JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
November 26th, 2010 at 4:28:10 PM permalink
You all saw where I made a bundle last week with the OVER in Atl/St. L. Of course, mkl waited until I was correct before claiming I bet a hundred bucks instead of the COMBINED total of $10,000 I really made. (BTW, how many times have I said it was a combination of Vegas & on-line betting....is he EVER right??). Poor mkl, trying to make it up on the go again as he claimed I didn't make the bet since I'd have to fill out a cash transaction form over $10k if I won. But maybe this was one of those liberal "teachable moments" the guy longs for by understanding that since he believes I LOSE thousands on every vp trip, he'd get it that I transact over $10,000 many times each year. Does he EVER get anything right??

So even though I'm not placing any bets this week (and YES mkl, if you knew anything about sports betting you'd comprehend that I'm getting somewhere around $19,000 back...is he EVER right??) I urge any and all to follow my lead on this one if you like money.

Chicago +3.5 over Philly.

Wizard, I felt there was more value in betting the OVER than taking Atlanta to cover because of the 2 defensive backs illnesses (and mkl, I don't know if the books knew or not, but I actually kept track of the movement and the line held steady at the point I heard what I heard...do you EVER get anything right??). The Ram's QB seemed very capable of scoring lots of points so that bet was more solid to me than just betting Atlanta.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 26th, 2010 at 4:37:06 PM permalink
We should follow your lead and not place any money, right? :)

That extra half a point is rather juicy though, and if I was able, I'd also be betting the Bears on that line. Home dogs? Gotta love 'em.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
November 26th, 2010 at 5:19:01 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

That extra half a point is rather juicy though, and if I was able, I'd also be betting the Bears on that line. Home dogs? Gotta love 'em.

No. Bet the farm and daughter. I'm not betting again until I collect on my last set, if I do at all.

Maybe I should become a handicapper.
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
November 26th, 2010 at 7:03:52 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

You all saw where I made a bundle last week with the OVER in Atl/St. L. Of course, mkl waited until I was correct before claiming I bet a hundred bucks instead of the COMBINED total of $10,000 I really made. (BTW, how many times have I said it was a combination of Vegas & on-line betting....is he EVER right??). Poor mkl, trying to make it up on the go again as he claimed I didn't make the bet since I'd have to fill out a cash transaction form over $10k if I won. But maybe this was one of those liberal "teachable moments" the guy longs for by understanding that since he believes I LOSE thousands on every vp trip, he'd get it that I transact over $10,000 many times each year. Does he EVER get anything right??

So even though I'm not placing any bets this week (and YES mkl, if you knew anything about sports betting you'd comprehend that I'm getting somewhere around $19,000 back...is he EVER right??) I urge any and all to follow my lead on this one if you like money.

Jerry, you may very well have made the bet as you stated. We'll never actually know, since all we have to go on is your word. I also presume you would have told us about the huge bets you LOST in prior weeks--right????

Some people were actually hoping you would behave when you returned from purgatory. We can dream...
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
mkl654321
mkl654321
November 26th, 2010 at 7:10:25 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

And if this bet wins, we will stand in awe in the presence of a handicapping genius. After all, no one has EVER CORRECTLY PICKED TWO GAMES IN A ROW before!!! (This presumes that JL didn't make a huge bet in Week 10 that we didn't hear about, because it totally tanked.)
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 170
November 26th, 2010 at 7:22:18 PM permalink

Chicago +3.5 over Philly.

(low whistle......) wow. I look for Philly to roll this one, win huge. OTOH, I don't bet sports, so that makes my opinion worth what it cost you to read it.

I await the result with eyebrow raised.

BTW, let me get this straight; you haven't been paid on the last bet, and fear you might not be? ("I'm not betting again until I collect on my last set, if I do at all.") WTF? Explain this, if you don't mind; like I said, I don't bet sports. How does it work that you might not collect? I would assume that had you lost, someone would expect to collect from you, after all.
NO KILL I
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 402
November 26th, 2010 at 8:10:54 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

We'll never actually know, since all we have to go on is your word.

Boy, look who's making this statement. I could jump all over it would both feet, but what would it prove...
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 40
November 26th, 2010 at 8:11:51 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

... BTW, let me get this straight; you haven't been paid on the last bet, and fear you might not be? ("I'm not betting again until I collect on my last set, if I do at all.") WTF? ...

Just in case (1) Jerry is slow to answer and explain and (2) our resident English teacher doesn't comment to explain the various alternative meanings of these words, I'll take my shot -- I interpreted Jerry's "if I do at all" as meaning if he does bet again, perhaps meaning for the rest of the season. But you may have his meaning right; I think his wording is ambiguous.
mkl654321
mkl654321
November 26th, 2010 at 8:22:45 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Boy, look who's making this statement. I could jump all over it would both feet, but what would it prove...

Anybody can claim anything they want on the internet. However, I haven't made any false claims about what I am or what I do. I realize that you're saying that I'm a liar, Bob, but you don't know that one way or the other, so your accusation is kind of stupid; as you say, your accusation doesn't prove diddly.
mkl654321
mkl654321
November 26th, 2010 at 8:27:38 PM permalink

Wizard, I felt there was more value in betting the OVER than taking Atlanta to cover because of the 2 defensive backs illnesses (and mkl, I don't know if the books knew or not, but I actually kept track of the movement and the line held steady at the point I heard what I heard...do you EVER get anything right??). The Ram's QB seemed very capable of scoring lots of points so that bet was more solid to me than just betting Atlanta.

The fact that the line didn't move didn't mean that the books were UNAWARE of the defensive backs' illnesses, Jerry. It meant that unlike you, they didn't consider it all that significant. Again, please don't put words in my mouth. I never said the line didn't move--I said that it was extremely unlikely that the books were unaware of your "inside information": in other words, your "inside information" was actually common knowledge, and no basis for making a bet at all, since the line obviously took it into account.

• Jump to: