romco655
romco655
  • Threads: 3
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:03:29 AM permalink
so there is a new table game in my local small poker club. You play against dealer texas holdem 2 cards each dealer shows cards after river. You place bet before cards are dealt. Then u can place 2nd bet of exact amount to see the flop or fold. Then you can check/bet to see turn and one last bet before river. If you win you get doubled every bet after your hand is dealt (max 3) straight and higher is doubled even with that bet before cards are dealt. Its strange becouse there is one guy who is crushing it for like a two weeks now. Is it possible that he beats it or it is just variance.
socks
socks
  • Threads: 15
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:17:53 AM permalink
Name? Texas Hold'em Bonus, Ultimate Texas Hold'em, WPT all-in?

If it can be beat, I would expect to have to have information that you're not supposed to have, like filling up the table and sharing knowledge about the cards. One of my earlier interests in trying to beat games was seeing THBonus in... Bally's? and seeing the dealer's let player's share info, which they aren't supposed to do. I thought telling each other when pairs and A's were out might be an edge. When I looked at the specifics though, the play decisions appeared to be very sensitive and vary wildly based on board layout. After a couple of days looking for an edge, I went back to playing actual poker.

Of course, you can find more info at https://wizardofodds.com/games/ There also seem to be pages on all three games at discountgambling.net
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
March 22nd, 2014 at 2:13:16 AM permalink
The game is Texas hold em bonus, but it's being played wrong. The bet before the flop is supposed to be double. The affect that would have would seem to mean that you should just play every hand instead of folding 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, 2-6, 2-7, 3-7. But also, you are losing less when you lose after having no reason to bet.

There is a reason the game designers make you double the pre flop bet. So..... Yes, I'm positive there is a player advantage, now bring on the math people to tell you how much!
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
March 22nd, 2014 at 2:15:35 AM permalink
The weird thing is that everyone should be winning, although the advantage is probably very small. Could he be hole carding? The game is extremely succeptible to that.
socks
socks
March 22nd, 2014 at 4:21:01 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

The game is Texas hold em bonus, but it's being played wrong.

Oh, wow, I didn't read close enough to pick up on that. I'd definitely follow up on that.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
March 22nd, 2014 at 5:19:44 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

The game is Texas hold em bonus, but it's being played wrong. The bet before the flop is supposed to be double. The affect that would have would seem to mean that you should just play every hand instead of folding 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, 2-6, 2-7, 3-7. But also, you are losing less when you lose after having no reason to bet.

There is a reason the game designers make you double the pre flop bet. So..... Yes, I'm positive there is a player advantage, now bring on the math people to tell you how much![/q In some places they have Texas holdem bonus where you only bet one times your ante.But there are other rule changes or Payoff changes to offset that.

The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
romco655
romco655
March 22nd, 2014 at 10:04:08 AM permalink
How to bring those math ppl? I really think this variant is broken and club just wanted to skip the license of thb by creating own game
socks
socks
March 22nd, 2014 at 10:37:59 AM permalink
Quote: romco655

How to bring those math ppl? I really think this variant is broken and club just wanted to skip the license of thb by creating own game

Can you confirm that none of the other rules or paytables have been altered?
romco655
romco655
March 22nd, 2014 at 10:41:57 AM permalink
Im pretty sure i can... I deal it. Ante pays on straight or better and u bet 1x ante pre flop that is only difference
  • Jump to: