VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 8
April 17th, 2017 at 6:55:21 PM permalink
We'll replace the first soundtrack for something else soon. That's not a problem. Currently there is a mute option, and 2 other soundtracks for players to pick from.

The near-miss effect that slot players get addicted to can be recreated with this basket style slot if payout is done after each spin direction (aka mid spin payout). So for each complete spin there would be two payouts, one after the horizontal spin and another one after vertical spins. If after the horizontal spin there is a nearly complete winning pattern, the player may get excited and hope to complete the pattern on the upcoming vertical spin.
Never Cut Corners. Integrity Is Everything.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 30
April 18th, 2017 at 4:25:48 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Really cool.

The only criticism I can come up with off the top of my head, and this is scrounging a bit, but I could possibly see people getting upset/complaining/feeling ripped off if they get a winning combo on the vertical spin and lose it on the horizon spin.

I also really like the concept, but also agree that the player may feel ripped off if they have a winner after the horizontal reels are done spinning and it creates a winning line prior to the vertical spin. I think you could pay the player for a winning hand after the horizontal spin AND after the completion of the vertical spin. Almost like a double pay type situation.

I also think you could add a variation in gameplay such as a bonus game after the main spin. Something like a "push" feature that I have a provisional patent on right now. There are a number of other things I could see you doing with this concept, but overall, I think it is very solid.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak 
  • Threads: 25
April 18th, 2017 at 5:34:03 AM permalink
Quote: VladAlex1

The near-miss effect that slot players get addicted to can be recreated with this basket style slot if payout is done after each spin direction (aka mid spin payout). So for each complete spin there would be two payouts, one after the horizontal spin and another one after vertical spins. If after the horizontal spin there is a nearly complete winning pattern, the player may get excited and hope to complete the pattern on the upcoming vertical spin.

I'm not an expert on slot psychology beyond the fact that I play them a good bit.

But I think you need to walk a very fine line on near-miss mechanics. While it's true they can be addictive, but they can also be equally as frustrating.

I think most slot players are chasing the bonus features, and nothing is worse when you hit a bonus, the machine goes WILD, and then only pays out $2. That's how you get me to walk away immediately. Its similar to seeing a bunch of like symbols, but nothing coming of it.
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
April 18th, 2017 at 6:32:05 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I felt forced to a decision to enjoy the music or play the game. I chose the music.

Let auto play do the work for you, and win money while enjoying music! Every generation of players has different preferences so that's why there are 3 songs to pick from and mute.

If players are on their phone, this game fits perfectly on their screen no matter how they hold it. You can see it in action by adjusting your window size or click the info button and select "mode" for more details.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 6
April 18th, 2017 at 7:52:52 PM permalink
Are the counts of your "ways" incorrect? Given that you can win from the top or bottom... or right or left?
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
April 19th, 2017 at 4:20:09 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Are the counts of your "ways" incorrect? Given that you can win from the top or bottom... or right or left?

The math of the game is not defined yet.
This is just a concept demo.

I got few math experts opinons

Vladimir Dimov's comment
Great idea.

9 reel = more job for people like us. 
Rules are little bit complicated. 1024 + 625 ways.

But the game is not OK with stacked reels.

From design point of view:
Make the background for symbols different. For horizontal and for vertical reels.
Must be easier for players.

Mike Tammís comment
"Looks nice, but where is the sense (seeing with the gambler' eyes). I see only a too long running spin. Why should I win more with this system?. This is exactly my question. Please, let me feel that, then you are on the right way to success.

Ash Soleimanís comment
Have to agree with Mike. But it can be fixed if adding some stack wins. The appeal
Of ways games is stack and semi stack wins and it's tricky to do it using vertical and horizontal pays. Its is also hard for the player to see any added value. I'm using a technique to achieve stack wins in my cascading reel games that might work for this concept.
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
April 19th, 2017 at 4:48:21 PM permalink
Re: spin horizontal followed by a vertical spin with payouts after each spin direction

Does anyone agree or disagree with David Wrightís (IGT game producer) comments on jurisdiction regulations?

David Wright: So the first spin isn't random as some of the symbols are held over from the previous spin? How would you intend on getting this past a regulator as nearly every jurisdiction in the world that I know of would not allow this unless I'm misunderstanding something?
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 99
April 19th, 2017 at 9:32:34 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I think most slot players are chasing the bonus features, and nothing is worse when you hit a bonus, the machine goes WILD, and then only pays out $2. That's how you get me to walk away immediately. Its similar to seeing a bunch of like symbols, but nothing coming of it.

Such is the balance between the value of your, 'Random,' set of Free Games and the, 'Wow,' factor of having games that can potentially award patently ridiculous amounts of initial free games (often over 100) off of the initial spin alone. The fact of the matter is that, if you want the latter factor, then the individual spins have to be nearly worthless. The downside to that is you have games that are also capable of awarding (and usually do reward) lesser amounts of free games in which one can walk away with less than even the initial bet amount!!!

Of course, if you change your reel distribution such that the average individual free game is worth more, then you have to make it either more difficult (or impossible, often by setting a cap) to get more than a particular amount of free games.

The only real bridge-gap measure is to combine something like the, 'Bonus Guarantee,' feature with games in which crazy huge numbers of free games are possible. Most Bonus Guarantee features offer something like 10x the bet guaranteed for any number of bonus spins...that's 10x the initial bet total, of course, not per spin.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 99
April 19th, 2017 at 9:36:03 PM permalink
Quote: VladAlex1

Re: spin horizontal followed by a vertical spin with payouts after each spin direction

Does anyone agree or disagree with David Wrightís (IGT game producer) comments on jurisdiction regulations?

David Wright: So the first spin isn't random as some of the symbols are held over from the previous spin? How would you intend on getting this past a regulator as nearly every jurisdiction in the world that I know of would not allow this unless I'm misunderstanding something?

I would hate to disagree with someone who actually works in the industry, but games such as Money Works and Venice Nights hold over sticky wilds from previous spins as they sit now. You could hit a spin in which there are stacked sticky wilds on the second, third and fourth reels, on the next spin, each of those stacks drops down one so there would be two sticky wilds on each reel for the next spin and then one on each reel the spin after that.

It's not typical, but nor is it non-existent.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
April 19th, 2017 at 9:53:02 PM permalink
Money Works.

https://youtu.be/1k_fIGEk7mA
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"

• Jump to: