denstarr
denstarr
  • Threads: 3
May 29th, 2017 at 5:38:01 PM permalink
Found a relatively new to me Keno game called Ancient Thunder. If you like video keno, it rates pretty high on the fun factor. Pays seem low though, so hoping one of our resident mathematicians who have seen it or played it might give some input.

Much like most Keno games, you pick your spots. There are is however also, a random 1 spot, a random 2 spot, random 3 spot, random 4 spot, and random 5 spot chosen for you that trigger 6 different sub routines.

If you hit the random 1 spot, it's a 2x multiplier to any win you have for the game
If you hit the random 2 spot, it moves up the extra draws by one. They start at 5 and top out at a max of 20.
If you hit the random 3 spot, it triggers the extra draws, then resets then back to 5.
If you hit the random 4 spot, it triggers 12 free plays (if I recall). During this free play session, the multiplier will grow 1x every time the random multiplier spot is hit.
If you hit the random 5 spot, it triggers a bonus wheel with various payouts.

It's a lot of fun to play, certainly less tedious then standard keno, but standard video keno pays 94-96% or so, this seems like the percentage would be much much lower, unless you were either lucky enough to hit decently in the bonus round with your multiplier up beyond 2x, or get the bonus wheel.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
May 30th, 2017 at 11:28:05 AM permalink
This is an extremely difficult game to analyze, but I did do a simulation about 3 years ago. I found some results and it looks like the RTP is about 92%.
I heart Crystal Math.
  • Jump to: