Robmorrow
Robmorrow
  • Threads: 5
May 31st, 2010 at 1:01:33 PM permalink
I downloaded the trial version of Video Poker for Winners yesterday, and tried playing the 100 play Jacks or Better Game. Started with 100,000 credits, and hit 3 Royal flushes so far which pay 4,000 credits each. However, my bankroll has increased to 185,000 credits already. Is this software legitimate? Usually, when I play video poker, I basically lose unless I hit the Royal flush, but even without the 3 Royals, I am way ahead. So far I have played 1245 hands. Is this simulation reflective of the actual game?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 31st, 2010 at 1:23:56 PM permalink
Quote: Robmorrow

I downloaded the trial version of Video Poker for Winners yesterday, and tried playing the 100 play Jacks or Better Game. Started with 100,000 credits, and hit 3 Royal flushes so far which pay 4,000 credits each. However, my bankroll has increased to 185,000 credits already. Is this software legitimate? Usually, when I play video poker, I basically lose unless I hit the Royal flush, but even without the 3 Royals, I am way ahead. So far I have played 1245 hands. Is this simulation reflective of the actual game?

if they can't even get the credits calculated right, I'd stay away from it. If you are saying your luck has been fantastic and these credits are correct, yes, I would smell a rat.

Something sleazeball going on would hard to prove, though.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 31st, 2010 at 1:24:02 PM permalink
the setting you have it on isnt giving you random hands. its probably set at giving you certain hands to learn the strategy quicker. so youre getting better starting hands on average than usual. i dont have the program on this computer. but i believe there are different levels you can set it at. beginner, intermediate, expert. then i believe you can turn them all off to get a random hand.
  • Jump to: