Wungee
Wungee
  • Threads: 8
September 14th, 2015 at 11:39:40 PM permalink
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this: I hadn't played Bob Dancer's VPW software in a couple months, and when I launched it I noticed the window was much smaller than before. The window probably fills about 1/6 of the screen, whereas before it filled about 2/3 or more. The only thing I can think of is that I recently upgraded to Windows 10; any advice?

By the way, I should point out that I tried the usual things, such as right-clicking and choosing "restore" -- I also tried right clicking and selecting "size"; that allowed me to resize the window, but the playable portion of the window remained the same (in other words, when I resized the window, it just resulted in having a huge blue border, and then game itself was still small).

Thank you for any suggestions.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 15th, 2015 at 6:03:24 AM permalink
Quote: Wungee

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this: I hadn't played Bob Dancer's VPW software in a couple months, and when I launched it I noticed the window was much smaller than before. The window probably fills about 1/6 of the screen, whereas before it filled about 2/3 or more. The only thing I can think of is that I recently upgraded to Windows 10; any advice?

By the way, I should point out that I tried the usual things, such as right-clicking and choosing "restore" -- I also tried right clicking and selecting "size"; that allowed me to resize the window, but the playable portion of the window remained the same (in other words, when I resized the window, it just resulted in having a huge blue border, and then game itself was still small).

Thank you for any suggestions.

Purely speculation, but your screen resolution may have changed in the upgrade, resulting in a smaller image. The window size is a separate thing from the image contained size, and it depends on the application software whether it grows/shrinks with window sizing; have you tried (if you have a touch pad or touch screen), while that particular window is active, making the "enlarge" motion (dragging finger and thumb from together to apart)?

With a mouse, you hold down the CNTRL key, then use the scrolling wheel to zoom in and out.

With the keyboard, use CNTRL+(+) to zoom, CNTRL+(-) to make the image smaller, or follow the directions in the link below to adjust it via dropdown menu. (This reads as windows-7 but according to Microsoft, it remains current for Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/zoom-webpage#1TC=windows-7
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wungee
Wungee
  • Threads: 8
September 16th, 2015 at 9:42:59 PM permalink
Thanks BeachBum. I tried all of your suggestions, and....nada. I don't know what the deal is, but it is frustrating. Like I posted originally, the window/game is much smaller now. Anyone else have any ideas?

Wungee
  • Jump to: