MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
May 4th, 2012 at 9:28:28 AM permalink
I know Friday's barely started but it was a very productive week in Vegas. The big highlights, besides having my game well-received in the games focus group (discussed elsewhere), included:

1) 6 out of 7 winning sessions at various craps tables using my patented craps betting system called "get lucky on the passline". I took $200 or so from Circus Circus Tuesday night in the hour before dinner, and that was only a $5 table. DJTeddyBear and I met up yesterday afternoon at Caesars, where I had one or two decent hands and he had a very nice hand using the practiced technique of "just chuck'em". We were standing 1 and 2 left of the stick, and there was a petite Asian woman just to the right who was very clearly attempting to use dice-influencing techniques. She'd carefully set the dice in a flying-V, put her thumb behind and three fingers in front (one was sort of on top of the other two). And then she used a very gentle toss. Problem was, the dice twisted slightly in the air so when they landed it was on one of the corners and they just bounced all over the place. In the 3 or 4 orbits we played, every single one of her hands was terrible. I don't think she made more than one point in 4 hands. Yup. Another skilled precision thrower. Maybe she should just keep it up and bet don't.
Overall, I came away with enough to cover the new sax mouthpiece I bought at Kessler's Music (Charleston and Mojave) and the much-needed rotor job on my car.

2) Speaking of games, I had breakfast with a friend yesterday at GVR and showed him my domino game. As an aside, I hadn't been back to GVR in years, and I told him to meet me at the Original Pancake House which turned out to be long gone -- oh well. Anyway, after breakfast we went to an empty blackjack table and I dealt a few hands. Then a new shift came on, and I guess one of the dealers was standing behind me for a few hands watching. She walks around the other side of the table, grabs a domino and shows me how you can feel the pips and know what the tiles are without looking at them. She got most of them right, too -- I guess she was feeling for pai gow pip patterns which are slightly different than standard double-six patterns. And then she dealt a few hands to me and my friend. After one correction on the scoring and house way, she had the game totally nailed. She could have taught Twist'em to her colleagues at that point, basically after just watching me for 5 minutes. It was surreal.

3) Here are some of the lyrics to Sly and the Family Stone's "Dance To The Music":
Quote: Dance To The Music, 1968

Sly: Cynthia!
Cynthia: What?
Sly: Jerry!
Jerry: What?
Sly:
If I could a-hear the horns blow,
Cynthia on the throne, yeah!
Sax & trumpet duet.

Sly:
Listen to me!
Cynthia & Jerry got a message they're sayin',

Cynthia:
All the squares, go home!

The real highlight of my trip: I spent an hour last night at McCarran talking music with Cynthia and Jerry. It's not every day an amateur like me gets to hang out with two inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
May 4th, 2012 at 10:30:54 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

The real highlight of my trip: I spent an hour last night at McCarran talking music with Cynthia and Jerry. It's not every day an amateur like me gets to hang out with two inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Pictures!!

Thanks for the report ME, and congratulations on the sucessful trip. I enjoy your contributions to the board.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 4th, 2012 at 3:00:49 PM permalink

I
1) 6 out of 7 winning sessions at various craps tables using my patented craps betting system called "get lucky on the passline".

LOL. Very nice. I've had 6 out of 7 losing sessions before. Would like to switch that around.
Quote:

At the risk of sounding stupid, who are they?
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
May 4th, 2012 at 3:38:21 PM permalink

I know this feeling. For 46 years my favorite rock & roll song has been "96 Tears". In 1981, I saw Joe "King" Carrasco & the Crowns, and playing keyboard? Rudy Martinez, aka Question Mark, the author of "96 Tears"! I bought him a beer during break, and got to tell him how much I loved his song. One of the great rock moments of my life.
A falling knife has no handle.
  • Jump to: