cottonfreak
cottonfreak
  • Threads: 3
October 10th, 2012 at 5:25:06 PM permalink
Hi I found a 3 card poker game where the ante pays regardless if the dealer doesnt qualify with queen high. Just wanted to confirm this actually resulted in a player advantage and that it's profitable to play anytime the dealer didn't show an ace, king or queen.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
October 10th, 2012 at 5:30:59 PM permalink
Uh, the player ANTE is supposed to pay out/win whenever the dealer doesn't qualify.
It's the PLAY bet that never pays, when the dealer doesn't qualify nwith at least a Queen.
See Three card poker specifications/details.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 10th, 2012 at 5:47:57 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

Uh, the player ANTE is supposed to pay out/win whenever the dealer doesn't qualify.
It's the PLAY bet that never pays, when the dealer doesn't qualify nwith at least a Queen.
See Three card poker specifications/details.

Dan,

Everywhere I've ever played 3CP (and I'm pretty sure I do mean everywhere), the dealer has returned the ante and paid the play when they didn't qualify. Usually, the dealer pushes the ante back/out-of-the-way, then turns the player's cards and pays the play bet. Is that really not the way that you dealt it?

-Ross

edit: I do realize that it's a semantic argument since the bets are required to be equal...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
October 10th, 2012 at 5:58:35 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 10th, 2012 at 5:59:48 PM permalink
Assuming that the question is what happens when BOTH the Ante and Play are paid even when the dealer does not qualify, then I'm getting a player advantage of about 16.5% by taking the table on the WoO site and changing a 1 unit payment to be 2 units on the Ante table (19.8825% chance * 2 unit win, rather than 19.885% chance * 1 unit win). That would still assume that the player only played the normal optimal strategy, and I'm sure there's also a strategy change to make...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
October 11th, 2012 at 3:10:13 AM permalink
Rdw, just a small point here, This is really hard for me but ..Dan..Is..Right. ;)
When the dealer does not qualify,
The play wager gets no action and is kicked back. The ante gets paid.
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
  • Jump to: