100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
June 12th, 2017 at 7:23:50 AM permalink
1) 'Double super times pay' dealt Royal becomes 20x if on the draw portion you get any multiplier.
Odds of getting a Dealt Royal with any draw multiplier is 1 in 9.7M and is worth .11% EV.
dstp (9/5 JoB) is a 98.95% machine.
so because of the looooooooooooooooooooong shot 20x Royal, can I consider this game to actually be a 98.84% game?

2) Deal/Draw (9/7 tdb) is a 99.22% game and pays 15x for a dealt Royal.
Odds are 1 in 650k and is worth .92% EV.

This Game comes in single line and 10line versions.
As RS said in another thread, in the the 10line version, getting a dealt Royal becomes 1 in about 65k which is 1.5x a normal Royal cycle.

I suspect Most semi-serious vp players will never get a dealt Royal in their lifetimes if playing single line.
For the single line version, can I consider this game to be 98.2% since the odds of getting the dealt Royal is so high?
Last edited by: 100xOdds on Jun 12, 2017
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
June 12th, 2017 at 7:33:55 AM permalink
Eh, practically you can "kind of" make a case for disregarding the EV of the dealt royals, but even if you personally chose to disregard their EV, it's still there. Mathematically you still have a chance at getting it, so that's part of the return. If you ignore the return for the 15x and 20x royals, then what happens if you actually hit one? You still get paid... i.e. the return never really goes away, you just personally ignore it.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
June 12th, 2017 at 7:41:21 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Eh, practically you can "kind of" make a case for disregarding the EV of the dealt royals, but even if you personally chose to disregard their EV, it's still there. Mathematically you still have a chance at getting it, so that's part of the return. If you ignore the return for the 15x and 20x royals, then what happens if you actually hit one? You still get paid... i.e. the return never really goes away, you just personally ignore it.

I'm trying to decide whether to play these games or a lower EV game that doesn't have the dealt Royal gimmick.

in the case of Deal/draw (9/7 tdb), the alternatives are 9/7 db (99.11%) and 9/6 ddb (99%).
if I disregard the dealt Royal EV, then the lower EV games are much better to play.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
IndyJeffrey
June 12th, 2017 at 7:48:18 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

I'm trying to decide whether to play these games or a lower EV game that doesn't have the dealt Royal gimmick.

in the case of Deal/draw (9/7 tdb), the alternatives are 9/7 db (99.11%) and 9/6 ddb (99%).
if I disregard the dealt Royal EV, then these lower EV games are much better to play.

Well, if you disregard the royal payback (since it's only 1~40k anyways) then the gimmick games are much better to play! I hope you see my point that you can't just 'disregard' paybacks that are a viable option. Even if it's only 1-650k you still have a chance to hit it every time you hit deal. The question of playing the other game to control VARIANCE can be a topic that you could leverage to play the slightly lower EV game though.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
June 12th, 2017 at 7:50:49 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

1) 'Double super times pay' dealt Royal becomes 20x if on the draw portion you get any multiplier.
Odds of getting a Dealt Royal with any draw multiplier is 1 in 9.7M and is worth .11% EV.
dstp (9/5 JoB) is a 98.95% machine.
so because of the looooooooooooooooooooong shot 20x Royal, can I consider this game to actually be a 98.84% game?

2) Deal/Draw (9/7 tdb) is a 99.22% game and pays 15x for a dealt Royal.
Odds are 1 in 650k and is worth .92% EV.

This Game comes in single line and 10line versions.
As RS said in another thread, in the the 10line version, getting a dealt Royal becomes 1 in about 65k screens which is 1.5x a normal Royal cycle.

I suspect Most semi-serious vp players will never get a dealt Royal in their lifetimes if playing single line.
For the single line version, can I consider this game to be 98.2% since the odds of getting the dealt Royal is so high?

I saw a lady a MGM Detroit get the dealt royal/20x multiplier so don't think it doesn't happen. She was playing Triple play, playing 2 hands for a $40,000 payoff.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: