Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 62
June 14th, 2017 at 9:12:37 PM permalink
Quote: monet0412

Doesn't matter. When the cup was downtown LV years ago I got some pictures with it. Fake cup or real doesn't matter. The point is the Pittsburgh Penguins won it the last two years in a row and that Russian on the Capitals can't even make the final!! I find it hard to believe in this fake world that is basically all lies that they would allow the real cup to travel around and let players bathe babies in it and throw it in swimming pools. Most likely someone stole the original cup long ago and sold it to some private collector but once again the real issue is that the Penguins are the champs again and that isn't going to change no matter what!!

What's the point of this rant? I didn't give 2 $h!t$ who won or lost.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 16
June 14th, 2017 at 10:09:42 PM permalink
The Cup that travels is very real and is cared for by one person, Phil Pritchard, since 1988. He is always with the cup when it is not at the Hockey Hall of Fame and is one very famous Canadian. And yes, you can drink from it, swim with it, and party with it, provided that you won the cup.

Twitter account
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 274
June 15th, 2017 at 3:35:31 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

The Cup that travels is very real and is cared for by one person, Phil Pritchard, since 1988. He is always with the cup when it is not at the Hockey Hall of Fame and is one very famous Canadian. And yes, you can drink from it, swim with it, and party with it, provided that you won the cup.

The replica cup stands in for the real cup at the hall of fame when the real cup is being used.

I couldn't find out how many total rings there would be on the cup if they put all of them on. The quote from the Wikipedia article below suggests only one band is missing but I'm not sure it isn't more than one.

Since 1958, the Cup has undergone several minor alterations. The original collar and bowl were too brittle, and were replaced in 1963 and 1969, respectively. The modern one-piece Cup design was introduced in 1958, when the old barrel was replaced with a five-band barrel, each of which could contain 13 winning teams.[58] Although the bands were originally designed to fill up during the Cup's centennial year, the names of the 1965 Montreal Canadiens were engraved over a larger area than allotted and thus there are 12 teams on that band instead of 13.[59] When the bands were all filled in 1991, the top band of the large barrel was preserved in the Hockey Hall of Fame, and a new blank band was added to the bottom so the Stanley Cup would not grow further.
"We thank with brief thanksgiving Whatever gods may be That no man lives forever, That dead men rise up never" Nor any gambler the long run see ever ........apologies to Swinburne for that last line
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
June 15th, 2017 at 6:33:43 PM permalink
You can touch the travelling cup and all of the other trophies at the HoF. The original is kept in a vault, but is visible during hours. The older team tiers are straightened out and displayed, as well.

If you're a fan, the HoF is a must.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 66
June 17th, 2017 at 2:02:04 PM permalink
So we are driving up banksville Rd which is a 4 lane business district. My wife yells at me and points saying look that person has the stanley cup. They were walking out of Betos pizza. I did a quick u turn and flew to them. He was putting the cup in the front seat of his Bentley convertible so we just missed it. I decided to follow him, well him and an SUV which I presume was the cup keeper. I followed him for about 15 minutes until they were going to a high traffic area and I didn't want to get stuck in th traffic since we actually had somewhere to be.

I couldn't see who had the cup though so know I gotta figure that out. Fun times in a city with a stanley cup.

I wonder what the odds of actually driving by a random place and passing it within the 20 seconds it took to walk from door to car to see the cup.

At first my wife didnt think it was the cup because the person put it into their front seat. She figured it would be in the case and in the trunk. I confirmed it was the real one on betos pizza instagram.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 16
June 17th, 2017 at 8:31:10 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

So we are driving up banksville Rd which is a 4 lane business district. My wife yells at me and points saying look that person has the stanley cup. They were walking out of Betos pizza. I did a quick u turn and flew to them. He was putting the cup in the front seat of his Bentley convertible so we just missed it. I decided to follow him, well him and an SUV which I presume was the cup keeper. I followed him for about 15 minutes until they were going to a high traffic area and I didn't want to get stuck in th traffic since we actually had somewhere to be.

I couldn't see who had the cup though so know I gotta figure that out. Fun times in a city with a stanley cup.

I wonder what the odds of actually driving by a random place and passing it within the 20 seconds it took to walk from door to car to see the cup.

At first my wife didnt think it was the cup because the person put it into their front seat. She figured it would be in the case and in the trunk. I confirmed it was the real one on betos pizza instagram.

@keeperofthecup documents that the cup was in Pittsburgh today and it was at a number of pizza places, hockey rinks, etc today. There was even a twitter picture of someone with the cup in their car today and another facebook post of a photographer with the cup in their vehicle.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 62
June 17th, 2017 at 9:04:19 PM permalink
Betos is some good pizza. Especially when you get sick of the Eat n Park all the time.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"

• Jump to: