speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
July 2nd, 2014 at 6:31:11 PM permalink
The current jackpot is @C$226,000. And it might go up to 2M.
Anybody can find a link of past performance please?
And, any comment on favorite of We Miss Artie??
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
July 2nd, 2014 at 6:38:12 PM permalink
Thats on Sunday and Saturdays programs are not up yet

Will the QUEEN be in attendance this year?

When I got the GRAND TOUR from somebody that worked at Woodbine one night it included the Queens Private room where she stays when at the races ...... some very nice and expensive paintings on those walls
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
July 4th, 2014 at 6:13:13 AM permalink
I don't like the favorite.

(I just put the favorite in the winner's circle)
FinsRule
FinsRule
July 4th, 2014 at 6:15:33 AM permalink
I'll take the filly.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
July 4th, 2014 at 6:50:59 AM permalink
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85998/we-miss-artie-big-favorite-in-queens-plate?utm_source=7%2F4+Fri+NEWS+2+-+1%2FBetAmerica+2%2FDerbyWars+3%2FAmWest&utm_campaign=7%2F4+Horse+Races+Now+News&utm_medium=email

I haven't formed an opinion on the race yet, but I do like playing Woodbine and thought the Blood Horse piece above had a bit more meat on the bones than the usual DRF tthing.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
July 4th, 2014 at 4:14:47 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I don't like the favorite.

(I just put the favorite in the winner's circle)

You are so right Fin. The filly could only finish better than 3rd once in her last 4 races against the girls. Now she is in with the boys. And what a boy WE MISS ARTIE is. Ran out in the Kentucky Derby. But with a little luck could have hit the board.
Last year Won a Grade 1 race. on ALL WEATHER track.

Race before the Derby. Won a Grade 3 race . on ALL WEATHER track. Race after the Derby. Won the trial for this race. On a
ALL WEATHER track. 3 for 3 on ALL WEATHER TRACK.

The filly ran 4/5 of a second faster than WE MISS ARTIE in the race before the trial. Driving the entire stretch.

WE MISS ARTIE won under a hand ride, NEVER asked for his best at any time during the race.

40% of the trial winners have won this race. That's a big number with that factor only.

Colorado won't let me bet online except their shitty OTB. Which won't have this race.

I like a few exotics with WE MISS ARTIE ON TOP and the filly not on the board.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
appistapp1s
appistapp1s
  • Threads: 1
July 4th, 2014 at 7:08:00 PM permalink
haven't got the proper pp's yet but it looks like the contenders are 6 9 10 12
FinsRule
FinsRule
July 6th, 2014 at 3:39:40 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I'll take the filly.

Hey Buzz.... Thoughts on the race?
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
July 6th, 2014 at 10:00:42 PM permalink
First thought was the filly must have won. LOl, Sure enough 1 way to win a race, 99 ways to lose a race. We Miss Artie REARED AT THE START, and that was that. Can't give anything away in a $1,000,000 race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvAHPq6ywrM&list=UU0RagnaQvFUM5BJUCIxWKow

Javier Castellano, We Miss Artie's jockey, said the poor start cost his horse the race.

"I think with the big field my horse got a little nervous in the gate, he completely sat down behind the gate," Castellano said. "That's why he broke straight in the air . . . it took a lot out of him.

"He was too far behind. I lost a lot of ground going around horses."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/newsalert-lexie-lou-wins-queens-plate-woodbine-racetrack-214534842--rah.html
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
July 7th, 2014 at 8:27:44 AM permalink
I'm disturbed by the lack of gloating. It is a well known universally accepted racetrack rule that when cashing a ticket (regardless of size) involving a public prediction in major races of this sort, unless it involved someone getting left at the gate in a two horse race, one paragraph of no less than two but no more than five sentences of shameless crowing is required.

And the result was a mistake. The wrong damn horse got the memo to get up on two legs at the wrong time. I decided this thing was mostly inscrutable to me, so for reasons I'd have a hard time explaining or defending (since I'm not exactly sure what they are) I plunked a token insignificant amount on #15 - Ami's Holiday who was sitting close to double digits on the board, straight-up on the nose to win tied-up with nothing else. He flew up the rail in the stretch into 2nd, at which time the filly was supposed to jump the rail to chase a pigeon into the infield, because that was the only way I was going to cash that little sucker.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
  • Jump to: