IAchance5
IAchance5
  • Threads: 41
May 12th, 2017 at 5:58:43 AM permalink
I know that future bets are definitely "Dead Money" sucker bets, so I rarely (if ever) buy them, but do you get the "Best Odds" on a good team prior to the season? I really like a college basketball team this coming season to win the championship, so much so that I am actually contemplating throwing a small amount on the future bet...since I don't make these bets often, I don't even know how much fluctuating they do throughout the long college basketball season. Thanks!
beachmonkey
beachmonkey
  • Threads: 6
May 12th, 2017 at 6:42:09 AM permalink
Quote: IAchance5

I know that future bets are definitely "Dead Money" sucker bets, so I rarely (if ever) buy them, but do you get the "Best Odds" on a good team prior to the season? I really like a college basketball team this coming season to win the championship, so much so that I am actually contemplating throwing a small amount on the future bet...since I don't make these bets often, I don't even know how much fluctuating they do throughout the long college basketball season. Thanks!

Get a fixed odds, case in example English premier league 2015/16 Leicester city to win competition 5000- to 1 many diehard fans took that fixed odd bet. They're very happy. Towards the end of that season that team odds came down to $3:50-1 or so. Get in early get good odds. Doesn't happen a lot but get fixed odds bet small outlay if wins Huge return. 2005 Australia one punter had bet tigers plus swans to double grand final for that year. He had placed $100 bet for previous ten years no success, that year he stood to win $1million as both had reached grand finals ( two different competition ) the local bookies here offered him $750 000. To lay off the bet , I believe he took the chance to win the double. He won. If he left the bet until that last week before he bet on his two teams he would have received $350 return for his $100 outlay.
I would take this moment to remind you that had you done the same thing for Chicago cubs forty years ago for every year you need to do the math on that one. Mind you many cub fan died before see that historic event.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
May 12th, 2017 at 12:14:02 PM permalink
Futures bets are often good. The take out is often arround 20%. However, the prices can vary enough from one book to the next to offset that. So just look around.

You also get something to root for all year long on one bet.

The odds tend to shift a lot in season but it's very hard to predict how they will shift. Particularly if you will not be scouring lines all year, I'd say, just find the best price now and grab it.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
May 12th, 2017 at 9:47:13 PM permalink
Shop around and bet some early. Others have mentioned on this site (sorry I forget who) just waiting for the Tourney to start and then money line parlay your team through every round. 6 wins in a row will win the NCAA Championship.
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
May 12th, 2017 at 10:47:07 PM permalink
Very unlikely in college basketball that you'd get a better number on the team pre season, than just doing a running money line parlay for six straight games come tournament time. And, you don't have your money tied up all year, and if you decided to pull out after 4 games and take your profit you can.
IAchance5
IAchance5
  • Threads: 41
May 13th, 2017 at 5:54:23 AM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Shop around and bet some early. Others have mentioned on this site (sorry I forget who) just waiting for the Tourney to start and then money line parlay your team through every round. 6 wins in a row will win the NCAA Championship.

It didn't even dawn on me to do that....that's would definitely pay out more than the future bet....thanks
  • Jump to: