mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
December 5th, 2010 at 12:28:43 AM permalink
I'm making a completely unscientific, guesstimate line for this game, based on nothing in particular:

Auburn -3
Over/Under 48.5

I actually expect this game to be a struggle, with yardage a lot harder to gain than some observers might expect. The defenses of these teams don't get the press, but they are both very good. I expect Auburn to use the same strategy Ohio used against the Ducks in last year's Rose Bowl: ball control offense.

I hope the line is skewed toward Auburn as I will feel obligated to bet SOMETHING on Oregon--Go Ducks!
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
December 5th, 2010 at 5:14:28 AM permalink
I agree with you on the spread, Aub -3 to -6.5. But I think the O/U will be in the high 60's maybe even 70.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 5th, 2010 at 10:45:09 AM permalink
This game's a no-brainer. Look at it as strong-willed conservatives vs. a team of sissified liberals. Not only did Auburn have a far more difficult schedule to gut through, Oregon's showed several times that whenever they DO play a better-than-average team, their offense is just nominal. I expect to see the Oregon pussies go down by at least 20. By halftime, even the announcers will be making fun of all the hair on the Oregonian women's legs.
  • Jump to: