Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 31st, 2013 at 9:03:01 AM permalink
Yesterday I was at the Red Rock and noticed two banks of WMS video poker machines. One by the sports book and one by the buffet. They were all offline, and three techs were busy doing whatever they do to the bank by the buffet. You can see from this sign that they will open tomorrow (Feb 1) at 10 AM.

I'm thinking about showing up for the grand opening. Maybe I'll score a free t-shirt. Any Vegas members care to join me?

I'll be sure to report on the games here shortly afterward.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 31st, 2013 at 9:12:30 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Yesterday I was at the Red Rock and noticed two banks of WMS video poker machines. One by the sports book and one by the buffet. They were all offline, and three techs were busy doing whatever they do to the bank by the buffet. You can see from this sign that they will open tomorrow (Feb 1) at 10 AM.

I'm thinking about showing up for the grand opening. Maybe I'll score a free t-shirt. Any Vegas members care to join me?

It would be nice to see a company other than IGT come out with a successful poker product. Sadly, I don't think this will be it. If they are leased games or daily fee games, they will be in real trouble. Hopefully, Stations bought the games and will give them at least a six month trial.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 31st, 2013 at 9:18:58 AM permalink
On a side note, WMS gaming is being bought by Scientific Games. Link
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
January 31st, 2013 at 12:01:30 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Be sure to check the triple triple bonus paytable. JB calculated that the free flash game had a paytable of 100.8%, so I'm guessing that could be a possible setting. And of course hit something big while trying "Winning Streak Poker"!

I keep meaning to look at one of these machines at Horseshoe Hammond, but I didn't get around to it in my last Chicago trip. :( Hopefully it's still there when I get back there because I agree with DRich; I don't think these machines will last. I really hate how it looks personally.
  • Jump to: