RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 2501
March 24th, 2015 at 11:08:42 AM permalink
My question is, when does the slot machine determine what the spin result will be?

Is the outcome determined when the button is pressed to initiate the spin sequence, or
is the outcome determined at some later time after the reels have started spinning?

If I understand the new slots, the outcome is solely determined by the electronics. The reels are purely there for visuals for the player. However, when I am playing a slot machine, I can hit the button at any time to stop the reels sooner than they would have stopped.

When I use the button to stop the reels, am I getting a different outcome than I would have gotten had I let the reels stop on their own?

I am not asking if I am changing my chances of a win. I know that stopping the reels early has zero effect on that. I'm just curious if the outcome is determined at the initiation, which would mean the outcome is the exact same whether or not I stop the reels early, or if the outcome is determined at some later point, which might mean I get a different outcome depending on when I stop the reels.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 618
March 24th, 2015 at 11:11:28 AM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps



When I use the button to stop the reels, am I getting a different outcome than I would have gotten had I let the reels stop on their own?



No. The moment you hit the button to start the game, the random numbers are chosen... the spinning of the wheels is just to build excitement.. you are not changing the final result by hitting the button a second time to stop the wheels.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 138
  • Posts: 1450
March 24th, 2015 at 11:24:12 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

No. The moment you hit the button to start the game, the random numbers are chosen... the spinning of the wheels is just to build excitement.. you are not changing the final result by hitting the button a second time to stop the wheels.



Not to be argumentative but because I know slot machines don't always do this let me state:

Some slots are affected by the second hit that stops the reels spinning.

And some don't matter.

You can tell if the reels are a "slower" spin and when you stop the machine because something passes by if that symbol stays on the machine then you definitely had an effect by stopping the machine.

There are other machines where when you stop the reels at the symbol you see, either a) the symbol completely disappears mysteriously or b) the reels pick up speed on the second push so you miss the symbol anyway. These machines do not have any decision made when you push the button a second time.

I know a lot of people are going to jump on me for this but I am just annoyed at all the people who spout they know these machines when I have seen the evidence they are wrong. So go ahead, guys and beat me up on this.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 2961
March 24th, 2015 at 11:59:57 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz


I know a lot of people are going to jump on me for this but I am just annoyed at all the people who spout they know these machines when I have seen the evidence they are wrong. So go ahead, guys and beat me up on this.



I am not going to jump on you but I will say that I have programmed games for many large slot machine manufacturers and that I haven't seen one in the last 15 years where stopping the reels early gives a different result.
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2464
March 24th, 2015 at 12:01:56 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Not to be argumentative but because I know slot machines don't always do this let me state:

Some slots are affected by the second hit that stops the reels spinning.

And some don't matter.

You can tell if the reels are a "slower" spin and when you stop the machine because something passes by if that symbol stays on the machine then you definitely had an effect by stopping the machine.

There are other machines where when you stop the reels at the symbol you see, either a) the symbol completely disappears mysteriously or b) the reels pick up speed on the second push so you miss the symbol anyway. These machines do not have any decision made when you push the button a second time.

I know a lot of people are going to jump on me for this but I am just annoyed at all the people who spout they know these machines when I have seen the evidence they are wrong. So go ahead, guys and beat me up on this.



You're wrong. You thinking you see something doesn't make it true. Even when you stop the reels, it still goes to a predetermined outcome. You cannot cause it to win by stopping reels when it wasn't going to.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 138
  • Posts: 1450
March 24th, 2015 at 12:14:46 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

You're wrong. You thinking you see something doesn't make it true. Even when you stop the reels, it still goes to a predetermined outcome. You cannot cause it to win by stopping reels when it wasn't going to.


ZCore13



So if I find a slot machine where I can provide video evidence this is true? I am so confident I can prove this I will go with a video phone (and hoping the casino doesn't stop me) show that I am not full of crap.

Then when everyone sees it what will you say? Just because everyone sees it does not make it true?
zoobrew
zoobrew
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 309
March 24th, 2015 at 12:20:53 PM permalink
Are the amount of the bonus win also determined at the time the spin button is pressed? Lets says I have the choice of choosing A, B or C, will I win $10 no matter which letter I choose or does A=5, B=10, or C=20 and my choice determines the amount of the win.

Also if you win free spins on a bonus, do you win a predetermined amount of money or is every spin a new random event?

Are the answers to these questions determined by the slot manufacture or the state gaming commission?

Are all those people who pull their slot card out of the machine when they hit a bonus, wasting their time trying to keep the casino from knowing about their winnings?
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1306
March 24th, 2015 at 12:26:19 PM permalink
Please post the video as soon as you get it.You should be able to put the phone in your pocket and record with out any one noticing.
What we've got here is failure to communicate
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 138
  • Posts: 1450
March 24th, 2015 at 12:36:33 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Please post the video as soon as you get it.You should be able to put the phone in your pocket and record with out any one noticing.



Certainly. I will be in AC near the end of the week.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 618
March 24th, 2015 at 12:43:05 PM permalink
Quote: zoobrew

Are the amount of the bonus win also determined at the time the spin button is pressed? Lets says I have the choice of choosing A, B or C, will I win $10 no matter which letter I choose or does A=5, B=10, or C=20 and my choice determines the amount of the win.

Also if you win free spins on a bonus, do you win a predetermined amount of money or is every spin a new random event?

Are the answers to these questions determined by the slot manufacture or the state gaming commission?

Are all those people who pull their slot card out of the machine when they hit a bonus, wasting their time trying to keep the casino from knowing about their winnings?



I *believe* the answers are as follows (but not 100% sure):

The amount of the bonus win is NOT determined at the time of the spin (but whether you line up the symbols to get a bonus round is). I saw a Wiz article where he believed that if you made a choice in the bonus game and then it showed you the results from the other options afterwards, that it is a fair game and that your choice makes a difference in how much you win. If it doesn't show you the options that you didn't pick.. then it very well might be pre-determined.

I think every spin is a new random event in the bonus rounds as well.. although the reels might be different than the regular game (WMS reels are definitely different)

I would say that the answers to these questions are determined by the slot manufacturer, however a game wouldn't be approved by state gaming commission if it didn't meet minimum standards for payback etc.

From reading on here, I believe it used to be that removing your card kept winnings from being recorded, but that has all changed now.

  • Jump to: