GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 68
May 10th, 2016 at 11:45:50 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Your horn? It was annoying as hell tonight. And who doesn't love the Caps horn?? haha Still dumbfounded how the Pens won the series...hot goalie? Caps biggest slump of the year? I'm hoping the Blues don't follow history in Game 7 tomorrow because they are easily the best team left; But since the Blues are the Cubs of the NHL, I'm not holding my breath. And I likely won't watch most of the game tomorrow thanks to travel...grrr And if the Blues win tomorrow, go Predators! We suck against the Sharks/Ducks in recent years. We are 4-1 (1 OT win) vs. NSH, but 1-2 vs. SJ.

At least on TV I don't notice the horn at other places. The horn here is so loud that the announcers have to stop talking. When you are in the arena it is defining. I enjoy hearing the arena loud because of the fans and not the extras.

Oh btw, I am talking about the siren after a goal and not so much the horn while the puck is in play thst tries to get the fans chanting.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 7
May 11th, 2016 at 12:39:10 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

At least on TV I don't notice the horn at other places. The horn here is so loud that the announcers have to stop talking. When you are in the arena it is defining. I enjoy hearing the arena loud because of the fans and not the extras.

Oh btw, I am talking about the siren after a goal and not so much the horn while the puck is in play thst tries to get the fans chanting.

Looking up your announcing team, if it would make Mike Lange stop on the radio, then it's too loud. haha That guy is great! But yes, I was talking about the goal horn. It was louder than I expected on the NBC Sports broadcast tonight.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
May 11th, 2016 at 6:29:45 AM permalink
Tonight will be a huge game...Blues & Stars, Game 7, Excellent!

Missed Pens/Caps game but was watching score on the phone...3-0 Pens, well guess that game is over! WTF, 3-3 and going to OT!!

I think Sharkies pull it out on Thursday, of course I biased as a Cali resident and now have come to hate Preds based on the Ducks meltdown...does anyone else think Pekka just isn't as good a goalie anymore as everyone makes him out to be? It is rebound central with Pekka and alwyas kicks them right into the high slot...Ducks just never had a man in position. Am surprised SJS didn't wipe those Preds out in 5 at most 6 games. Preds "run" ends tmrw.

I do think Blues come out of the West if they can make it out of Big D. No guarantees on that!

Gotta love this time of year...
Attempting to add value one post at a time
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
May 11th, 2016 at 3:20:38 PM permalink
I am nervously optimistic about the Blues game tonight. I think they are in a better position mentally than they've ever been to deal with messing up in the 1st period of game 6, and then come back strong tonight.

However, it always makes me nervous when it's down to one game, as one little bounce, bump, bad penalty, bad offside call/non-call, broken stick, or anything else can make the difference between winning and losing. Especially with two teams so evenly matched. The Blues could dominate most of the game and still find themselves down 2-1 or 3-2 due to Lehtonen standing on his head, or getting help from the posts and crossbar. One bad bounce could turn a power play into a short handed breakaway.

I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping that Tarasenko can use his quick release to find the back of the net tonight, as well as Backes clogging up the middle of the slot and redirecting a shot from the point in.

LGB!
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
May 11th, 2016 at 9:45:24 PM permalink
Well I get that the Blues fans are happy with the win, but I hope we get a little more entertaining Game 7 tomorrow in the Sharks/Preds match up.
Attempting to add value one post at a time
GWAE
GWAE
May 12th, 2016 at 3:06:25 AM permalink
That was the most boring game to watch outside of St l
GWAE
GWAE
May 12th, 2016 at 3:59:53 PM permalink
Sorry for you SJ fans. I just took them at -1.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 36
May 12th, 2016 at 4:16:43 PM permalink

Sorry for you SJ fans. I just took them at -1.

I'm thinking I should bet the other way. You seem to be such a loser ;-) How do I do that? Is this stuff legal? How much did you bet, I'm thinking double on the opposite result ?

<edit > if you wish to say 'bite me' you can just cut and paste from here ..........
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
GWAE
GWAE
May 12th, 2016 at 5:23:01 PM permalink
Haha yeah I am possibly the worst sports bettor out there. I am 41% on lines with MLB thus year so nashville +1 should be a lock. This will be $40 down the drain.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 9
May 20th, 2016 at 9:38:45 PM permalink

Was the caps pens game as fun to watch for anyone else. I loved that they weren't calling any penalties other than the ones they basically had to call.

Sorry, have not been around much. Congrats to the Pens! They really hammered the Caps and took the series. Murray in Game 3 (after 49 SOG!) was wonderful, he really made a big difference in the series. The series was not really about the "stars" Ove or the Kid. The better performing team won and advanced.

Still watching the playoff games and they have been entertaining. Not sure who is the best team left, but that is why they play the games...

• Jump to: