Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
August 11th, 2017 at 7:11:23 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

R Sunday Surprise, CC's full sister, won on the turf tonight at Del Mar.

Turf maiden video
I am a robot.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
August 12th, 2017 at 7:58:46 AM permalink
Anyone have anything for Saratoga today? Anything?
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
August 12th, 2017 at 8:43:07 AM permalink
The 2nd race is interesting Todd Pletcher will be bet down on 1st starter bought for 675K as 2 year old AIRTOUCH But there is another 2 year old that sold for 500k as a yearling. He has one race at 51/2 on the dirt. This is 7f. Horses usually improve on secon start.

From the chart " BASE COMMAND cut over to the inside before departing the
backstretch, responded when set down after coming into the stretch, launching a good rail rally to claim the place, then still appeared to have plenty run left
until substantially past the wire"

Look to me like he might be worth a bet, plus your opponent might go for AIRTOUCH.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 13th, 2017 at 11:46:34 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

Never, ever. Bridge jump against Hotspur harriat at the mountain....you're welcome

Races tomorrow Monday, race 8. So I'm supposed to bet against right. 😂 I'll have no way of knowing if there is a minus pool, but will bet the other 5 horses to show just in case with a 1-6 exacta box.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Aug 13, 2017
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 13th, 2017 at 8:37:12 PM permalink
Heard some guy bet $50 to win on a 99/1 horse that lost by a nose. Since he got nothing, how would you bet the $50 or how would you bet more if you had $100. I think $50 was his remaining BR, then he left to go to a bank ATM.

$25 WP
$10W/$20P/$20 show
$50W/$50P
$20/$30/$50
Etc.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 13th, 2017 at 9:50:02 PM permalink
If you bet $1 EX which pays $320, and make two separate bets on a ticket, is that ticket a reportable jackpot or paid $640 no questions asked?

For example:
$1 exacta 1/2
$1 exacta 1/2
2 bets $2

Or do you have to print two separate tickets?
I am a robot.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
August 13th, 2017 at 10:39:44 PM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

Never, ever. Bridge jump against Hotspur harriat at the mountain....you're welcome

oops, youre right...ihad the wrong name
get second you pig
FinsRule
FinsRule
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
August 14th, 2017 at 4:14:04 AM permalink

Heard some guy bet $50 to win on a 99/1 horse that lost by a nose. Since he got nothing, how would you bet the $50 or how would you bet more if you had $100. I think $50 was his remaining BR, then he left to go to a bank ATM.

$25 WP
$10W/$20P/$20 show
$50W/$50P
$20/$30/$50
Etc.

I'd either do a $25 WP, or I'd look at the Exacta probables and see how my value was looking there.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
August 14th, 2017 at 4:15:03 AM permalink

If you bet $1 EX which pays $320, and make two separate bets on a ticket, is that ticket a reportable jackpot or paid $640 no questions asked?

For example:
$1 exacta 1/2
$1 exacta 1/2
2 bets $2

Or do you have to print two separate tickets?

You have to print two separate tickets.
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 14th, 2017 at 7:19:35 PM permalink

Races tomorrow Monday, race 8. So I'm supposed to bet against right. 😂 I'll have no way of knowing if there is a minus pool, but will bet the other 5 horses to show just in case with a 1-6 exacta box.

She wins, and the longest shot on the board finishes 2nd.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 14th, 2017 at 8:18:04 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

She looked good, wish I didn't bet against her in the handicapping contest. I did play 1-6 ex box, but not the show bets.

Liked the 5 in race 9, and race 1, the six. I think Island Girl had won her last race, but was disqualified, hoped she would have pulled it off. Off the green, it raced last year at Mountaineer on turf, came in second and didn't go back to the grass. It was 58/1 in a 5 horse race and paid $10 to place, thought it was going to be much more and it was a surprise disappointment. Off the green did almost win, that was quite a close, but not good enough.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 14th, 2017 at 8:30:28 PM permalink
That's always blowing my mind horses like the 5 getting into the money such as was the case in race 8. Seems if the other horses can't win, they quit and fizzle. It's hard for me to grasp how a horse just gives up or just empties. It's like when you bet, try doing two reasoned things and one random dumb thing. It's funny how sometimes it seems a horse can't win, but it has nothing to do with otherwise hitting the board.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 15th, 2017 at 4:16:14 PM permalink
Mountaineer race 2, $23000 show bet on the 2, $5000 almost on the 2, $4000 place, on the 2 Siteenparksidelane in an 8 horse field.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 15th, 2017 at 4:39:16 PM permalink

Mountaineer race 2, $23000 show bet on the 2, $5000 almost on the 2, $4000 place, on the 2 Siteenparksidelane in an 8 horse field.

He must have been scratched.
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 16th, 2017 at 2:10:58 AM permalink
arrogate is running again saturday in the pacific classic at del mar. even money on the morning line. so tell me. if you guys had to bet on this race would you bet with him or against him? for me it would definitely be against. i don't buy baffert's explanation. or course, i acknowledge i could be wrong. here's the field and odds:

1. Royal Albert Hall, Corey Nakatani, 30-1

2. Collected, Martin Garcia, 5-2

3. Accelerate, Victor Espinoza, 3-1

4. Sorry Erik, Kent Desormeaux, 30-1

5. Hard Aces, Santiago Gonzalez, 20-1

6. Donworth, Mario Gutierrez, 15-1

7. Curlin Road, Flavien Prat, 20-1

8. Arrogate, Mike Smith, even-money

Note -- The Pacific Classic will be televised live by NBCSN from 5-6 p.m.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170815/arrogate-is-the-favorite-for-pacific-classic-at-del-mar
Please don't feed the trolls
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 16th, 2017 at 4:07:14 AM permalink

That's always blowing my mind horses like the 5 getting into the money such as was the case in race 8. Seems if the other horses can't win, they quit and fizzle. It's hard for me to grasp how a horse just gives up or just empties. It's like when you bet, try doing two reasoned things and one random dumb thing. It's funny how sometimes it seems a horse can't win, but it has nothing to do with otherwise hitting the board.

Here's a story of the horse I own a small percentage of. She won her first race. Beaten 3/4 of a length in her 2nd race when she bled. On lasix for her 3rd race, she was off at odds on. She was leading the whole way, traveling comfortably, and then just stopped in the stretch to finish last. The person standing next to me yelled "she's a quitter!" I flipped out on him for saying such a rude thing in the owner's area.

Anyway, a few days later we find out she has a hairline fracture.

I've owned parts of 4 horses, and I think it's made me a better handicapper. Because, it's driven home the fact that they are animals, and you can't the whole story by just looking at the page, or even by looking at them in person.
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 16th, 2017 at 4:10:44 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

arrogate is running again saturday in the pacific classic at del mar. even money on the morning line. so tell me. if you guys had to bet on this race would you bet with him or against him? for me it would definitely be against. i don't buy baffert's explanation. or course, i acknowledge i could be wrong. here's the field and odds:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170815/arrogate-is-the-favorite-for-pacific-classic-at-del-mar

I'd probably still single to Arrogate in the pick-4. And if you gave me $100 to make a win bet at those odds, I'd also bet it on Arrogate. Now if he is bet down to 2-5 or something, then I'd have to bet on Collected.

If I do bet, it would be something like a pick-4, and not a single bet on this race. This is a stay away race for sure.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 16th, 2017 at 8:24:54 AM permalink
Fin: what is your opinion of betting against the jumpers' horse in the win pool if its odds are 1/9 or less? the downside: you won't win as much when you win because in a field of 7 you guarantee yourself 5 losers instead of 3 in the show pool. and only one winner instead of 3 when you do win. the upside is that you still win if the jumpers' horse gets 2nd or 3rd.

yay or nay?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 16th, 2017 at 9:00:31 AM permalink

Fin: what is your opinion of betting against the jumpers' horse in the win pool if its odds are 1/9 or less? the downside: you won't win as much when you win because in a field of 7 you guarantee yourself 5 losers instead of 3 in the show pool. and only one winner instead of 3 when you do win. the upside is that you still win if the jumpers' horse gets 2nd or 3rd.

yay or nay?

It sure is tempting. I was at home yesterday, the Pacific Classic draw show interrupted the Mountaineer race, and what they had shown was very small and hard to read. However pretty sure every horse was 20/1 or greater, most 40/1. It's easier for a horse to not win, than for a horse to not at least show. You can bet every horse to win or you can bet more on a few, or some hybrid approach. I'd say, depends on the race, track, etc. As a rule, I'd probably guess with the odds so crazy, you have to go for the win more often than not.

Whoever bet yesterday was stupid jumping on the show bet, but also the win and place pool. They gained nothing on the two extra bets but risk as far as I could tell.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 16th, 2017 at 9:05:40 AM permalink

Does seem vulnerable after the last race, not really sure. The latest news, Mike Smith though having to break before the turn was what got him, sounded like a good excuse, then during the draw show, the announcer noted Mike Smith didn't seem happy after seeing Arrogate was on the far outside post #8. With it all, I still think Arrogate will win, the race has enough distance for him.

Added: I'm certainly having my doubts the more I see, the more I think about it. There isn't much confidence exuded from Mike Smith from the interview I just saw. I might know what to try if I think Arrogate will win, but if I think he might not win, I won't know what should be done.

What do you do, how to bet, what just box all 7 in a trifecta? It's funny I'm debating between that and keying him to win. There certainly is doubt.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Aug 16, 2017
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 16th, 2017 at 10:54:47 AM permalink

Here's a story of the horse I own a small percentage of. She won her first race. Beaten 3/4 of a length in her 2nd race when she bled. On lasix for her 3rd race, she was off at odds on. She was leading the whole way, traveling comfortably, and then just stopped in the stretch to finish last. The person standing next to me yelled "she's a quitter!" I flipped out on him for saying such a rude thing in the owner's area.

Anyway, a few days later we find out she has a hairline fracture.

I've owned parts of 4 horses, and I think it's made me a better handicapper. Because, it's driven home the fact that they are animals, and you can't the whole story by just looking at the page, or even by looking at them in person.

I understand the horses are animals, just the fact it seems like perceived odds of winning the race have nothing to do with place, show, and fourth. Just because a horse cannot win a race, it doesn't mean the horse can't make the board. Especially more so the more horses in a race.

Plus sometimes in some races it seems like the jockeys have unwritten rules to just maintain current placing once it's clear none of them can win.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 16th, 2017 at 11:32:42 AM permalink
Saratoga race 1, if you enter your horse into a steeple chase race, you are throwing that horse away. I dont think the fences are properly designed at all. The two didn't make a fence and the flap sprung up endangering all the other horses. They should use real bushes imo, not use fake setups.
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 16th, 2017 at 11:50:52 AM permalink
there was an old charlie chan movie where some crooks tried to fix a horse race. they bet big against the big favorite. when he came around the backstretch they hid behind some old broken down building and were going to shoot a dart with a tranquilizer into the favorite's backside so he would falter. charlie found out about it and stopped them in time. and the big favorite won and all the people who bet on him were happy. charlie chan saved the day as usual.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 16th, 2017 at 12:54:45 PM permalink
bridge jumping, Dutching, ... its all too confusing to me. Tranquilizing darts take time and require expert marksmen. Easier to granquilize the jockey.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 16th, 2017 at 1:04:49 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

bridge jumping, Dutching, ... its all too confusing to me. Tranquilizing darts take time and require expert marksmen. Easier to granquilize the jockey.

Horse betting is a pari-mutuel, you are technically betting against the other people. When someone is bridge jumping, they're trying to take advantage of loop holes about the minimum a bet can pay, with a whole lot risked for a very small return, they are 100% convinced is safe.
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 16th, 2017 at 1:14:58 PM permalink

What do you do, how to bet,

unless they're bet down i think i'm going to bet both collected and accelerate to win. if i'm right about arrogate not being the same horse he once was and if a shot doesn't wake up and stiff me the bet will win.
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
August 16th, 2017 at 3:31:07 PM permalink
What would you T bred bettors call this warm up

https://streamable.com/7wlui
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 16th, 2017 at 6:18:57 PM permalink
Quote: coilman

I have no idea what that even is.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 16th, 2017 at 6:21:30 PM permalink
Quote: Paulick Report

Keith Desormeaux, trainer of 3-year-old Sorry Erik, thought the No. 4 was a good post, but said he'll have to do some serious thinking before fully committing to the Classic. The Grade II $250,000 Del Mar Derby, at 1 1/8 miles on grass September 3, beckons.

“He runs well on dirt or turf and he'll love the mile and a quarter, so there is some inclination to run,” Desormeaux said. “But in all probability, we won't. The Del Mar Derby is the goal. If the field comes up with any more than five, I'll wait for the Del Mar Derby.”

Sadler did not enter Hard Aces in Saturday's Del Mar Handicap as he had previously indicated he might. That would have meant withdrawing the veteran handicap division runner from the Pacific Classic. Sadler said he'll monitor developments in the coming days before making a decision.

Horses can be scratched as late as two hours before the race, which has a post time of approximately 5:40 as the eighth on an 11-race card. The TVG Pacific Classic is a “Win and You're In” qualifier for the $6 million Breeders' Cup Classic here on November 4.

I was excited thinking there were going to be 8 horses, now it's going to be lame. A five or six horse race is pathetic from betting and entertainment standpoints.
I am a robot.
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 16th, 2017 at 6:34:34 PM permalink

yay or nay?

I wouldn't bet all the horses. I'd just treat the win pool like a normal race. Usually if there's a 1/9 shot, you have real good value on the 2nd choice.

I don't understand how horses get to 1/9. Who is betting on a 1/9 to win, when you can bet them to show? Anyway tracks aren't all equal. A 1/9 at Saratoga is a higher quality horse than a 1/9 at Mountaineer.
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 16th, 2017 at 6:36:14 PM permalink
Quote: coilman

Who is the driver? Has he been punished?
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
August 16th, 2017 at 9:07:34 PM permalink
I dont play these kind of races ever but the best strategy is if they bridgejump arrogate bet one other horse to show... otherwise pass the race.
get second you pig
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 17th, 2017 at 1:02:30 AM permalink

oh by the way, just watching the races again tonight, noticed something quite unusual about the 5 I hadn't noticed Monday night. Nocturnal Q, didn't have a lead pony. The jockey rode his horse out cool calm and collected. That's impressive she didn't need a lead pony. She was ridden by Kevin Gonzalez, not Erik Barbaran, since Barbaran was injured in the paddock.
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 17th, 2017 at 1:16:20 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

... its all too confusing to me.

if you take a little time to absorb it all you might find it more enjoyable then other forms of gambling. there's plenty of introductory info on the web and in books.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 17th, 2017 at 1:49:47 PM permalink
When the Pegasus was going on, I tried thinking about every excuse to bet against arrogate, but finally had to just admit he was that good. Now after the last race, I immediately wanted to assume betting opportunity coming up. I think the connections have lost confidence in Arrogate. I concur the other two are better betting options. Have not really looked into the field too much, can't say too much besides Arrogate is a big risk. I think Ill probably not bet.

There is something that bothers me I saw on TVG. During the post show, the announcer clearly pointed out Mike Smith did not seem happy, clearly bothered about drawing the 8 post. A day later, Brittany Eurton starts an interview with Mike Smith, that was apparently taped right after the draw show, and she asserts emphatically Mike Smith was not bothered by the draw. They're using Arrogate to pump up bets on him.

Right now I'm leaning against Arrogate, still deliberating. The distance has to be considered. Arrogate might be able to gear up, depends if he wants to run.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Aug 17, 2017
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 17th, 2017 at 2:19:07 PM permalink
arrogate quit the last race. so the question is why did he quit? to me the most logical answer is he has lost his enthusiasm for racing.
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
August 17th, 2017 at 3:49:07 PM permalink

Who is the driver? Has he been punished?

JAMIESON,JODY C
ON - EXTENTION OF PROBATION
PROBATION IS EXTENDED FROM MARCH 23 2018 TO MAY 23 2018
PROBATION RULING SB 49410 IS ADDED ON TO
BREACH OF PROBATION RULING SB 50661 AND 50660
Commission Rule Number : 1.09
Date Issued : 15-AUG-2017
Violation Occurred : at MOHAWK RACETRACK

JAMIESON,JODY C
ON - BREACH OF PROBATION
Commission Rule Number : 1.09
Total Due : 500.00
Violation Occurred : Race 8 at MOHAWK RACETRACK on 11-AUG-2017 horse FOREVER LIZA

JAMIESON,JODY C
ON - MISCONDUCT PREJUDICIAL TO THE BEST INTERESTS OF RACING
Commission Rule Number : 1.09,6.20(B)
Total Due : 500.00
Violation Occurred : Race 8 at MOHAWK RACETRACK on 11-AUG-2017 horse FOREVER LIZA
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
August 17th, 2017 at 4:51:31 PM permalink
Mohawk soon to be year round Standardbreds. Perhaps Jody, who finished 3rd in that race, was actually trying to win. Such behavior is usually frowned upon in harness racing.
In the more dignified Thoroughbred racing, a whip is used. There are jockeys who are so proficient at whipping that a horse will not eat for 3 days afterwards.
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 17th, 2017 at 6:10:23 PM permalink
Thanks Coilman.

80% of show money on #1 horse at Charles Town - Race 5. 8 horses. I did not bet against, but if I had money in my ADW, I would bet $2 on all other to show here.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 17th, 2017 at 6:25:51 PM permalink
Delete
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Aug 17, 2017
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 17th, 2017 at 11:05:29 PM permalink
I never play pick 6s or any pick anything. Did play the pick 5 at Mountaineer Monday because of a small carryover. Was only a straight ticket for $4 because I didn't want to spend $2*2*2*3, etc. I'm pretty much hopeless like everyone else with such a thing, so decided to play little. Delmar has a carryover tomorrow and a mandatory payout Saturday, so I'll probably play a small ticket again Saturday. If a friend of mine wants in, I might go for a bigger ticket Saturday.

What kind of strategy for a small ticket would you advise. Single a few races, triple up in two? Single up in three, double in three? To keep a spend under $20 I mean. Isn't it true, you just have to be a maniac with crazy luck to hit 6 for the jackpot anyway? What kind of ranges do 5/6 or 6/6(when no single jackpot) pay when there are carryovers and mandatory payouts? What are good strategies playing $100-$200 tickets.

I'm interested in your advice and stories about such things.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 18th, 2017 at 12:02:26 AM permalink
I'll be playing a $16 ticket, hookers and blow for everyone if I win. Three singles and three doubles. My dream ticket was $648, I'd probably be lucky to hit 3 races anyways. I've picked a few total losers, but you have to in order to be the lone winner.

Added: I flip flop a lot when it comes to betting on horses. When I don't, it's usually trouble. I'll probably not bet the p6 or play a smaller ticket. The Del Mar Oaks is key, the Pacific Classic is key, race 6 might be a tough one. P6s are for people comfortable losing loads and loads. I guess I'm sobering up mostly from being so sure Arrogate will fail again with zero hope of winning. Bob Baffert will scratch him if so, really has to, if it's the case. Better to never race again than ruin breeding potential. He might be vulnerable, it's definitely not a case of Arrogate either wins by a mile or loses by a mile and nothing else. It's funny even thinking about these tickets, you start becoming afraid to leave out horses or not afraid to keep adding more. I think it's just greed so different than other bets and I hate it dropping loads all at once on so many horses. I'd never bet on 3 horses to win a race(almost never) and it's not for me. So scary writing down numbers you don't bet, because then you might find out you passed on a large jackpot. You'll need 6/6 even if a carryover plays Saturday.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Aug 18, 2017
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
August 18th, 2017 at 3:57:32 AM permalink
really cool pics of ky derby from brand new high tech sony a9 camera.

sorry if i sound like a commercial but these pics are bumpin

https://alphauniverse.com/stories/sony-a9-goes-to-the-races/
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 18th, 2017 at 5:19:39 AM permalink
Fin: did you ever bet hong kong racing? huge pools, big fields, free PPs with lots of info. lots of asian gamblers betting lucky numbers. i once looked at the results of about 40 of their races and found only 1 favorite under 2/1. big fields but still. some u.s. legal online books front them. i tried it but gave it up. it felt too weird. like i was a stranger in a strange land. still, lots of opportunity there.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
August 18th, 2017 at 5:56:28 AM permalink

Fin: did you ever bet hong kong racing? huge pools, big fields, free PPs with lots of info. lots of asian gamblers betting lucky numbers. i once looked at the results of about 40 of their races and found only 1 favorite under 2/1. big fields but still. some u.s. legal online books front them. i tried it but gave it up. it felt too weird. like i was a stranger in a strange land. still, lots of opportunity there.

I think they just opened it up on ADW sites in the US. I don't really bet international. Too hard! I will be watching International racing tonight as the best horse in the world (Winx) will be racing in Australia.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 18th, 2017 at 8:20:38 PM permalink
Mahoning Valley Race course has a new machine you can cash your racing vouchers, among other things having to do with Hollywood races, believe you can withdraw there from your adw. Very convenient, cannot cash tickets worth more than $1200, feel bad for the cashiers missing out on tips. Most of the time that's all they're used for.
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 19th, 2017 at 10:18:11 AM permalink
in 2017 baffert trained horses have won 57 out of 179; almost 32%. unbelievable. i think he's dominating the sport now like no other trainer in history ever has.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 19th, 2017 at 7:38:13 PM permalink
Arrogate didn't win. That's sad, but not as sad as if he repeated the race before. Should have known Bob Baffert sending two horses means something. I played the pick 4, sensed something was wrong when I played 3,6,8. To me it meant the 2 would probably win, but I didn't change my bet.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 19th, 2017 at 7:54:17 PM permalink
Last race at Delmar, the Tyler Baze on Powder almost fell off the horse in the stretch and rallied for the win. It was quite impressive how he kept his balance and kudos to the horse. It was probably Jabber Jaws fault and an inquiry would have given him the race anyways, as long as he stayed on the horse. Can a horse win without a jockey if another horse is responsible for knocking the jockey off right before the finish line?
I am a robot.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
August 19th, 2017 at 7:59:34 PM permalink
A quick google says horse needs a rider to finish. Don't see anything about it being right before the finish line nor at another horse/jockey's fault. I did run into this, which was fairly interesting to say the least. The jockey, Frank Hayes, died of a heart attack mid race, stayed on the horse, and won the race.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Hayes_(jockey)
  • Jump to: