qwertydgaf
qwertydgaf
  • Threads: 2
April 24th, 2015 at 5:29:45 AM permalink
What exactly does this mean? Are they(on the slots themselves) stating to always bet higher in order for better bonus or jackpot odds? How does it work? Start minimal and slowly continue to increase wager ? Ive never understood what these slots are stating specifically and does it actually work? From MY experience... it is bull. Ive done both, starting/continuing to bet higher and i have started lower while increasing my bet over a little time. My end result was very discouraging. Didnt seem to do me any good. Please provide any knowledge or details to this method because time after time after time after time, it doesnt work. No bonuses no jackpots
sabre
sabre
  • Threads: 3
April 24th, 2015 at 6:09:15 AM permalink
Slots typically have a huge house advantage. So your end results are always going to be pretty discouraging.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 24th, 2015 at 6:28:04 AM permalink
Could you be a little more specific as to which, or at least what type of, slots use this term? If it is a multi-line machine, then I am guessing that it means, the more you bet, the more lines you have on which the jackpot or bonus can appear.

I know that, in almost every case, the main jackpot can be won only with the highest possible bet. For example, a Megabucks machine with a $3 maximum will not pay the full Megabucks jackpot if you bet only $1 or $2. Similarly, pretty much every video poker machine pays 125 for 1 for a Royal Flush if you bet 1-4 credits, but 800 for 1 if you bet five.

However, while the amount of the jackpot can change based on how much you bet (in addition to Megabucks, a dollar Wheel of Fortune machine's progressive jackpot requires a bet of $2), the probability of hitting it can't, other than with "additional lines" - at least, not in Nevada (assuming I am reading the gaming regulations right).
qwertydgaf
qwertydgaf
April 24th, 2015 at 6:52:29 AM permalink
Walking dead for example states By betting up, you increase odds of hitting the bonus wheel.
There is one called Mega Cash eruption(can choose from 4 different games). Penny slot, all lines played, bets 1x 2x 3x 4x 5x. Each button states good better or best odds for progressive. These are just 2 i can think of but many others like them.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
April 24th, 2015 at 9:15:04 PM permalink
This is also a common find in the HELP files of must-hit slot machines, and I think there are two ways that could work:

1.) Random Mechanism

-In the event that the must-hit Major/Minor is triggered by a completely random mechanism, say that a Random Number Generator selects a number between 1-10000 and fifty numbers result in the Minor hitting while one number results in the Major hitting, then the different bet levels could theoretically change the number of missed numbers and make the number range 1-9500, or what have you. As a result, betting higher increases the probability of hitting the Progressive as well as increases Expected Return.

OR

2.) Randomly Fixed Point

-If, upon hitting, the Must-Hit by machine randomly selects a new point at which the must-hit will happen, let's say $487.96 on a $250-$500 Major, then regardless of where the Progressive is, since the meter increase, per play, is incumbent on the amount bet, it can fairly be said that you are more likely to hit the Major if you are betting higher. However, if everything else remains equal, this would not improve your value nor make it any worse. It simply means that, by the mere act of betting higher, it will take fewer spins to get to the must-hit point.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
qwertydgaf
qwertydgaf
April 24th, 2015 at 9:35:24 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

This is also a common find in the HELP files of must-hit slot machines, and I think there are two ways that could work:

1.) Random Mechanism

-In the event that the must-hit Major/Minor is triggered by a completely random mechanism, say that a Random Number Generator selects a number between 1-10000 and fifty numbers result in the Minor hitting while one number results in the Major hitting, then the different bet levels could theoretically change the number of missed numbers and make the number range 1-9500, or what have you. As a result, betting higher increases the probability of hitting the Progressive as well as increases Expected Return.

OR

2.) Randomly Fixed Point

-If, upon hitting, the Must-Hit by machine randomly selects a new point at which the must-hit will happen, let's say $487.96 on a $250-$500 Major, then regardless of where the Progressive is, since the meter increase, per play, is incumbent on the amount bet, it can fairly be said that you are more likely to hit the Major if you are betting higher. However, if everything else remains equal, this would not improve your value nor make it any worse. It simply means that, by the mere act of betting higher, it will take fewer spins to get to the must-hit point.

But there are plenty of slots that are not MUST HIT BY that state the same thing. Walking Dead is not must hit by and it states to BET UP to increase odds of getting bonus wheel. Also Candy Bars are not must hit by and they state the same thing. I used my phones camera to snap pictures of the slots that say this but i dont believe there is a way to upload it? Walking Dead and Candy Bars are just an example of many many games that are not must hit by which state Bet Up to increase bonus or progressive odds.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
April 24th, 2015 at 9:38:46 PM permalink
Quote: qwertydgaf

But there are plenty of slots that are not MUST HIT BY that state the same thing. Walking Dead is not must hit by and it states to BET UP to increase odds of getting bonus wheel. Also Candy Bars are not must hit by and they state the same thing. I used my phones camera to snap pictures of the slots that say this but i dont believe there is a way to upload it? Walking Dead and Candy Bars are just an example of many many games that are not must hit by which state Bet Up to increase bonus or progressive odds.

In those cases, whether it be a Progressive or a Bonus Wheel, whatever the mechanism is that decides whether you hit those things, the probability of hitting it is greater if you bet more. And, again, all other things being equal (if you want to assume they are) the Expected Return, as a percentage of coin-in, is greater the more that you bet.

In terms of frequencies, you would need an extremely large sample size of results to approximate how much increasing the bet levels (for each bet level or comparing any one to any other) increases the probability of hitting the results in question.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
  • Jump to: