lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 851
December 26th, 2015 at 4:31:34 PM permalink
the 76ers are 1-30 with a .032 win %
the Warriors are 29-1 with a phenomenal .966 win %

the worst record ever was Charlotte's in the shortened 2011-2012 season when they went 7-56 for a .106 win %
the best record ever was the Chicago Bull's in the 95-96 season when they went 72-10 for a .878 win %
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 3934
December 27th, 2015 at 7:02:39 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

the 76ers are 1-30 with a .032 win %
the Warriors are 29-1 with a phenomenal .966 win %

the worst record ever was Charlotte's in the shortened 2011-2012 season when they went 7-56 for a .106 win %
the best record ever was the Chicago Bull's in the 95-96 season when they went 72-10 for a .878 win %



76ers.... 5-77
Warriors 73-9
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 5344
December 27th, 2015 at 7:43:44 AM permalink
I always thought Golden State (warriors) was a college team. Just looked it up. Huh, interesting. Well -- now I know.
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 9045
December 27th, 2015 at 2:54:31 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I always thought Golden State (warriors) was a college team. Just looked it up. Huh, interesting. Well -- now I know.



Not paying a lot of attention to the NBA these days, but Stephen Curry is exceptional for them, and worth a watch if you get the chance.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 137
  • Posts: 3550
December 27th, 2015 at 3:52:52 PM permalink
Sixers are 1-0 with Ish Smith back. Bigger issue is why isn't the league complaining about the Lakers tanking? Perhaps because they want Ben Simmons in LA next year.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 851
December 28th, 2015 at 9:32:41 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Not paying a lot of attention to the NBA these days, but Stephen Curry is exceptional for them, and worth a watch if you get the chance.




Curry's free throw action for his career is slightly over .900. If he finishes his career as such I'm pretty sure he'll be the only player in the history of the NBA other than Rick Barry to ever accomplish that. Barry shot his free throws underhand. In the '78, '79 season he made 160 out of 169 free throws for .947. Unbelievable. In '10, '11 Curry made 212 out of 227 free throws for .934. Deadeye stuff.
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 3229
December 28th, 2015 at 12:01:50 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Curry's free throw action for his career is slightly over .900. If he finishes his career as such I'm pretty sure he'll be the only player in the history of the NBA other than Rick Barry to ever accomplish that. Barry shot his free throws underhand. In the '78, '79 season he made 160 out of 169 free throws for .947. Unbelievable. In '10, '11 Curry made 212 out of 227 free throws for .934. Deadeye stuff.



Steve Nash is the NBA leader in free throw percentage and Mark Price is second. Steph Curry is currently third.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 137
  • Posts: 3550
January 13th, 2016 at 7:31:35 AM permalink
Huge win for the Sixers last night in LA! What you say, they didn't even play. But the Lakers beat NO and it looks like they are starting to play better and are closing in on the Nets and Pelicans.

This increases the chance of their pick falling out of the Top 3, meaning it conveys to the Sixers giving them 4 1st rounds picks along with Saric from Europe and perhaps Embild next year.

This team may yet have a bright future.
Gabes22
Gabes22
Joined: Jul 19, 2011
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 1236
January 13th, 2016 at 8:34:45 AM permalink
The 2nd half of the NBA season is when the dog days ramp up and tanking takes full effect. I think the Sixers will get to at least 10 wins, what the Warriors have to battle is the fact that they will have a long time from clinching the playoffs and the top seed to stay motivated until the playoffs begin, but the Warriors IMO are more likely to break the record than the Sixers are of the one they could break
Warriors 74-8
Sixers 12-70
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 851
January 15th, 2016 at 3:22:41 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Steve Nash is the NBA leader in free throw percentage and Mark Price is second. Steph Curry is currently third.



How about Andre Drummond of the Pistons. He could be the worst ever. This season he's made just 99 of 278 for .356. The only one worse that I know about is Chris Dudley who in '89, 90 made 58 of 182 for .313. They're laughable. Probably 80% of middle school b-ball players could outshoot them from the line.
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.

  • Jump to: