terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
October 2nd, 2013 at 1:10:47 PM permalink
Saw a yahoo article discussing a point Spread between Denver Broncos and Alabama Crimson Tide

Heres a quote from Bovada regarding this fantasy point spread

“If Denver is about 27-point favorites over Jacksonville in Week 6 at Denver, we would have to set the Broncos as at least 40.5 point favorites over the Crimson Tide,” Kevin Bradley, Sports Book Manager of Bovada.lv told Yahoo Sports

Heres a link to the article
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/oddsmaker-takes-stab-point-spread-denver-broncos-played-142512121--nfl.html
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
October 2nd, 2013 at 3:48:16 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Saw a yahoo article discussing a point Spread between Denver Broncos and Alabama Crimson Tide

Heres a quote from Bovada regarding this fantasy point spread

“If Denver is about 27-point favorites over Jacksonville in Week 6 at Denver, we would have to set the Broncos as at least 40.5 point favorites over the Crimson Tide,” Kevin Bradley, Sports Book Manager of Bovada.lv told Yahoo Sports

Heres a link to the article
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/oddsmaker-takes-stab-point-spread-denver-broncos-played-142512121--nfl.html

And I'd take the over. Alabama doesn't score once against Denver, and most likely has >50% 3-and-outs and ends in negative total yards. People forget the difference in the level of athleticism and experience between pro and college football players. Bama's O-line is big, but Denver's two tackles outweigh them individually by 25-30 lbs each (and they have 5+ years of pro experience). Against Denver, AJ McCarron routinely ends up on his back. The only way Alabama might cover the spread is if Denver's starters sit to give the 3rd and 4th string some playing time, and then only because Denver didn't score quickly enough. But if Manning and Welker are in, forget it. It'd be 42-0 at the half.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
October 2nd, 2013 at 7:50:21 PM permalink
Actually, I was thinking that the more interesting matchup would be Jacksonville vs Alabama. Even Jacksonville would dominate Alabama but depending on a huge fantasy spread, maybe bama could cover.
  • Jump to: