Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
May 24th, 2017 at 9:38:55 AM permalink
Is mobile betting (e.g., via a phone app) allowed in any Las Vegas arenas/stadiums? The LVRJ had an article regarding technology to block mobile betting apps in the new Raider's stadium, but is it currently allowed at other venues (e.g., while sitting in the stands at a 51's game)?

Seems hypocritical to block in-game betting, but allow advertisement or sponsorship from companies that provide this service in the venue. Maybe a William Hill kiosk will be allowed? If blocked in the building, will it be allowed in the parking lot?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
May 24th, 2017 at 9:47:40 AM permalink
In general, any mobile blocking device, similar to a wifi hot spot, must be within a certain range of your device to work. Thus, if a stadium did have a mobile blocker, I'd be quite willing to bet that if you were a couple hundred feet away from the stadium that you wouldn't be affected by it. Think if it was a wifi hot spot... When you walk about a football field away, you're no longer in range of the hot spot (or affected by a blocker).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
May 24th, 2017 at 10:44:08 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Is mobile betting (e.g., via a phone app) allowed in any Las Vegas arenas/stadiums? The LVRJ had an article regarding technology to block mobile betting apps in the new Raider's stadium, but is it currently allowed at other venues (e.g., while sitting in the stands at a 51's game)?

Seems hypocritical to block in-game betting, but allow advertisement or sponsorship from companies that provide this service in the venue. Maybe a William Hill kiosk will be allowed? If blocked in the building, will it be allowed in the parking lot?

I don't believe they will block mobile betting in the stadium. They are just wanting to prevent them from opening sports books or betting kiosks in the stadium. I have made mobile bets at the college games before.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 24th, 2017 at 12:31:21 PM permalink
Is there betting on a 51s game?
If there isn't, why would sitting at a game be any different from sitting at a Penn and Teller show?
Couldn't someone at the stadium simply text someone outside to make the best for them?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: