Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
April 28th, 2016 at 5:20:23 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

....4 straight Game 7 playoff losses was probably very difficult to watch for Ducks fans. So now that your team is out, do you cheer for another team or just check out until next year?...

I'll mostly check out until Finals...St Louis takes out Dallas (but it could be a good series), SJ takes care of Nashville (boring) and then gets smoked by the Blues. The Pens/Caps series will be interesting, I see the Pens winning that one and the Islanders/Tampa Bay series is again a bit of who cares as the winner gets smoked by the Pens.

But the Finals should be a good one and I will try and catch all 7 of those games on TV. I would be a Blues supporter in that Final match up as I think I have made my thoughts clear on the Cindy matter.
Attempting to add value one post at a time
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 66
April 28th, 2016 at 5:21:20 PM permalink

I am not a big NHL fan, but I am excited about this series. Feels like an early "Finals" even though it is just the 2nd round. Good luck to all.

I agree. Once I saw they would play each other I put $50 on both to win the cup and $50 on both to win the east. I can see this series going 7 games and the winner of this series sweeping the eastern finals.
GWAE
GWAE
April 28th, 2016 at 5:22:56 PM permalink

I am not a big NHL fan, but I am excited about this series. Feels like an early "Finals" even though it is just the 2nd round. Good luck to all.

I agree. Once I saw they would play each other I pit $50 on both to win the cup and $50 on both to win the east. I can see this series going 7 games and the winner of this series sweeping the eastern finals.

All I want to see is the winner of this series to sTay healthy so I have a better chance to win my bets.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 8
April 28th, 2016 at 6:59:54 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I agree. Once I saw they would play each other I put $50 on both to win the cup and $50 on both to win the east. I can see this series going 7 games and the winner of this series sweeping the eastern finals.

Best of luck with those wagers.
I just realized they do not re-seed (like in the past?) so this series is actually #1 vs #2 in the East (point-wise). Still learning this hockey stuff...
GWAE
GWAE
April 28th, 2016 at 7:07:54 PM permalink

Best of luck with those wagers.
I just realized they do not re-seed (like in the past?) so this series is actually #1 vs #2 in the East (point-wise). Still learning this hockey stuff...

Yeah its pretty crappy. They now have 2 divisions in the east. They seed them within their division instead of the entire east.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 8
April 29th, 2016 at 8:02:51 PM permalink
I was interested in the history of the fog horn/train horn/siren/songs played after a home goal is scored. So I did some googling and it started with a boat horn in the 70's in Chicago.

Do you have a favorite or one you dislike?

Favorite: STL Blues. Old school with the organ after the horn.
Least liked: Nashville. Country music and ice hockey just do not work.
GWAE
GWAE
April 30th, 2016 at 4:19:52 AM permalink
I absolutely hate the horn.
GWAE
GWAE
May 2nd, 2016 at 7:50:24 PM permalink
Thay pens game was entertaining. I love playoff hockey.
GWAE
GWAE
May 10th, 2016 at 8:32:55 PM permalink
Was the caps pens game as fun to watch for anyone else. I loved that they weren't calling any penalties other than the ones they basically had to call.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 7
May 10th, 2016 at 11:33:44 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I absolutely hate the horn.

Your horn? It was annoying as hell tonight. And who doesn't love the Caps horn?? haha Still dumbfounded how the Pens won the series...hot goalie? Caps biggest slump of the year? I'm hoping the Blues don't follow history in Game 7 tomorrow because they are easily the best team left; But since the Blues are the Cubs of the NHL, I'm not holding my breath. And I likely won't watch most of the game tomorrow thanks to travel...grrr And if the Blues win tomorrow, go Predators! We suck against the Sharks/Ducks in recent years. We are 4-1 (1 OT win) vs. NSH, but 1-2 vs. SJ.

Edit: I listened to all of the horns in the youtube. I was shocked to hear that the Blues was definitely the most "classic" song. The music has probably been played after every goal for decades now. I love it, but I'm biased. As for Nashville, I laughed at the song, but it fits. The thing that makes me mad though is it's tradition for them to yell at the opposing goalie, "Hey, you suck!" after every goal. That's pretty juvenile. Washington has that unique horn...will be missing that for sure for the rest of the playoffs. And also Chicago's song has grown on me, but it makes me want to drink an Amstel Light every time I hear it. I haven't drank one in 13 years...lol
Last edited by: tringlomane on May 11, 2016

• Jump to: