TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
December 10th, 2012 at 1:04:30 PM permalink
So, I just really started playing this game...I've been practicing all week on the Wiz's site, and I've got the strategy down pretty well...
Some funny things I've noticed at the table...
- The dealers always seem to give bad advice (ie: Admonishing me for NOT playing the TRIPS, saying "That's where the money's at!"
- The players SELDOMLY raise 4x! (Even when they have the cards to do it); Hell, they barely raise 2x after the flop!
- I am a damn lucky player, who all the dealers say "You play way too aggresive, you raise 4x on everything!" (Uhh, no, I raise 4x when it calls for it!)

On another note...funny enough, the moment Marquez dropped Pacman, I ALSO dropped...a bigass STRAIGHT FLUSH on UTH, CHA-CHING! For a $250 bonus payout.
The hand started with 7h7d, so I went 4x, flop comes 3d4d5d...BAM! DOWN GOES PACMAN!...BAM, The River comes 6d and a blank...
Dealer actually turned over Ad...killed most of the table with the nut-flush...but not my STRAIGHT FLUSH!
As it turns out...the entire weekend I did nothing but WIN at UTH...I made $100 friday night, then $100 saturDAY, then I hit the straightflush and made $300 SaturNIGHT, then I made another $100 on sunDAY (I just kept it at a $100 hit-n-run status)
On an interesting note...a lady I was playing next to...has hit the royal on average about 2x per year on UTH....and she plays about every weekend for a few hours...
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 10th, 2012 at 1:14:46 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

On an interesting note...a lady I was playing next to...has hit the royal on average about 2x per year on UTH....and she plays about every weekend for a few hours...

Wow TIMSPEED, that's crazy. Good for you.

I am suspicious of the lady next to you hitting royals twice a year. Even if she played four hours each day, forty hands per hour, for 50 Saturdays and Sundays each year, she would only "see" 16,000 hands. To hit a 1-40,000 hand event, twice each year for a number of years, seems fishy.

Mechanical problems could explain it, and your run of good "variance", so I'd keep it on the down low, lest they repair their shuffling machine.

Too bad about Pacman, but it just means the rematch will be that much bigger.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 10th, 2012 at 1:15:32 PM permalink
Do the words " beginner's luck" ring a bell? Just asking, that's all.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
December 10th, 2012 at 1:26:45 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Do the words " beginner's luck" ring a bell? Just asking, that's all.

No shit!
LoL, it was funny too..on SunDAY..I went over and started playing, and won like $50..and they immediately put new cards in...the FIRST HAND I hit a FullHouse, cashed out and left...a few minutes later, I looked...and they were closing the game down, HAHA!
And on the Royals...it was verified with a few other people and her Host...They have two different tables..one completely machine shuffled (deckmate's) and then another with a different shuffler (the kind that are like "behind" the table) and the dealers then AFTER the machine shuffle, do a shuffle/riffle of their own...The lady has hit ALL her royals on THAT table (everyone refers to it as the "hand shuffled" table)
So it does make me wonder, if the ADDITIONAL shuffle/riffle doesn't somehow put the cards BACK in order? (As I ALSO saw that table make quads TWICE, this weekend)
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 10th, 2012 at 1:45:54 PM permalink

...So it does make me wonder, if the ADDITIONAL shuffle/riffle doesn't somehow put the cards BACK in order? (As I ALSO saw that table make quads TWICE, this weekend)

Yuuup! At some point, "perfect" cuts and shuffles put the cards back in sequence. Magicians do it all the time. The machines are supposed to compensate for that by introducing some pseudo-random sorting. Of course, not all hand shuffles are the same, especially when performed post machine mix by a skilled dealer who has had an opportunity to peek during the riffle. So tipping generously, could help your cause.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
ultimateplayer
ultimateplayer
  • Threads: 0
December 17th, 2012 at 9:11:09 PM permalink
Check out my basic strategy at <ultimatetexasholdempoker.com> , and tell me what you think of the 2x and 1x bet strategies. I feel like the 4x bet strategy is pretty well known but that there are some differing opinions for the rest of the game.
sevenout77
sevenout77
  • Threads: 0
April 9th, 2013 at 11:08:34 PM permalink

So, I just really started playing this game...I've been practicing all week on the Wiz's site, and I've got the strategy down pretty well...
Some funny things I've noticed at the table...
- The dealers always seem to give bad advice (ie: Admonishing me for NOT playing the TRIPS, saying "That's where the money's at!"
- The players SELDOMLY raise 4x! (Even when they have the cards to do it); Hell, they barely raise 2x after the flop!
- I am a damn lucky player, who all the dealers say "You play way too aggresive, you raise 4x on everything!" (Uhh, no, I raise 4x when it calls for it!)

On another note...funny enough, the moment Marquez dropped Pacman, I ALSO dropped...a bigass STRAIGHT FLUSH on UTH, CHA-CHING! For a $250 bonus payout.
The hand started with 7h7d, so I went 4x, flop comes 3d4d5d...BAM! DOWN GOES PACMAN!...BAM, The River comes 6d and a blank...
Dealer actually turned over Ad...killed most of the table with the nut-flush...but not my STRAIGHT FLUSH!
As it turns out...the entire weekend I did nothing but WIN at UTH...I made $100 friday night, then $100 saturDAY, then I hit the straightflush and made $300 SaturNIGHT, then I made another $100 on sunDAY (I just kept it at a $100 hit-n-run status)

No shit! coincidently simultaniously I as well done the same thing @JANugget
66 inside Booooooom Seven out!!!!
UTHfan
UTHfan
  • Threads: 17
April 10th, 2013 at 8:58:54 AM permalink
With respect to the odds of this or that, on the Wiz's game, I hit a RF twice on the same day when I first started practicing. So, I may have used up all my luck.
  • Jump to: