steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
April 23rd, 2016 at 8:12:13 AM permalink
I've toying with finding a way to systematically pick daily fantasy league baseball teams on Fan Duel. I have been playing $1 per while I try to find something that works. I feel that I a getting closer, but always find that 1 or 2 guys with O-fers leave me out of the money. When I avoid those, they're nice payoffs.
Any players out there with suggestions on how to better filter out those?
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
steeldco
steeldco
April 23rd, 2016 at 11:17:21 AM permalink
After a little research I found a site with pitcher vs. batter stats. I'm going to incorporate using anyone with high OPS numbers vs. pitchers under the presumption that a manager wouldn't be dumb enough to sit a player with good numbers. Still looking for other ways to eliminate the 0's.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
beachmonkey
beachmonkey
  • Threads: 6
May 27th, 2016 at 4:59:01 AM permalink
Steeldco , l know nothing re baseball, but, this may seem lame and whatever ; does the moneyball idea work ? It may take a bit of work to get the data in a workable format. lots of time l would think. Once you get the database and in conjunction with your other selection methods and knowldge ,maybe get you a bit closer to the answer of your question. Look forward to feedback.
steeldco
steeldco
May 27th, 2016 at 5:09:01 AM permalink
Hey beachmonkey, I've being toying around in the baseball fantasy leagues and so far have been unsuccessful. I have not found that winning combination. But I haven't given up either. It seemed initially that what I had developed for the MLB money line picks, would help in the fantasy leagues, but it does not. I think it is because pitching carries much less weight when I pick against the money lines, whereas it is a very integral piece to being right in the Fantasy Leagues.
  • Jump to: