybe 5 minute segment (seems more likely for half hour news)

Double edit -- so apparently that was an old story that ran previously oct 7. Not a new report.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MrV
MrV
January 20th, 2016 at 5:24:07 PM permalink
I just sold most of my NTGL stock and realized a gain of over 200%.

That covers the hefty loss on my NTEK position, and leaves a profit.

Go NTGL!
"What, me worry?"
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 20th, 2016 at 6:40:00 PM permalink
Wow, they have skyrocketed in value. Glad you got your trade in.

Wonder what Ahigh has up his sleeve now?
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
MrV
MrV
January 20th, 2016 at 8:13:04 PM permalink
He's a clever lad, I suspect he'll land on his feet.

It sure is odd how NTEK has tanked into the abyss and NTGL suddenly caught fire.

I suspect it may have a lot to do with shorts covering, but I hope NTGL actually succeeds in developing, manufacturing and marketing a mega-successful skill-based casino game.

I still held some NTGL stock, so let's just watch the wild ride unfold.

The stock market: now THAT'S gambling!
"What, me worry?"
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
January 20th, 2016 at 9:29:40 PM permalink

I just sold most of my NTGL stock and realized a gain of over 200%.

That covers the hefty loss on my NTEK position, and leaves a profit.

Go NTGL!

Excellent news sir, I expect you will now be stepping up to a 488 spider. :)
MrV
MrV
January 20th, 2016 at 10:22:12 PM permalink
The new 488 is a great car, but I'll never buy a new car again.

Now I let someone take the hit on depreciation, then buy.

I'm happy with mine .

They don't make em like this anymore .
"What, me worry?"
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 20th, 2016 at 10:30:20 PM permalink
Whaaaaaat thats really your car? I would never get out of it. My whole life would be one long cruising for chix sesh. Can we get some pictures of it? How many miles? My speedometer doesn't even go to half yours.
100% risk of ruin
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 20th, 2016 at 10:35:34 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Whaaaaaat thats really your car? I would never get out of it. My whole life would be one long cruising for chix sesh. Can we get some pictures of it? How many miles? My speedometer doesn't even go to half yours.

There's a 2000 456GTA for sale near Miami for $59,900. Not as out of sight as I would've thought. only 23K miles on it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
January 20th, 2016 at 10:38:30 PM permalink
I'd rather just have a decent $1500 beater.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
RogerKint
RogerKint
January 20th, 2016 at 10:50:15 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There's a 2000 456GTA for sale near Miami for $59,900. Not as out of sight as I would've thought. only 23K miles on it.

That's so generous of you! When/where do you want to meet to give it to me? I dont mind flying out to Florida so I can drive it back to CA ;)
100% risk of ruin
RogerKint
RogerKint
January 20th, 2016 at 10:53:22 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Hear that. I drive a 5 speed 98 civic with almost 300k on it and don't have to cringe at every lil ding it gets. In fact, I don't even notice at this point. Maintenance is cheap and gets me places.
100% risk of ruin
MrV
MrV
January 20th, 2016 at 10:58:15 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Whaaaaaat thats really your car?... Can we get some pictures of it? How many miles?

34K miles on odometer.

Not a "flashy" sports car: more of a "gentleman's conveyance."

They were over $200K new, but I picked mine up for "quite a bit less:" a steal, actually.

It's not my daily driver, though.

I save the Ferrari for nice days, for blasts to the Oregon coast, up the Columbia gorge: places where I can let her run.

Love the torque, the gated six speed, the design.

Here's a pic at cars n coffee:
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 20th, 2016 at 11:05:45 PM permalink

34K miles on odometer.

Not a "flashy" sports car: more of a "gentleman's conveyance."

They were over $200K new, but I picked mine up for "quite a bit less:" a steal, actually.

It's not my daily driver, though.

I save the Ferrari for nice days, for blasts to the Oregon coast, up the Columbia gorge: places where I can let her run.

Love the torque, the gated six speed, the design.

Here's a pic at cars n coffee:

Your link requires a membership to view. I'm guessing you stay signed in. :)

Is yours manual or automatic transmission?
MrV
MrV
January 20th, 2016 at 11:33:00 PM permalink
Quote:

Your link requires a membership to view. I'm guessing you stay signed in. :)

Is yours manual or automatic transmission?

Sorry.

Try this .

Not my car, but same color 456GT (verde mugello).

Manual transmission.
"What, me worry?"
rainman
rainman
January 21st, 2016 at 12:09:13 AM permalink
The 456 doesn't fit the mold that those who typically seek Ferrari's are after which drives it's value down.
On the flip side it allows a guy to be able to acquire an outstanding performing car pretty reasonably.
The cost to maintain these cars is high though.
rainman
rainman
January 21st, 2016 at 12:15:18 AM permalink

How can you use (decent,$1500,and beater) in the same sentence.

And why do I understand it.
GWAE
GWAE
January 21st, 2016 at 4:10:15 AM permalink

You beat by 03 Saturn Ion with 196k miles. It even started right up this morning in 3 degree temp.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
January 21st, 2016 at 5:19:44 AM permalink
I like new, I like comfortable. I little utility doesn't hurt. Hard to beat my F-150 Platinum. Of course , parking takes a little strategic planning.
MrV
MrV
January 26th, 2016 at 5:10:11 PM permalink
I sold a block of NTGL, and am stunned at how this stock skyrocketed this year.

I still have skin in the game, and my stock has gone up 247% since purchase.

Wow.

Tremendous result for a company that has little marketable product / sales.

I don't know what you guys are doing at NTGL, but keep it up, Aaron!

Go NTGL!
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 26th, 2016 at 5:23:39 PM permalink

I sold a block of NTGL, and am stunned at how this stock skyrocketed this year.

I still have skin in the game, and my stock has gone up 247% since purchase.

Wow.

Tremendous result for a company that has little marketable product / sales.

I don't know what you guys are doing at NTGL, but keep it up, Aaron!

Go NTGL!

Something weird going on around here. This is the 3rd or 4th post that's several days old but now has a date for today.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
January 26th, 2016 at 5:47:39 PM permalink

Something weird going on around here. This is the 3rd or 4th post that's several days old but now has a date for today.

Reply deleted by DrawingDead March 14, 2017.
Zcore13
Zcore13
  • Threads: 41
January 26th, 2016 at 6:11:52 PM permalink

I think someone is just really excited about his profit and nobody is paying attention. :)

ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 26th, 2016 at 6:26:41 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

I think someone is just really excited about his profit and nobody is paying attention. :)

ZCore13

We all know what's going on with the stock
has nothing to do with sales because there
aren't any sales. Use your imagination.
MrV
MrV
January 26th, 2016 at 6:32:43 PM permalink
I seriously have to wonder just what is going on at NTGL.

The posters at ihub continually ridicule the company and its staff members, yet all of a sudden it has caught on fire.

Yes, it's a penny stock, and they can be very volatile.

How can NTEK, the parent, have gone DOWN 97%, and it's orphaned child, NTGL, without marketable product, have gone up almost 250%?

This is a question I really wish Aaron were around to answer.
"What, me worry?"
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
January 26th, 2016 at 6:35:46 PM permalink
We have no idea whats in store for this company or what the future holds. We can speculate all we want and it's just that speculation. I'm glad to see MR.V is making profit. No matter what happens I think Ahigh will be just fine.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Zcore13
Zcore13
  • Threads: 41
March 3rd, 2016 at 10:08:28 AM permalink
This is a rumor only since it has not been confirmed on their website and there is no press release, but...

Rumor has it Ahigh is no longer with the company. If this is incorrect then I apologize for the bad information gained from other sites/information. If it is true, I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up. I don't like seeing anyone without a job.

I still have NTEK stock (down about $900 I think). I never purchased any NTGL stock.

ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
MrV
MrV
March 3rd, 2016 at 10:18:21 AM permalink
As he doesn't post here we cannot ask him, so must turn to outside sources.

I've been following NTGL on ihub: see ihub link (scroll down to find posts on ihub board)

Very sad to read that he didn't fare well as the boss: I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone.

He's a good guy: be nice if he started posting at WOV again.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 3rd, 2016 at 11:17:54 AM permalink

(scroll down to find posts on ihub board)

Some of the posts certainly hint that's he's gone.
I looked it up on Linkedin and all mention
of NTGL has been removed from Ahigh's
profile. Some of the posters at the ihub site
say some really off the wall outrageous
things about the whole situation, they really
spew some venom there.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 3rd, 2016 at 12:34:26 PM permalink

As he doesn't post here we cannot ask him, so must turn to outside sources.

I've been following NTGL on ihub: see ihub link (scroll down to find posts on ihub board)

Very sad to read that he didn't fare well as the boss: I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone.

He's a good guy: be nice if he started posting at WOV again.

I hope he is gone and it was on his own terms. I would like to see him with a company that can be licensed and actually produce a product for the gaming market.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
MrV
MrV
March 3rd, 2016 at 2:41:18 PM permalink
Indeed.

Hello, due diligence.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 3rd, 2016 at 2:51:38 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I would like to see him with a company that can be licensed and actually produce a product for the gaming market.

If you look at the ihub site, one of the
posters says he spoke to someone in
a casino and they think these types
of machines are still years away from
going into casinos. For one thing,
the manufacturers want total control
of them, and the casinos will never allow
that.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 3rd, 2016 at 3:10:33 PM permalink
LOL from here:
Quote:

Won't Aaron Hightower's Mommy make it all better for him? Didn't even David Foley used his Mother's name as front to give himself more shares?

Personally I found Ahigh's attitude non-productive and his posting style needlessly confrontational. I don't miss him.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
sabre
sabre
  • Threads: 3
March 3rd, 2016 at 5:02:01 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Personally I found Ahigh's attitude non-productive and his posting style needlessly confrontational. I don't miss him.

He certainly used the phrase "you just don't understand" dozens of times in response to criticism of his company's business model and sales approach.
MrV
MrV
March 7th, 2016 at 8:08:32 AM permalink
Aaron has been pretty productive in the game design area through 2015: he was involved in securing many patents, both while at IGT and then with NTEK / NTGL.

see: patents
"What, me worry?"
GWAE
GWAE
March 7th, 2016 at 8:16:08 AM permalink
That's a lot of patents. I assume be was rewarded well for a few of them which would make sense why he could flounder in ntek while th company tries to get going.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 7th, 2016 at 12:49:32 PM permalink

Aaron has been pretty productive in the game design area through 2015:

More than half of them after 2005 have more
than one name on them. I know two people
who have patents and they both now say
it wasn't worth the expense. They wouldn't
do it again if they had the chance.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 7th, 2016 at 1:56:11 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

LOL from here:

Quote:

Won't Aaron Hightower's Mommy make it all better for him? Didn't even David Foley used his Mother's name as front to give himself more shares?

Always felt the same way. Nothing wrong with having a different opinion but he always thought he knew more than everyone. Don't miss that attitude. Good guy? Bad guy? Doesn't matter when you come off as an a-hole.
  • Jump to: