TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
March 1st, 2013 at 8:32:34 AM permalink
So, in 2012 I played at a couple different properties...

1.) I played at MainStreet Station quite a bit...mostly craps, but I did play the "Treasure Chest" Video Poker (which earns 1/3 points) and hit a $ Royal there...
I've got a LITTLE bit of free rooms coming...so far like two offers for weekend nights free (February, then again in May)
I played there in May/September/December of 2012

2.) I played at Orleans a little bit, mostly just mess around video poker for 25c....
I've gotten NO offers from them
I played there in September only

3.) I played at Sam's Town, just one day in September, strictly $ video poker, and I dropped $500 (I didn't hit a quad AT ALL!)
I finally am getting offers from them...just DUMPING rooms to me! 3 nights any time, as much as I want in March/April/May, PLUS I'm getting invites to their VIP events (Slot Tourney, Kentucky Derby Party, etc)

So needless to say...I think it's obvious what Boyd property you should give play to....SAM'S TOWN!
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 4th, 2013 at 9:35:12 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

So, in 2012 I played at a couple different properties...

1.) I played at MainStreet Station quite a bit...mostly craps, but I did play the "Treasure Chest" Video Poker (which earns 1/3 points) and hit a $ Royal there...
I've got a LITTLE bit of free rooms coming...so far like two offers for weekend nights free (February, then again in May)
I played there in May/September/December of 2012

2.) I played at Orleans a little bit, mostly just mess around video poker for 25c....
I've gotten NO offers from them
I played there in September only

3.) I played at Sam's Town, just one day in September, strictly $ video poker, and I dropped $500 (I didn't hit a quad AT ALL!)
I finally am getting offers from them...just DUMPING rooms to me! 3 nights any time, as much as I want in March/April/May, PLUS I'm getting invites to their VIP events (Slot Tourney, Kentucky Derby Party, etc)

So needless to say...I think it's obvious what Boyd property you should give play to....SAM'S TOWN!

Thanks for the info...no desire to head out to Boulder Highway though...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
March 4th, 2013 at 10:27:31 PM permalink
Ok, I will explain how Boyd mailers work for locals. It could be different for out-of-towners but I suspect the premise is the same it's just the offers may be tilted differently, like more towards rooms for out-of-towners. I also believe the gaming offers like free play may be one bigger lump sum for out-of-towners, where as we get ours broken up into weekly segments in an attempt to get us to visit every week.

The Boyd properties are broken into 2 subsets. The 3 downtown properties, MSS, Cal, and Fremont and a second subset of the remaining 4 properties, Sam's, Gold coast, Orleans and Suncoast. I get 2 different mailers each month from Boyd. One for the three downtown properties and one for the 4 outer properties.

Now lets say I play a little at Suncoast, a little at Orleans, none at gold coast and a lot at Sam's. I will get a mailer that has a room offers from Sams, because that that will be designated my primary property because of the larger play. The same mailer will have weekly free play which can be used at any of the 4 'outer' properties and some food offers, like free buffets also good on any of the 'outer' properties. My second mailer from the 3 downtown properties works the same way. They will designate my primary property based on play. You can change the primary property on the Bconnected website if you desire, but it is to your advantage to let them designate it by your play.

So the bottom line is that spreading your play around doesn't really benefit you. You should pick one of the 3 downtown properties to play and one of the 4 'outer' properties to play to maximize offers.
  • Jump to: