zxc
zxc
  • Threads: 2
October 26th, 2015 at 9:01:39 AM permalink
Ok so I see this game has a 100.64% return.

My question is: Is there a basic strategy page for this like there is for 17/7/5?

Up until now, I've been following the strategy for 17/7/5 but I'm wondering if there are any subtle differences since the straight flush pays out more.

Thanks.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
October 26th, 2015 at 9:09:41 AM permalink
Either Google "video poker strategy calculator" or if you search the Wizard's Odds site you'd find his:

https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/calculator/

You can select 5 card draw poker, joker poker, then enter the pay table in question. It'll give you the HE and the playing strategy...
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
zxc
zxc
  • Threads: 2
October 26th, 2015 at 9:19:52 AM permalink
Oh wow I wish I'd found this sooner. Looks like there are a lot of differences!

I've been just playing Ace instead of AT AJ AQ suited, also discarding everything instead of playing QJ QT suited. I just even had a hand where I held a pat straight over 4 to a straight flush :( (This hand was the one that got me thinking)

If you had to estimate, what would you say is my return for playing 20/7/5 with the 17/7/5 strategy? I guess I've been lucky that I've made a profit while playing this way but a little disappointed that I may have missed out on a royal.

Thanks for the reply!
sabre
sabre
  • Threads: 3
October 26th, 2015 at 10:22:47 AM permalink
Quote: zxc

If you had to estimate, what would you say is my return for playing 20/7/5 with the 17/7/5 strategy? I guess I've been lucky that I've made a profit while playing this way but a little disappointed that I may have missed out on a royal.

The tool posted above can answer that question for you.
  • Jump to: