FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 103
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
May 22nd, 2017 at 4:51:59 AM permalink
Gunnevera bled. I think that cost him 3rd.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
May 22nd, 2017 at 4:54:35 AM permalink
My hot tip for the week:

Friday 5/26 - Arlington Park - Race 4 - #1 Heir Jordan

(I'm part-owner of him, so it's not really a hot tip, just a horse who needs to run well!)
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 128
May 22nd, 2017 at 5:16:17 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

My hot tip for the week:

Friday 5/26 - Arlington Park - Race 4 - #1 Heir Jordan

(I'm part-owner of him, so it's not really a hot tip, just a horse who needs to run well!)

I like odds on the rail, but it's a scary bet on your horse that never has been in the money. I'm tempted to bet prime numbers and 9 in that race and I usually don't do or think that, I dont think.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 23rd, 2017 at 12:11:29 AM permalink
Always Dreaming and Cloud Computing won't be in the Belmont, Cloud Computing might, but not likely.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 84
May 23rd, 2017 at 1:54:37 AM permalink
for many years all my racetrack betting has been done online. very convenient and efficient and cheaper. when you win the money won stays in your account and depending on the book takes 4 to 7 days to be eligible for transfer back to your checking account and then another couple of days for it to actually get in there. then when it does get there it's just numbers on a screen. i feel like this has taken some of the joy out of the game. some of the joy in betting at the track was from actually getting real green money from the teller when you won and putting in your hand and going home. also, there is something to be said for being around other people when you're betting instead of being alone in front of a computer screen. i think i'm going to go back to the track for this reason. i realize that this is not a logical decision. but sometimes a person's feelings win out over logic. i'm wondering if you other guys who bet horses have similar feelings.
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.
FinsRule
FinsRule
May 23rd, 2017 at 4:03:00 AM permalink
Rooster, I agree 100%. I've recently made the decision to decrease my online betting significantly. I'd do a ton of handicapping, make $50 in bets for a Saturday, win $60, and then that $50 is trapped in there for me to lose on bets I didn't really do much thought on.

So I've made the decision, if it's worth me betting my hard earned money on, it's worth me driving 7 minutes to the OTB. That's also the good thing about contests - they'll give you all of your money immediately after winning.

To your other point, I'd go to the track every weekend if I could, but with the little kids, it's just not realistic. So if I'm playing on a Saturday, I'll handicap late Friday or early Saturday when the kids are sleeping. Then go to the OTB pretty early in the day. Then I can watch the 3-4 races I've bet on during the day while being with the kids. A horse race is only 2 minutes, so it doesn't interfere too much.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 23rd, 2017 at 5:05:18 PM permalink
Plenty of people toss money around at either place.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 24th, 2017 at 7:36:38 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Sounds like a love festival for Always Dreaming
Anyone willing to give me 25/1 that Always Dreaming never wins a stakes race again in his career before retirement?

Wish someone would have gone for this or tried negotiating.
At this point, I'd have pretty much won the bet.
Quote: drf

DRF Track Info - Belmont Park

Back to Track Info Index

2012 Racing Dates

Belmont Park logo April 27 - July 15
September 8 - October 28

Belmont Park Track Layout

Belmont Park Track Layout

Main Track: One and one-half Mile, oval.
Widener Turf: One and 5/16 Miles, 27 Feet.
Inner Turf: One and 3/16 Miles, 103 Feet.
Distance from last turn to finish line: 1,097 Feet.

Takeout Information

Win, place, and show: 16%
Daily Double, Quinella, and Exacta wagering: 18.5%
Trifecta, Pick Three, Pick Four, Superfecta and Grand Slam wagering: 24%
Pick 6 wagering: 24% (16% on non-carryover days)

Wait a second, 2012. This might not be accurate, probably worse by now.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
May 25th, 2017 at 11:03:19 AM permalink
Those are not the right takeout rates at NYRA tracks, and they are not "worse by now." I can't begin to imagine why anyone would be archiving what is apparently a cut and paste of an old screen grab of a five year old DRF race meet blurb somewhere on the web, since it was not likely to have ever been accurate even on the day it was created half a decade ago. Some of it is highly misleading, involving distribution of carryover pools as if that was the takeout on your wager, while a portion of what it contains (for doubles and pick-3s and single race multi-horse wagers) was and is pretty much right, probably by random accident. But here are current actual rates for the bigger ticket exotics & for straight wagers published by NYRA as required by the NY State Gaming Commission:

Quote: NYRA

TAKEOUT INFORMATION
Takeout (percentage of each dollar wagered retained by racetrack)
15 percent Pick 6 (non carryover pools)
15 percent Pick 5
16 percent Win, Place, Show

Last edited by: DrawingDead on May 25, 2017
Nevermind.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 84
May 25th, 2017 at 2:35:26 PM permalink
correct me if i'm wrong Dead, but NYRA tracks are among very few if there are any others who break the change down to the dime instead of the 20 cent point. i.e. a place bet on a favorite might pay $3.90 whereas at most if not all other tracks it would pay $3.80. if a player bets favorites or place and show over time this can amount to a significant difference.
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.

• Jump to: