wootaeck
wootaeck
  • Threads: 1
August 24th, 2013 at 12:41:09 AM permalink
Awareness for everyone especially poker players around the world. This couple is travelling around the globe for their scam job. Last seen in South Korea. May be targeting Hong Kong, China or US for his next assignment.

Facts of the guy:

Name : Tan Lee Koon Mervin
I/C No : S7535183F
Sex : Male
Race : Chinese
Date of birth: 11th November 1975
Place of birth: Singapore

He is about 1.65m tall, stout, tanned complexion and always wearing a cap.

Max, as he introduced himself, claimed that he was a region manager in Citibank and had been working in Citibank in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and China. He is currently a full time professional poker player and claims that his income is fivefold, travelling around to participate in poker tournaments. He is very sociable, getting easily on friendly conversations with people around.

Facts of the girl:

Name : Lee Arem
Sex : Female
Race : Korean
Place of birth: South Korea

Method of scamming:
1. Asking you to invest in his poker business with good profit from rakes
2. Borrowing money from you directly as he is in “some difficulties”
3. Partnering him for some new business opportunity

He will appear to be very generous in the beginning just like all scammers and slowly hook you in. Once you are hooked in, its time for him to disappear.

Related Post

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16952

Max profile on poker sites

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-players/145238-tan-lee-koon-mervin
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=135427

Poker Site that he is in collaboration with - Cake Poker

http://www.zipgame.com/
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 24th, 2013 at 3:33:28 AM permalink
Is this couple wanted by any law enforcement agency? Have they been charged with any crime? How much did they take you for?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 24th, 2013 at 4:35:58 AM permalink
Loaning money under the circumstances described ... then finding you have been scammed ... should be viewed as money well spent, Lesson Learned. You can't go through life vulnerable to confidence games, especially if you are a gambler.

Don't be a Mark
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
August 24th, 2013 at 7:27:47 AM permalink
Is this some type of joke?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 24th, 2013 at 10:28:16 AM permalink
It seems wootaeck has recently joined other forums to post this. I doubt that he'll be back to elaborate. Until he does, and I have no reason to believe he will, I'm very leery about trashing someone's name.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 24th, 2013 at 1:02:22 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

It seems wootaeck has recently joined other forums to post this. I doubt that he'll be back to elaborate. Until he does, and I have no reason to believe he will, I'm very leery about trashing someone's name.

I flagged the post some time ago simply because its the first post and its tone is so vehement and its facts so poorly presented that I am doubtful of its legitimacy. It may be a purely personal dispute.

I do know that one couple used to go to Vegas poker rooms and the woman would give her young hubby a back rub which meant she was standing where she could possibly see cards. Some things like that may go on from time to time in a poker room but this was a purely personal scam of which we've heard only one side and are likely to hear only one side.

I'd steer clear of this entirely.
wootaeck
wootaeck
  • Threads: 1
August 25th, 2013 at 12:13:42 AM permalink
I was conned to transfer money to his bank account to top up my balance in zipgame. Initially, he topped up my balance regularly but after my last few transfers to him of about 2k USD, it was not reflected and I realised something is wrong. I only have bank statement as evidence but it is of no use and he is no longer contactable.

Just beware of having any money dealings with them.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 25th, 2013 at 3:45:14 AM permalink
Quote: wootaeck

Just beware of having any money dealings with them.

Again, I'd say learn your lesson. You can't set yourself up as a Mark like this, never mind who it is.

It's not like I have no sympathy whatsoever, btw, I'm sure they are very good at the "confidence" part of their game.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: