JB
Administrator
JB 
  • Threads: 334
April 20th, 2017 at 12:28:17 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Are you sure? I would think the genie only appears if there is no acceptable replacement in the deck. Like if you're dealt quads and toss one of them. Toss them all and you'll draw quads of a different rank.

Similarly, in your example where you break a pair of jacks, there are two other jacks that could be drawn.

Of course that's no proof because you could have been destined to get trips. But if this happens every time, it's not RNG...

It would be rather silly to wait for a dealt quad and then break it to find out if a machine is class II or class III.

Hence my less-costly suggestion. If you break a high pair and hold three junk cards, you leave open a very narrow window (2/47 chance) of ending up with the same win on a class III machine. If you don't get the high pair back on the draw, you know right away it's class III. If you end up getting back the high pair every time, or somehow end up with a higher prize, then it becomes obvious that the win was predetermined.
Last edited by: JB on Apr 20, 2017
VPBJ24
VPBJ24
  • Threads: 1
April 20th, 2017 at 12:50:30 PM permalink
I have played there a lot already, and don't recall seeing a genie. But maybe im just that good I never made a mistake ha!

But will def try some of those suggestions, see if i end up getting the same hand.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 20th, 2017 at 1:46:29 PM permalink
I can confirm all Seneca Class III properties use RNG. You're good at the Falls or in the Creek.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
VPBJ24
VPBJ24
  • Threads: 1
April 20th, 2017 at 2:04:28 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I can confirm all Seneca Class III properties use RNG. You're good at the Falls or in the Creek.

Awesome! How are the paytables? Any 25c Full Pay?

And what about progressives?

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 63
April 20th, 2017 at 3:21:12 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

With the Native American places, you can't really be so sure. Turning Stone always referred to the machines as multi-game machines, which I never really fully understood. Also playing some of their slots, I'd see notation something like "joining game XXXXX". Never really understood this. I haven't been there in a good 7 years fwiw.

Those are probably Class II bingo games where you see it "joining a game".
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 161
April 20th, 2017 at 3:21:58 PM permalink
Quote: JB

It would be rather silly to wait for a dealt quad and then break it to find out if a machine is class II or class III.

Hence my less-costly suggestion...

I totally agree. But your original post was worded differently. It seemed like you were suggesting that the genie would appear to fix the pair of jacks.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
JB
Administrator
JB 
April 20th, 2017 at 4:20:01 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

I totally agree. But your original post was worded differently. It seemed like you were suggesting that the genie would appear to fix the pair of jacks.

I was under the impression that the game could either intentionally draw one of the remaining Jacks, or it could draw a random card and use the genie to change it into a Jack. I don't know for sure since I've never seen the genie mechanism.

I have seen the match card mechanism on a class II (bingo) machine. In case anyone is curious, the way the match card mechanism pretends to work is like this:

1) after you hit draw, it "randomly" chooses a card

2) if the last card drawn to your hand matches the chosen card, you win a "bonus" prize

Of course, it's just smoke and mirrors. Your "strategy" can determine whether or not it needs to employ the mechanism (in a winning manner). Often, the machine will deal you a losing hand but use the match card mechanism to award your predetermined prize. This will always be the case when the prize is an odd amount, which can happen since you are really playing bingo against other players, and it's not uncommon for the prize pool to have been split multiple ways.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
April 20th, 2017 at 4:35:37 PM permalink
I could only find one video on YouTube of a supposed class II VP machine. Only 10 seconds and doesn't show anything odd except the player dumps 8c2d8h7c4c and draws 8sJc2JhJd.

I would've held the straight flush draw according to the pay table seen regardless of class II or not in case of a goof.

https://youtu.be/fXYP3Fprdtc
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 124
April 20th, 2017 at 7:10:19 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Those are probably Class II bingo games where you see it "joining a game".

I thought so, but they don't show bingo cards. Guess they don't have to or nobody cares if they don't.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
JB
Administrator
JB 
April 20th, 2017 at 7:29:17 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I thought so, but they don't show bingo cards. Guess they don't have to or nobody cares if they don't.

Turning Stone is class III, except for their bingo hall and poker room, which are of course class II by nature. (source)

• Jump to: