chaunceyb3
chaunceyb3
Joined: Feb 22, 2013
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 346
May 20th, 2013 at 10:55:32 PM permalink
A bank of 6 Double Joker Poker machines at Caesars AC currently has a Royal Flush progressive jackpot of ~$2,900 as of 12AM EST, May 21st. These are 25 cent, 1 line machines with $1.25 max bet per hand.

The comp rate is $1 for every $1000 coin in for an additional 0.1%.

The paytable is as follows

Royal Flush 11,600
Wild Royal 500
5 of a Kind 250
Straight Flush 125
4 of a Kind 40
Full House 25
Flush 20
Straight 15
3 of a Kind 10
2 Pair 5

It's a small AP opportunity, but if you like video poker, and want some future mailers/slot play/free rooms from Caesars AC, have at it.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 5415
May 20th, 2013 at 11:29:17 PM permalink
When I first read the title, the 101.6% stuck out, and I thought you were talking about the Loose Deuces at the D...lol

I would try if I was there! :(
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
Joined: Mar 28, 2010
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 1988
May 21st, 2013 at 1:42:17 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

When I first read the title, the 101.6% stuck out, and I thought you were talking about the Loose Deuces at the D...lol



same thought popped in my head.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1391
May 21st, 2013 at 7:22:30 AM permalink
Double joker poker has a very difficult strategy,very few people play it accurately,so well you would prob still have an edge, unless you know this game you might only be playing breakeven.
What we've got here is failure to communicate
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 3609
May 21st, 2013 at 3:25:30 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Double joker poker has a very difficult strategy,very few people play it accurately,so well you would prob still have an edge, unless you know this game you might only be playing breakeven.



That + the fact it's a progressive means more money to hit. Still a great opportunity if you can play optimally.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 6595
May 21st, 2013 at 3:34:38 PM permalink
Well, I know what I'm doing on the point multiplier days in mid-june...:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 5415
May 21st, 2013 at 9:02:41 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Double joker poker has a very difficult strategy,very few people play it accurately,so well you would prob still have an edge, unless you know this game you might only be playing breakeven.



Yeah JB's full, complicated basic strategy costs a player 0.03%. I don't think I have ever seen a full basic strategy that deviates that much from optimal. The exceptions are all over the place.

Quote: rdw4potus

Well, I know what I'm doing on the point multiplier days in mid-june...:-)



Playing the 9/6 JoB quarter progressive? lol

That's what I would do until the Royal on Double Joker got above $2000 or so (99.91% optimal; 99.88% basic). The base payout of the 8/5 (quads/full house) game is 98.1%, full-pay is 9/5 and pays 99.97%.
chaunceyb3
chaunceyb3
Joined: Feb 22, 2013
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 346
May 21st, 2013 at 10:52:49 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Yeah JB's full, complicated basic strategy costs a player 0.03%. I don't think I have ever seen a full basic strategy that deviates that much from optimal. The exceptions are all over the place.



Playing the 9/6 JoB quarter progressive? lol

That's what I would do until the Royal on Double Joker got above $2000 or so (99.91% optimal; 99.88% basic). The base payout of the 8/5 (quads/full house) game is 98.1%, full-pay is 9/5 and pays 99.97%.



The royal flush progressive on Double Joker Poker ALWAYS resets to $2,000 and goes up from there (9/6 JoB at Caesars AC resets to $1,000). It used to reset at $2,500, and I've seen the progressive as high as $4,500.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 5415
May 21st, 2013 at 11:03:07 PM permalink
Quote: chaunceyb3

The royal flush progressive on Double Joker Poker ALWAYS resets to $2,000 and goes up from there (9/6 JoB at Caesars AC resets to $1,000). It used to reset at $2,500, and I've seen the progressive as high as $4,500.



I guess the VPFree2 crowd has kept it secret then, or totally overlooked it...lol

Considering it still is a CET property, probably better to still keep it under wraps, especially considering how they slashed and burned Tunica Roadhouse last month. :(
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 3609
May 21st, 2013 at 11:12:33 PM permalink
A CET property offering a +EV game? Sounds like the universe is imploding..... I would go burn it out if I lived near there!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

  • Jump to: