BukWildSuperFly
BukWildSuperFly
  • Threads: 7
September 16th, 2014 at 8:39:07 PM permalink
I have always wondered what happened to the house edge in 3 card poker if the player calls all hands blind. (Using the standard ante bonus of 5:1 for SF, 4:1 for trips, and 1:1 for straights which I understood produces a house edge of 3.37 when played with a queen/6/4 minimum player hand)

I have always assumed 3 card was a game that didn't particularly punish unskilled players, but I never knew the exact math on a blind call.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 16th, 2014 at 9:09:43 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
BukWildSuperFly
BukWildSuperFly
September 21st, 2014 at 5:14:17 PM permalink
Ok, I just went back to the WoO site and found the figure you referenced. However, I want it known that I scoured the site thoroughly before posting my question here. Clearly someone edited the site after I posted my question to make me look even more stupid than I am. Thank you for your help nonetheless.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
September 22nd, 2014 at 12:01:29 AM permalink
Quote: BukWildSuperFly

Ok, I just went back to the WoO site and found the figure you referenced. However, I want it known that I scoured the site thoroughly before posting my question here. Clearly someone edited the site after I posted my question to make me look even more stupid than I am. Thank you for your help nonetheless.

https://wizardofodds.com/games/three-card-poker/

"Last Updated: July 2, 2014."

With all due respect, I would suggest that an individual who sold the sites for $2,350,000 and the ownership that has bought the sites for $2,350,000 has better things to do than Edit a page specifically to make someone with four lifetime posts, "Look even more stupid."

Besides, nobody would think you looked stupid for missing that, anyway. The 3CP page is quite large and that is at the end of a paragraph most of the way down, no shame in missing it.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
September 22nd, 2014 at 2:43:35 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

https://wizardofodds.com/games/three-card-poker/

"Last Updated: July 2, 2014."

With all due respect, I would suggest that an individual who sold the sites for $2,350,000 and the ownership that has bought the sites for $2,350,000 has better things to do than Edit a page specifically to make someone with four lifetime posts, "Look even more stupid."

Besides, nobody would think you looked stupid for missing that, anyway. The 3CP page is quite large and that is at the end of a paragraph most of the way down, no shame in missing it.

I believe he was using sarcasm Sheldon.
I am a robot.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 22nd, 2014 at 2:48:54 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I believe he was using sarcasm Sheldon.

Actually, I don't think he was. He edited his post to read this way, because he posted a simple polite thank you yesterday (before I logged out), and now there's this bizarre paranoid take on it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 22nd, 2014 at 4:45:18 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
September 22nd, 2014 at 7:08:01 AM permalink
I believe this question has been asked and answered here before. In any case, long before WoV was ever here, I looked that up for someone at Caesar's AC. Probably 2006.
A falling knife has no handle.
BukWildSuperFly
BukWildSuperFly
September 23rd, 2014 at 6:14:15 PM permalink
For the record I did feel stupid for missing that information. I was hoping to not have to bother anyone for information that I should have been able to find myself. And for the record, I do appreciate the helpful and swift answer. As to the millions of dollars that were paid so that this site could be edited to make me look more stupid than I feel, well, I will neither confirm nor deny those rumors. Personally, I believe that there could have been a more cost effective manner to which I could have made to feel more stupid. I don't know. I have been told that if you want something done right you really can't put a price on it.

But that is also something that I will neither confirm not deny.

(And once again I do appreciate the help.)
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
September 23rd, 2014 at 6:24:58 PM permalink

For the record I did feel stupid for missing that information. I was hoping to not have to bother anyone for information that I should have been able to find myself. And for the record, I do appreciate the helpful and swift answer. As to the millions of dollars that were paid so that this site could be edited to make me look more stupid than I feel, well, I will neither confirm nor deny those rumors. Personally, I believe that there could have been a more cost effective manner to which I could have made to feel more stupid. I don't know. I have been told that if you want something done right you really can't put a price on it.

I guess he was using sarcasm, darn good sarcasm, at that.

:tips hat:
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 24th, 2014 at 5:20:39 PM permalink

Post Of The Day. Well said, BWSF! lol....
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: