kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
December 17th, 2015 at 7:59:03 PM permalink
The Phila 76ers are now 1-26 on the season. They have lost 3 straight by 20 points and it doesn't look any easier with upcoming games against Knicks, Cleveland, and Memphis before heading out on a 6 game road trip. I guess the one possibility is that the road trip ends in LA with a game against the Lakers, the one team they have beaten this year.

So are the 76ers headed for the worst record ever, which they hold at 9-73 for a 82 game season (1972-73 season)? Charlotte posted a 7-59 record in a strike shortened 66 game season in 2012, which is a slightly worse winning percentage.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
December 17th, 2015 at 10:59:16 PM permalink
I think they are, I don't see 9 wins on their schedule. Management has made that team a disgrace, tanking is one thing but what they are doing is not right. They have no veterans on the team to help the young guys progress. They have hung the coach out to dry, he literally doesn't have a starting calibre guard on the team. I am not saying you can't lose a bunch of games and get a top pick but sign a veteran big man to work with Okafor and Noel. Teach them the way of life in the NBA. Sign a veteran PG who can properly run system and get these kids the ball in spots where they can thrive. All they have are players 25 and under, how do you expect them to get better. Also the losing has got to be so hard to deal with for these players. Jahlil Okafor has lost more games this year than he lost in college, high school and youth ball combined!
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
nathalie567
nathalie567
  • Threads: 0
December 17th, 2015 at 11:06:09 PM permalink
so nice infos.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 18th, 2015 at 4:19:58 AM permalink
It's a mess, but the future can still be bright with all the potential picks coming and a lot of "if's". Okafor is lost on defense and that may not change. Nerlens has went backwards this year and may not fit with Okafor. Saric is having an OK Season in Europe, but nothing that makes you think he is a difference maker. Joel Embilb is still a gamble. The Lakers are almost as bad and the Top 3 protected pick for next year has a good chance of staying in LA.

But the OKC and Miami picks should be fine so they will have at least 3 First Round picks and a lot of money to spend. Not that any top Free Agent will be in a hurry to run to Philly.

And if any member here is in the Philly area, I have 2 tickets you can have for FREE this Tuesday against Memphis. Let me know and I can have them left at Will Call for you. My seats, 14 rows behind the visitors bench.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
December 18th, 2015 at 4:43:49 AM permalink
I doubt they will become the worst ever, much like I doubt the Warriors will become the best ever. There are too many games in the NBA in which you are at a schedule advantage from Philly's standpoint or a schedule disadvantage from a schedule standpoint from Golden State's perspective. By that I mean Philly will be able to take advantage of teams playing their 4th game in 5 days while having 2-3 days off themselves. Plus IMO the NBA season is too long and a lot of teams tend to mail it in after the all star break once it is clear the playoffs are not going to be a possibility, so Philly will be going against enough teams in the 2nd half who are merely going through the motions, and as professional athletes a certain pride will take over to no want to have the worst record ever.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Boz
Boz
December 18th, 2015 at 7:34:37 AM permalink
FYI, someone took me up on the ticket offer, so they are gone.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
December 18th, 2015 at 2:44:08 PM permalink
I thought it was you Boz, but your tickets are too close to the court to be the right ones.

I had a busted out window on drivers side of my car when I went outside today. There was nothing taken from my car, but I found a pair of 76ers tickets on my dashboard.
Boz
Boz
February 18th, 2016 at 7:17:37 PM permalink
And Jakarr Sampson is released to gain a 2nd Round Pick, plus salary required to meet the league minimum, for a guy (Chu chu) who will never even get a visa to enter the US.

Make your 2018 NBA Champ bets early, this team is ready to win it all...or the same number of Championships Lebron will win with Cleveland.
  • Jump to: