PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 15
June 16th, 2017 at 11:45:37 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Just wait until you find out you can't see the cards being introduced and realize you are being cheated.

Hahahaha but it's probably not as big a deal that the cards come from China in that part of the world 😂
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
June 16th, 2017 at 11:50:01 PM permalink
I have made a few changes, I am not going to Pakse, Laos because the journey there sucks and the journey from there to Bangkok is a long bus/train trip. I was debating whether to go to Pakse anyways. This way I can just fly from Savannakhet to Bangkok at the end of my trip.

Also I was talking to a friend of mine who grew up in India and she told me not to bother going to Jaisalmer. The main attraction is camping in the desert and riding camels, both of which I did in Israel and I wasn't a big fan of riding the camel. She says there is nothing else to do there and it is quite far off the beaten path. It's a 12 hour train ride each way.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 209
June 17th, 2017 at 7:23:59 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I'll send someone else over there who knows stuff about the oriental world and wouldn't die of starvation.

You won't die of starvation in the orient but you may well die of "additives" such as insecticides, fusel oil, diesel fuel, etc. Resort areas and border towns would be my worst fears.

Gambling in Vietnam is legal during Tet.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
June 17th, 2017 at 8:33:45 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Resort areas and border towns would be my worst fears.

Gambling in Vietnam is legal during Tet.

Why would resorts and border towns be your worst fear?

• Jump to: