wrxrob
wrxrob
  • Threads: 8
July 20th, 2017 at 4:39:57 PM permalink
Noticed a penny machine called Jackpot Stampede where if you get a full reel of wilds, another set of reels sits at the top of the machine with a multiplier that increases by the number of credits you had bet per line when the full reel wilds landed. These accumulate over time, and can reach pretty high numbers (my highest so far was about 70x). The reels at the top do not spin unless you get a green "spin" button on the 5th reel. If you get a stick of dynamite, that's the equivalent of a "seven-out" as all of your multiplied reels disappear and the game pays 5x the initial bet for that spin.

There is a "redeem charge" button where you can "cash out" your multipliers for credits immediately paid back to you. Not sure exactly how much it gives back, but seems like around $30 for every 100x in total multipliers on the top reel.

Does anyone have a strategy of when to redeem charge on the multipliers?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 20th, 2017 at 9:00:09 PM permalink
Can you vulture the reels if someone goes broke and stops playing?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
July 21st, 2017 at 6:45:48 AM permalink
technically you could, if they left without cashing out their multipliers... or you could just cash them out without vulturing.

I haven't seen this slot, but I would imagine if you hit "cash out" that it would pop up a question asking if you wanted to cash out the multipliers or not.
mamat
mamat
  • Threads: 3
July 22nd, 2017 at 10:46:11 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Yes. Either by cash-out, or playing hoping for a big pay before the multipliers reset.

At some places, vultures will wait behind anyone with high multipliers (e.g. bunch of 50x-100x).

P.S. I think Jackpot Stampede's were released in 2013 (maybe 2012). I haven't personally seen one in 2 years.
wrxrob
wrxrob
  • Threads: 8
July 28th, 2017 at 7:02:38 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Yes, but only if they avoid the "wager saver". Basically, if their last bet puts their bankroll less than the current bet, a big green wheel appears asking if you want to do a "wager saver". If they ignore that and walk away, you can play the wager saver. When it loses, it'll automatically ask if you want to "redeem charge". If they play the wager saver and lose, it'll ask if they want to "redeem charge" before they walk away. This is why you rarely find this machine with multipliers sitting there ready to vulture.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 28th, 2017 at 7:42:27 AM permalink
Quote: mamat

P.S. I think Jackpot Stampede's were released in 2013 (maybe 2012). I haven't personally seen one in 2 years.

I remember playing the original Jackpot Stampede in the 1990's. I believe it had small jackpots because it was prior to WMS getting rights to the Telnaes patent.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: