Thread Rating:

FunkyDoctor
FunkyDoctor
  • Threads: 10
December 27th, 2013 at 3:26:58 PM permalink
Can anyone tell me how much return I give up by playing 9/6 JoB strategy on an 8/5 BP machine? I will be doing some limited playing on an 8/5 BP machine and want to determine whether it is worth the time to learn the strategy. Thanks...
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
December 27th, 2013 at 3:56:43 PM permalink
Quote: FunkyDoctor

Can anyone tell me how much return I give up by playing 9/6 JoB strategy on an 8/5 BP machine? I will be doing some limited playing on an 8/5 BP machine and want to determine whether it is worth the time to learn the strategy. Thanks...

Do you have any video poker software? If you do then replace the 8/5 BP strategy with the 9/6 strategy. Then hit analyze. That will tell you the difference.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
December 27th, 2013 at 5:04:57 PM permalink
About .02%.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
FunkyDoctor
FunkyDoctor
  • Threads: 10
December 27th, 2013 at 5:44:03 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

Do you have any video poker software? If you do then replace the 8/5 BP strategy with the 9/6 strategy. Then hit analyze. That will tell you the difference.

I use VPW, but don't think it has the capability you mentioned. I know I can change the paytable and it will calculate the new return and best strategy. But to the best of my knowledge, I can't just change the strategy of a game and have it tell me the new return.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 27th, 2013 at 8:47:37 PM permalink
Quote: FunkyDoctor

I use VPW, but don't think it has the capability you mentioned. I know I can change the paytable and it will calculate the new return and best strategy. But to the best of my knowledge, I can't just change the strategy of a game and have it tell me the new return.

Wolf Video Poker can apparently do it from what I have read. I have never used the software though.

This website lists returns using incorrect strategies for a handful of games:

http://www.videopokerhelp.net/wrong_strat.html

8/5 Bonus using 9/6 JoB strategy is a minimal difference.
tournamentking
tournamentking
  • Threads: 2
December 27th, 2013 at 8:55:33 PM permalink
I have vow and I can't see where it does the strategy change either. But I've only spent a few hours learning it so I may be wrong. I saw someone post .02% above. So is it really that important to know?
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 27th, 2013 at 9:13:16 PM permalink
Quote: tournamentking

I have vow and I can't see where it does the strategy change either. But I've only spent a few hours learning it so I may be wrong. I saw someone post .02% above. So is it really that important to know?

It changes very little. 3 to straight flushes are more valuable in JoB as well as JT, QT, KT suited since the flush is 6 for 1. KT suited is even incorrect in 8/5 Bonus Poker basic strategy. So the changes are there, but unless you're looking to squeeze out pennies on the hour, it's not really much of a concern.
  • Jump to: