• Threads: 366
November 18th, 2013 at 10:00:26 AM permalink
What are the odds he even makes it to the NFL - reminds me of the "fridge"

Tony Picard
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 18th, 2013 at 10:06:27 AM permalink
I saw this story the other day and laughed. Other than his size and the fact that he plows over teenagers, he doesn't look very impressive. Plus, much of his size is fat. Doubt he'll even make it on a decent college team. His chances of making the NFL are probably nil.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
November 18th, 2013 at 10:08:20 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

What are the odds he even makes it to the NFL

zero
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
November 18th, 2013 at 10:30:05 AM permalink
If he keeps going the way he is now, he will probably end up as some sideshow for a Junior College team. The coaches aren't doing any favors eschewing teaching him a proper OL or DL position. If he goes to a higher level and tries the same moves in the video, he will probably get a concussion or a blown out knee.

He has some size but needs some molding. If he falls in with the right people, he could be a force. Then you could throw him a bone every now and then a la Fridge and Anthony Munoz.

That is if he wants to go that route, maybe he's just having fun right now and will go into something else as a career path.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 18th, 2013 at 10:57:18 AM permalink
Quote: Perdition

If he keeps going the way he is now, he will probably end up as some sideshow for a Junior College team. The coaches aren't doing any favors eschewing teaching him a proper OL or DL position. If he goes to a higher level and tries the same moves in the video, he will probably get a concussion or a blown out knee.

He has some size but needs some molding. If he falls in with the right people, he could be a force. Then you could throw him a bone every now and then a la Fridge and Anthony Munoz.

That is if he wants to go that route, maybe he's just having fun right now and will go into something else as a career path.

I totally agree. Terrible running form (needs to get lower), and he's not fast AT ALL. The only reason he's good is that he's literally too big to tackle at his current level of competition. That will not continue at the next level, unless as mentioned he goes to a low-level JC.

Anyway, he should be learning a OL/DL position.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
November 18th, 2013 at 11:25:28 AM permalink
At least he's 6' 4".

I found a stat that says 532 NFL players were over 300lbs in 2010.

In 1970 there was only 1.

here
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 18th, 2013 at 11:30:49 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I totally agree. Terrible running form (needs to get lower), and he's not fast AT ALL. The only reason he's good is that he's literally too big to tackle at his current level of competition. That will not continue at the next level, unless as mentioned he goes to a low-level JC.

Anyway, he should be learning a OL/DL position.

It's also noticeable that once people started tackling him lower, he goes down... tackling technique in football is often about stopping forward progress and not always bringing the player down (unlike in rugby). Good reasons for that, off course, but with such a size differential, just get him down and tied up around the legs, and second guy can try and hit ball arm as well. If he stands up, there's plent of ways to get helmet on ball and strip it.

Personally I think, at 6'4" and 400lb, he should be learning nutrition and getting that bulk down before he blows a knee out.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
bbbbcccc
bbbbcccc
  • Threads: 7
November 18th, 2013 at 11:52:46 AM permalink
He is too far out to project, but not good. Definately not as an RB. Wisconsin had a guy named Aaron Gibson that showed up on campus at 435 pounds, but he shed some weight, and eventually made it to the league. Ole Miss also had Terrell Brown a few years ago, who was widely thought to be over 400 pounds, but he was mored widely known for his ability to break chairs by using them for their normal purpose.
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
November 18th, 2013 at 12:53:11 PM permalink
That fat ass has no chance of making it as a RB in the NFL.

But I say his chances of dying from a heart attack before age 25 are pretty fair.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
November 18th, 2013 at 2:25:06 PM permalink
Quote: KeyserSoze

That fat ass has no chance of making it as a RB in the NFL.

But I say his chances of dying from a heart attack before age 25 are pretty fair.

totally agree. he wont make it to the pros for the same reason they dont use sumo wrestlers as hockey golies'
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
November 18th, 2013 at 2:26:42 PM permalink
That is the "highlight reel".

Imagine the "lowlight reel".

It would be just as funny.

I played against a tubby similar to this in high school. He was not as big (or didn't seem to be at least at the time) and was exclusively used as a goalline/short distance guy.

A big problem with a guy this fat is his inability to hold onto the football. It's a combination of short arms vs width of torso and getting tired fast, but did not do well against us.

If I remember right his first run was a B!tch, but he lost the football after he was down. That gave our Defense the idea to "sting" as we called it. If we wanted to strip the ball, or the ball was lose, or intercepted, our defense would yell "sting" or "stinger" so the rest of the defense knew the ball was available or we had already taken it.

The next 2of3 times he had the ball he fumbled and they either had no more need for him the rest of the game, or their coach didn't want to put him in the game.

He has no shot at the NFL as a running back. Guys his size are still somewhat rare, and if he has even a touch of athletic ability, and a willingness to shed pounds he could get a scholarship to play in college, but even then probably not. If he had any other skill I would imagine his coaches would have utilitized it.

Or his dad is the coach and gives his baby whatever he wants.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
  • Jump to: