bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 41
April 28th, 2016 at 7:52:46 PM permalink
I have a friend who lives in Vegas. He's an old man in his 70s. About a year ago I suggested trying out Main Street Station. He plays quarter JoB and just plugs along. When he first got mailers I thought they were quite generous and I suggested to him not to f--k it up because they are treating him pretty nice. He'd get $5s and $10s in free play and some lunch buffet offers every month. Plus the scratchers. He probably gave them 6K to 10K a month in action. Just a harmless old man, not a sharpie, but can plug along pretty good at JoB with minimal errors.

Anyway, for May, he gets ZIP. He gets one buffet offer for the month, and no free play. What happened? Do you think he committed a "crime" and got punished? Or is this some policy change that they're doing to other locals? It's too bad too, because he enjoyed playing there, and it was a decent quarter play.

I know it's impossible to figure out what Boyd is doing with mailers. But are there any other MSS players (locals), who got spanked for May? Or did they just get sick of my friend playing JoB and nothing else and decided to punish him?
Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 117
April 28th, 2016 at 8:12:53 PM permalink
If he was only getting 5s and 10s on 6k coin in which is a 30 dollar adt it's very possible he played slightly less and was thus under the Freeplay threshold theo wise
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 28th, 2016 at 10:25:06 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

If he was only getting 5s and 10s on 6k coin in which is a 30 dollar adt it's very possible he played slightly less and was thus under the Freeplay threshold theo wise

You may be right. I'll see if he even knows where he stands on coin-in. Thanks.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 35
April 28th, 2016 at 11:01:54 PM permalink
I gave up trying to figure out Boyd. My wife would go in and play the same coin in. For a long time we got the same mailer. Then she started getting them and I didn't even though I had the same or more action. I get those same B1G1 buffets you mention so maybe my play wasn't getting recorded right.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 24
April 29th, 2016 at 6:52:05 AM permalink
Yeah $5 and $10 free play is the bottom that they could possibly give... Doesn't sound like they're treating him too well to me. I'm not saying they should, given his lower level of play, but you telling him they are and not to "f*ck" it up is quite misleading.

He must have played less. He should continue to get the same mailers with the same level of play.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 29th, 2016 at 9:36:22 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Yeah $5 and $10 free play is the bottom that they could possibly give... Doesn't sound like they're treating him too well to me. I'm not saying they should, given his lower level of play, but you telling him they are and not to "f*ck" it up is quite misleading.

He must have played less. He should continue to get the same mailers with the same level of play.

Perhaps I failed him by not keeping an eye on his coin-in. He's old and actually has a little brain damage and very poor memory. I try to help him, but I am not his keeper and I've been kinda busy and I don't live there in Vegas. He's a good friend for more than 30 years. I thought maybe MSS changed something but you guys are probably right about him playing under the threshold. I know he's been spending a lot of time at the Cannery lately. He probably did f--k it up. lol I'll tell him to give it another try and increase his play in May. Thanks for the input.

Oh, maybe I didn't say it right, They were giving him $5s and $10s to a total of over a hundred bucks a month. I thought that was pretty good. And he likes the place. So do I. I hope you guys are right. Thank you.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 29th, 2016 at 9:43:11 AM permalink
It is a good place but it needs a refresh.

Those antiques are nice but they get dusty and tarnished. The carpet and bar areas could use an overhaul. Bathrooms too.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Zourah
Zourah
  • Threads: 4
April 29th, 2016 at 6:30:58 PM permalink
I have free offers for all the boyd properties, I think my buddy wants to use one of the rooms. Would you suggest Main Street station? Fremont? California? I don't think he wants to do the Gold Coast
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 29th, 2016 at 7:23:21 PM permalink
Quote: Zourah

I have free offers for all the boyd properties, I think my buddy wants to use one of the rooms. Would you suggest Main Street station? Fremont? California? I don't think he wants to do the Gold Coast

I can't speak to the rooms or food, but if I were going to choose one for a trip I'd probably choose Orleans. They've got a pretty decent choice of games for my taste. I like downtown, but I like all of them. But gamewise, I'd pick Orleans. Two years ago my answer might have been different. Especially considering what has happened at Suncoast with their video poker inventory.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 109
April 29th, 2016 at 8:44:16 PM permalink
Gold Coast is for dim sum and baccarat. Best dim sum I know of in Vegas... and their 4-5 baccarat tables seem to always be open and packed.

I'd pick MSS.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"

• Jump to: