ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 2925
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:08:49 PM permalink
Apparently, it's never too early to put out a line on the Super Bowl.

Westgate has the Patriots as 3-point favorites, with the Over/Under at 57.5.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 3428
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:14:50 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Apparently, it's never too early to put out a line on the Super Bowl.

Westgate has the Patriots as 3-point favorites, with the Over/Under at 57.5.



I'm an under guy but I can see the total number going up before game time.
speedycrap
speedycrap
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 621
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:19:06 PM permalink
Brady time again.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 8878
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:30:40 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

I'm an under guy but I can see the total number going up before game time.



So, does that mean you can buy a low under and lock it in now, or does buying the under now mean you get whatever the o/u line is at game time? I think it has to be locked when you buy, but I can see them doing it the other way, too. Kind of like horse racing, where the odds change until post time.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 3584
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:42:25 PM permalink
-3 -110 pats
-145 ml
O/u 58.5 at wh app
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 3428
January 22nd, 2017 at 6:52:36 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

So, does that mean you can buy a low under and lock it in now, or does buying the under now mean you get whatever the o/u line is at game time? I think it has to be locked when you buy, but I can see them doing it the other way, too. Kind of like horse racing, where the odds change until post time.



No your ticket is at whatever line you buy in at. If I'm right, the under player would wait for the line to go up and the over player would buy now. Of course you can also get burnt this way if the line moves the other way.
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 3584
January 22nd, 2017 at 11:38:33 PM permalink
Interested in seeing some prop bets if anyone has any sheets. Also, Wizard are you going to be analyzing bets this year?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
wudged
wudged
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 989
January 23rd, 2017 at 6:08:23 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

So, does that mean you can buy a low under and lock it in now, or does buying the under now mean you get whatever the o/u line is at game time? I think it has to be locked when you buy, but I can see them doing it the other way, too. Kind of like horse racing, where the odds change until post time.



Horse betting works that way because all the betting money goes into a pool and is then divided up among the winners. Sports betting is straight up against the house.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 2925
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:45:02 AM permalink
Quick - somebody head to the Westgate; if this is not a misprint on ESPN's part (which it probably is), this is the Ultra Mega Hyper Extreme AP Of The Decade.

ESPN lists one of Westgate's props as follows:

WHO WILL HAVE MORE:
**(Thunder/Warriors -- Feb. 6); prop closes at 6:05 p.m. PT

KEVIN DURANT (OKC) POINTS -6.5 -110
PEYTON MANNING (DEN) COMPLETIONS +6.5 -110

If the bet appears this way at the Westgate, bet the house, the car, the farm, and the things (especially the things) on Manning - then, after the Thunder-Warriors game on 2/6, point out that the bet clearly says "Kevin Durant (OKC)" and no one named Kevin Durant plays for the Thunder as he plays for the Warriors now...

Even if Manning is hurt, his bet is +6.5.
kmumf
kmumf
Joined: Jul 5, 2011
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 172
January 23rd, 2017 at 10:03:41 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Quick - somebody head to the Westgate; if this is not a misprint on ESPN's part (which it probably is), this is the Ultra Mega Hyper Extreme AP Of The Decade.

ESPN lists one of Westgate's props as follows:

WHO WILL HAVE MORE:
**(Thunder/Warriors -- Feb. 6); prop closes at 6:05 p.m. PT

KEVIN DURANT (OKC) POINTS -6.5 -110
PEYTON MANNING (DEN) COMPLETIONS +6.5 -110

If the bet appears this way at the Westgate, bet the house, the car, the farm, and the things (especially the things) on Manning - then, after the Thunder-Warriors game on 2/6, point out that the bet clearly says "Kevin Durant (OKC)" and no one named Kevin Durant plays for the Thunder as he plays for the Warriors now...

Even if Manning is hurt, his bet is +6.5.



This whole post just hurt my brain. Is this from last year?

  • Jump to: